YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 617176 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson & Rugal Bernstein
#421  November 16, 2021, 09:00:31 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#422  November 16, 2021, 10:23:09 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Sure Pexxer looks glad!
And I'm hyped too by 2 good news...

It can only be great!
#423  November 16, 2021, 11:17:33 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Boo terrible where’s Ash.

Jk really that looks super hype! Can’t wait to follow progress on this one.

Any plans for Q that will be unique to your version? New moves, properties, or techniques we should expect?
#424  November 17, 2021, 01:21:55 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
This is an interesting surprise.  I figured your next project would have Midler, judging by the silhouette.
#425  November 17, 2021, 11:48:54 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I love how you gave boxer your personal touch *_*!!!
Just to clarify, it's Trololo's Boxer! The only things I changed were the xScale, the hitsparks, and making the Turn Punch Super Cancelable for the vid. I encourage you guys to try his Boxer out because it's really good!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

This literally made my day.
He looks perfect ^__________^

I was waiting for the boom at the end.

Oh but there's no boom :O
I was hoping for you to see this :] Q is coming in strong with a lot of shit, like a Color Separation and a Run Animation made by the man Raz. Come back at the server already >.<

Any plans for Q that will be unique to your version? New moves, properties, or techniques we should expect?
All the movement was datamined from 3S but it was adapted to be in line with CvS2 movement. I even made a tutorial on how I calculate accurate movement for character that are not present in source, it should be posted in the MFG Discord Server. Other major changes include...

* He taunts faster.
* He can now special and super cancel all of his lights (before he could only special cancel his close Jab).
* He can now super cancel his crouching medium kick.
* He can now super cancel his low dash punch (was thinking on making the overhead cancelable too, but I feel uncomfortable about cancelable overheads no matter how slow they are).
* He can now super cancel all versions of slaps.
* EX command grab has startup invincibility.
* Critical Combo Attack has a MAX variant with lots of corner carry (LOTS of corner carry).
* Deadly Double Combination only bounces p2 for a juggle in the MAX variant, standard doesn't.
* Total Destruction, the install super, not only gives him access to the hitgrab and the command grab, but also gives him armor. I haven't coded the armor yet so I'm not sure how I'll approach it, but I might make it so at the end of the install (last two secs) he gets infinite super armor.
* The lvl 3 is entirely custom. Is a counter super like Iori's. The cinematic that follows in inspired by Rogue One's Darth Vader scene and John Carpenter's Halloween. There's gonna be a small easter egg regarding this super, but it will trigger only by chance.

This is an interesting surprise.  I figured your next project would have Midler, judging by the silhouette.
Hehehehe, it was a misdirection.

Thank you all for the love and support <3 I'll drop a CS template whenever it's ready.

If you guys are wondering about Ash, he's safe and well. FeLo is going thru a training montage to get the last animations in the highest quality possible. Ash will take time but I'm sure you will love the result <3
#426  November 17, 2021, 04:04:59 pm
Mete and Ned, you can bet your butts im excited lol.

Man, this sounds glorious not gonna lie.

A running animation for Q huh ? thats a doozie to make, his dash looks weird too but his backdash is majestic lol.
I am not sure how you guys can even go about it, the man is basically a robotic frankestain, being super clunky and still slow should do the trick I feel though.

Or maybe giving him a unique animation for running where he is not exactly running but more so moving a tad bit faster and still looking clunky af ?

Raz can pull it off no issues, the man has extracted so much data/sprites and 3D models he probably knows how most running anims look and has the feel for it.

As for the server, i'm so swamped with work even if I did came back I would rarely pop in, but I will think about it.
I do miss talking to you guys and also annoying the Jman :v

Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 04:09:15 pm by PeXXeR
#427  November 17, 2021, 08:32:34 pm
    • USA
Q with some POTS style EX attacks is gonna be really fun. He basically has the parry and EX moves from 3S, which already were pretty good. but he'll also have roll, meter charge, reverse roll, and alpha cancel? This guy is gonna be nasty. Q is gonna be pretty unique.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#428  November 21, 2021, 07:58:25 am
  • Was it something I said?
Yo, Q looks so good! Keep up the great work!
#429  November 21, 2021, 01:54:52 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
If you guys are wondering about Ash, he's safe and well. FeLo is going thru a training montage to get the last animations in the highest quality possible. Ash will take time but I'm sure you will love the result <3

Ouch, I feel bad. I'll do my best to match your awesome coding, be sure! :) !!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#430  November 26, 2021, 09:54:23 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Expecting ash sometime in 2022, with all the bell’s and whistles.lol
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ryu
#431  January 08, 2022, 06:33:45 pm
    • Germany
Hey guys, what's up? I just wanted to drop by to announce what I'm working on at the moment. I've been coding Ryu, from the Street Fighter series. I've heard the "yet another Ryu?" argument plenty times when it comes to this, but most if not all of PotS Ryu's releases are edits built upon the original PotS Ryu which even tho it's a legendary MUGEN release, it's like 14 years old and it started showing its age a long time ago.

Ryu it's built upon the most updated PotS system, with the most current data tools, with the best code I can code, to bring up the most modern result I can possibly deliver. At the moment I'm trying to recreate all of his and Evil Ryu's stuff from CvS2, today I finished all of the specials and EX specials. After that I'll move to the additions, and eventually to new modes. But, what can you expect from this character?

5 different modes.

Ryu

Based off a mix of CvS2, SF4, and SFA, this is the most fundamental Ryu.

Evil Ryu

Based off a mix of CvS2 and SF4, this is a sub-boss character that does crazy combos for little meter.

Master Ryu

Different from PotS' Master Ryu. This mode will show traits from all the other modes, but will have its own particular things, like an entirely custom Lv.3 super and a rekka move based off SFEX3 Tatsu. This mode will be on the same tier as Shin Gouki's or God Rugal's.

Denjin Ryu

Based off a mix of SF3 and SFV. This Ryu is thematically designed around electricity, being able to stun its opponents, but having less fundamental strengths (worse normals, no meterless reversals) in exchange.

Shadow Ryu/Kage

Based off Kage's moveset from SFV, with heavy adaptations to translate his V-System to a PotS environment. This mode will do lots of damage under very specific circumstances. He will excel at meter usage and reward correct whiff punishing.

I have finished movesets for all the 5 modes already, but since they're subjective to change, I'll retrain from posting them. To be quite honest, this might be my attempt at a "magnus opus", so I'll take as much time as its needed to get the best result possible out.
#432  January 08, 2022, 06:37:23 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Wow. I didn't think I'd be interested in a Ryu character. You've converted me.
#433  January 08, 2022, 06:42:43 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Glad for the Denjin mode in particular.
I always have been fan of this in SF3, particularly the fact it is a "1max" super that can grow when holding it.

Yes, one more Ryu, a different one.
Of course I would have prefered your character to be a more "obscure" one (If there are some)
But this vision of Ryu is definitely interesting!

Good luck with that!
#434  January 08, 2022, 07:04:57 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Nice to see you finally announcing it here, I've been lurking on the discord server so I knew you would announce it soon or later.
I'm with you on the "yet another Ryu" thing, there is nothing wrong with making existing characters if what you're making is a brand new and improved version. We still don't have a propper PotS Ryu that is not based on the original, build from scratch, which already makes me excited. Good luck and coming from you I know it will be great!
#435  January 09, 2022, 01:17:11 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
oh my my!! This looks VERY promising!!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#436  January 09, 2022, 04:56:39 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Honestly, I'm not surprised on the on the "yet another Ryu" thing as you already done this with Iori and Terry too. But at least you gave them alternative modes so if I prefer a different author's take on the character of the same style, I can still keep yours so it doesn't feel the same as theirs. That's what I like about them and still feel fresh.

Although, Shadow Ryu/Kage's standing sprites looks different from the others and could be his own character like God Rugal. Will he get a standalone SFF based on those sprites? Another thing that bothers me is that red headband on his head. It feels static and has no movement whatsoever.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#437  January 09, 2022, 07:25:18 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I'm guessing that sprite is just an example and the finished sprites will be retouched and polished.
#438  January 09, 2022, 08:43:07 am
  • Was it something I said?
I'm assuming the headband is like that so it doesn't get in the way from Shadow Ryu/Kage's sprites, since it just kind of free flows in SF5, assuming the sprites will be ripped from that.

The amount of styles and work looks very promising, Karma!
#439  January 09, 2022, 01:07:42 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the support guys :)
And yup, indeed that Kage stance is a placeholder. I will probably end up using either Evil Ryu's stance or something else.
#440  January 09, 2022, 03:06:06 pm
you might want to consider using trololo's sprite set that vyn used for his kage?

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!