• USA
Yes.  :P
[size=5pt]My "Dan is the man" post, wasn't meant to be taken seriously.[/size]

so many hdd crashes QQ
Re: MK vs. SF - Fight for the Universe
#203  July 11, 2010, 06:06:13 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Ufff........ Hey guys! now the roster is this!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I was asking if u want me to change Shao Kahn  for Shang Tsung and Kintaro for (Any MK Char Discuss Please dude! I want to finish the roster fast!)

MDD

#204  July 11, 2010, 06:06:26 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
#205  July 11, 2010, 06:07:49 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
Make Shao Shang, and then make Kintaro Kano. :)

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#206  July 11, 2010, 06:11:45 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
Shang Tsung is a yes because, he has enough sprites to be made, but how will you code the transformations? If you can't then it's a no, what about Stryker? (work with me here) [size=4pt]Rant in 3... 2... 1...[/size]

so many hdd crashes QQ
#207  July 11, 2010, 06:16:09 am
We don't need every fucking obscure character, Kano was in the series since MK1. Shang is possible to code, with a hell of a lot of work.

#208  July 11, 2010, 06:21:07 am
  • behold my power
    • USA

so many hdd crashes QQ

MDD

#209  July 11, 2010, 06:24:55 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Isn't Stryker supposed to be a joke?

Also, I noticed Kano isn't on the list. He needs in. As for Shang Tsung, you could always take the easy way out and make him like Shadow Kouma.

SNT

#210  July 11, 2010, 07:49:54 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Keep in mind whatever transformation work you'd be dodging by skipping Shang Tsung, you'd still have to do for Twelve anyway.

First of all, drop the blended sprite transformation sequences, just use a generic explosion helper to cover it.  Other Mugen Twelves in the past have limited the character selection to three or four different transformations, that's something else to keep in mind.  You could even take the easy way out like they did with Shinnok and make it imitations instead of transformations.

Another possibility is to abandon transformations altogether, and implement a couple of his Deadly Alliance moves instead.  3D Fire could be recreated in a similar way to Noel Vermillion's Optic Barrel from BlazBlue, or Ash Crimson's new Genee from KOFXII.  Soul Steal is straight forward enough to replicate, hell you could turn it into a command throw by including the run-up-and-stomp part.  Mysterious Magic is just a sweep version of Reptile's Lizard Elbow.  And all of these could be done with existing sprites, whichever version of Shang Tsung you would intend to use.

Just throwing out ideas.  Also throwing out my support for Kano.
#211  July 11, 2010, 08:39:46 am
Going the 3d games route is just lazy, I like the Shinnok idea for Twelve. The explosion thing is the way to go.

SNT

#212  July 11, 2010, 12:58:53 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
While I think of it, I'd like to see the inputs preserved as much as possible.  MK in particular had some very interesting inputs, like 442s, 88s you had to block during to stop your guy jumping, hold-and-releases, hold-and-command-releases, negative edges...  I'd like to see those kept as authentic as possible, adapted for multiple strengths where appropriate.

Speaking of inputs, I'm presuming six buttons for everyone?
#213  July 11, 2010, 11:10:58 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
I'll try, but it's been a while when I last worked with SF3 sprites, so the palette may not look great.
It'll still probably look better than mine. Thanks though.
While I think of it, I'd like to see the inputs preserved as much as possible.  MK in particular had some very interesting inputs, like 442s, 88s you had to block during to stop your guy jumping, hold-and-releases, hold-and-command-releases, negative edges...  I'd like to see those kept as authentic as possible, adapted for multiple strengths where appropriate.
Idk...maybe there's some way it would be possible to choose your style. I prefer sf commands to mk ones.
Speaking of inputs, I'm presuming six buttons for everyone?
That seems likely.
So...who's in for shao kahn and kintaro?

SNT

#214  July 12, 2010, 12:05:29 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
So long as it doesn't hold your hand like Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon did.  Sai Toss should never have been a quarter circle, for instance; I'm looking forward to hopefully charging three different shots of sai off my different punch buttons, Juri/Balrog style.
#215  July 12, 2010, 12:13:49 am
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
So long as it doesn't hold your hand like Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon did.  Sai Toss should never have been a quarter circle, for instance; I'm looking forward to hopefully charging three different shots of sai off my different punch buttons, Juri/Balrog style.
yea...i kinda like the way juri plays, as off topic as that is.
#216  July 12, 2010, 05:30:44 am
  • What?I know my skull is showing
ok shao kahn is possible because i have a shao kahn jumping attacks and croching attacks (cant spell)

#217  July 12, 2010, 06:14:56 am
He only has like two punches and one kick still. :-\

#218  July 12, 2010, 07:03:35 am
  • What?I know my skull is showing
true

#219  July 12, 2010, 09:36:24 am
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
Is there a grab character for the MK side ? I would like to have one of the characters in the MK side to have a grab that's 1 frame . Hell it would be nice if you can link a combo to a grab ( Of course it has to hit though ) . It's MK VS SF and with a lot of life I don't see how it can be bad .

Now that someone mentioned Noob Saibot having Izuna Drop gave me interest to him as well . Perhaps his teleport move will be different and will instead come from above instead of bottom , with the addition of canceling the throw to an attack which would be nice .

Perhaps a chat debate would be necessary about the Kahn and Kintaro discussion . I think Kahn should drop and be replaced with Shang Tsung with a move-set that transforms and performs moves that are good from MK cast ( Throw moves , missile zoning , etc. ) with the sacrifice being for him to have the weakest life in the game ( A perfect example is Seth in SFIV/SSFIV ) .
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:45:23 am by AceKombat

SNT

#220  July 12, 2010, 06:35:37 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia