YesNoOk

Anyone remember the Mugen Motherland and Genesis forums? (Read 15743 times)

Started by T_DR, October 09, 2020, 04:12:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Anyone remember the Mugen Motherland and Genesis forums?
#21  October 26, 2020, 12:44:37 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
I was mostly part of the Motherland than Genesis, but some of my friendships originated from the Motherland so I have a more fond memory from it. I'm part of still doing MUGEN teams, but i've retired from tournaments long time ago.

Genesis was just a borefest of circlejerking that I just lurked around and that's it.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#22  November 05, 2020, 02:43:04 am
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
I was on the Motherland more often than not, but eventually I kind of just disconnected from communities altogether.

'twas the point that I realized being on your own or with a close knit circle does more good than sticking with groups. I might be here now, but I'm more a passing face with contributions to share here and there (usually AI patches) than an actual member.
#23  November 07, 2020, 11:45:29 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Dude, those old days when the Youtube Mugen community was massive were definitely something. I never spent time on either of these two forums, but I remember the old drama very well. I do sort of lament the end of those forums when the wider mugen community was linked by old ass, bulletin board youtube, because that's when mugen had the biggest reach outside of salty bet (though both are very negative examples of the community!).

Some of us are still around in some place or another, and it's good to see darkflare, seadragon, mightykombat, and gill sticking around. I've been able to be in contact with some other people outside of the few times I pop by guild, but there's a lot of a people I wish I could get in contact with.
#24  November 08, 2020, 11:06:09 pm
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
I remember Genesis. Honestly nowadays I'm kinda ashamed of my time there.

Yep, we all get to that point where we look at at ourselves in the past and sometimes regret our past actions. We always have the present to improve ourselves and learn from our mistakes.
#25  November 08, 2020, 11:15:08 pm
    • USA
I was mostly part of the Motherland than Genesis, but some of my friendships originated from the Motherland so I have a more fond memory from it. I'm part of still doing MUGEN teams, but i've retired from tournaments long time ago.

Genesis was just a borefest of circlejerking that I just lurked around and that's it.

Same here the Motherland forums may have it's flaws, but Genesis was the one where I had a really bad experience there. I do still have some fond memories of the Motherland forums and it's pretty cool that some of you are still around. Basically this post is pretty much somewhat of a reunion of those who been a member of those forums.

I definetly remember you too. Your team "The Crimson Moon Specters" was a force to be reckoned with back in the day in terms of your skill level and in the tournaments and I'm suprised the team still exist in this day and age. You even did fight my old Mugen team from way back which I believe it was "Team Thunder Strikers". Ruine, is that correct? (If people still call you that name that is) I also retired from the Mugen Tournaments as well even though they are still around.

There was also another forum I discovered a few days ago call "Stupid Dope Mugen" I did post a filler Mugen team there called "Team Ghost Babel Hunters" and boy looking back at that, I was like "What have I done?" xD

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/stupid_dope_mugen/viewforum.php?f=2
#26  November 08, 2020, 11:18:03 pm
    • USA
I was on the Motherland more often than not, but eventually I kind of just disconnected from communities altogether.

'twas the point that I realized being on your own or with a close knit circle does more good than sticking with groups. I might be here now, but I'm more a passing face with contributions to share here and there (usually AI patches) than an actual member.

I too was at the Motherland forums more than the Genesis forums. Communities generally can be a big hit or miss. In my case I often prefer to be solo and/or just stick with ones that I'm the closest with. I'd say what I do like about this forum that It does have members who do Mugen for different reasons. I guess we can all say that variety is a spice of life after all.
#27  November 08, 2020, 11:28:07 pm
    • USA
Dude, those old days when the Youtube Mugen community was massive were definitely something. I never spent time on either of these two forums, but I remember the old drama very well. I do sort of lament the end of those forums when the wider mugen community was linked by old ass, bulletin board youtube, because that's when mugen had the biggest reach outside of salty bet (though both are very negative examples of the community!).

Some of us are still around in some place or another, and it's good to see darkflare, seadragon, mightykombat, and gill sticking around. I've been able to be in contact with some other people outside of the few times I pop by guild, but there's a lot of a people I wish I could get in contact with.

I very well much remember the drama we all had to deal with back in the day especially when it came to Mugen teams. I did remember that most people from the forums had Mugen teams who use the characters only for AI (Me included) and even I shook my head thinking about my old team looking back now. Many of us would also criticize each other of our teams whether it's postitive or negative. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to criticism and It's also very important to take note of feedback, but we all did feel at one point that we all want to make our Mugen teams as perfect and acurate as possible whether it's for the skill or the tournaments.

Like I said before, It's really cool that many of you are still around and If I had a chance, I would like to talk to them more even the ones who did kinda acted like a "jerk" in the past. And no worries, I have no animosity to anyone who had this type of attitude in the past and I have faith that everyone changed.
#28  November 09, 2020, 11:39:33 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

Same here the Motherland forums may have it's flaws, but Genesis was the one where I had a really bad experience there. I do still have some fond memories of the Motherland forums and it's pretty cool that some of you are still around. Basically this post is pretty much somewhat of a reunion of those who been a member of those forums.

I definetly remember you too. Your team "The Crimson Moon Specters" was a force to be reckoned with back in the day in terms of your skill level and in the tournaments and I'm suprised the team still exist in this day and age. You even did fight my old Mugen team from way back which I believe it was "Team Thunder Strikers". Ruine, is that correct? (If people still call you that name that is) I also retired from the Mugen Tournaments as well even though they are still around.

I don't go by that name anymore.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#29  November 13, 2020, 08:35:34 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/

I very well much remember the drama we all had to deal with back in the day especially when it came to Mugen teams. I did remember that most people from the forums had Mugen teams who use the characters only for AI (Me included) and even I shook my head thinking about my old team looking back now. Many of us would also criticize each other of our teams whether it's postitive or negative. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to criticism and It's also very important to take note of feedback, but we all did feel at one point that we all want to make our Mugen teams as perfect and acurate as possible whether it's for the skill or the tournaments.

Like I said before, It's really cool that many of you are still around and If I had a chance, I would like to talk to them more even the ones who did kinda acted like a "jerk" in the past. And no worries, I have no animosity to anyone who had this type of attitude in the past and I have faith that everyone changed.
I actually find that funny, because when I had a team way back when it was just the characters I liked to play the most. I think most of my stuff had no AI, but back then I was a teenager so I didn't care too much! I used to play drowin's Kouma (and I liked (and still kinda like) drowin's stuff), which had an insane cheap mode with absolute hyper armor. On the ampchu video of him fighting Zero_col (which is still up I think) he references me beating Zero_col (in a deleted video) but I actually just exploited the fact that drowin decided to allow the Act Cadenza 1.01 mode to become the hyper armor cheap mode if you were about die.