YesNoOk

Saint Seiya Dream  (Read 6686 times)

Started by Djoul, January 01, 2023, 11:50:42 pm
Share this topic:
Saint Seiya Dream
#1  January 01, 2023, 11:50:42 pm
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year !

How to finish well 2022 and begin 2023 when we are a huge saint seiya Fan ? With Saint Seiya Dream !

We are so happy to share with you our first Saint Seiya Dream Ikemen demo as we will able to get a lot of feedbacks from all of you. Also 2023 will be a great year for Saint Seiya Dream as we plan to make 2 releases of the game : severals characters and stages will come for sure ! Also kind of story mode...

This first demo contains :
• Pegasus Seiya
• Andromeda Shun
• 3 Arenas

Don’t hesitate to check our discord (https://discord.gg/qey8xkt8)

Have a good time guys !
SSD Team

Link megaupload :
https://mega.nz/file/fXxiUCKT#ZhRTkRBWUvhx0LeLAWQUidvbGkkZVpT41tXjKLUnm5k
Key : ZhRTkRBWUvhx0LeLAWQUidvbGkkZVpT41tXjKLUnm5k

Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:22:07 pm by Djoul
Re: Saint Seiya Dream
#2  January 01, 2023, 11:53:11 pm
Also, quick note about our mechanics:

Saint Seiya Dream is an old school game specially designed for fans who have dreamt to play one day Saint Seiya on an arcade machine with in-depth gameplay mechanics. We are indeed saint seiya fans but also gamers who enjoy a lot fighting games.

This section will allow you to understand properly how Saint Seiya Dream works. You will find on our discord general guides and other tutorials for the game. Character specific guides will be in their respective character channels.

General information:

- 4 Buttons + 2 buttons (Full Charge Launcher and uppercut launcher), it means that each characters have at least 2 punches and 2 kicks. (Light - Hard). But one button can have multiple variation depending of the distance of you character. For example Seiya can have one close punch, one medium punch, one strong punch and one hard punch. It will be up to you to discover the possibilities of each character.
- Air dash : all the characters have air dash. Back and foward air dash. You can execute them by pressing back back or foward toward while you are in the air.
- Power up : there is no cosmos charge in Saint Seiya Dream. You can only gain your energy by doing damage to your opponent or being attacked. Don’t worry as a saint seiya fan you will still see the cosmos in action many times.
- One overhead move, each character have the ability to execute an overhead move in order to break the guard while the opponent is blocking in crouch position. This move can allow you to execute a combo.
- 2 throw, a back throw and a foward throw. You can trigger it by pressing light punch + light kick button in the same time.
- Uppercut Launcher, this launcher is a specific move that allow your character to send your opponent in the air. It give you the opportunity to begin a combo really easily or to extend combos between links. Please note also that lot of EX special moves becomes launchers. So one characters doesn’t have only 2 launchers. It will be up to you to chose what launcher fit you the best!
- Full Charge attack launcher, this move allow you to charge an attack in order to break the guard of your opponent. This move is unblockable and become a launcher when it’s fully charged. This move can be cancelled for strategy purpose.
- A Combo Breaker, it allow you to escape a pressure while you are in hitting state. Of course, you will need to spend meter for that.

- A guard Counter, it allow you to escape a pressure while you are in guard state. You can trigger it in the ground only.
- 6 specials moves with variations. (Light, high, EX(means emplify)
- 2 super moves.
- Power Mode. (Example 7th sense for Bronze Saint), this mode allow you to unlock temporarily new special moves, unique abilities and one Finisher (Fatal KO). In order to unlock your power mode, you must deserve it! As a bronze saint you must extinguish the flames of the 12 temples of the sanctuary, represented by the clock of the sanctuary in the left corner of your screen. This the only way to reach the Athena sanctuary in order to unlock the 7th sense. You can only remove flames from the clock by performing secret conditions with your character during your match. Each character has his own conditions. Becarefull! Once the 7th sense is reached, you can trigger it only one time and for a limited time. Each class of saints (bronze, black saints, gold saint) have different type of power mode, with different achievements and conditions.

Enjoy our first demo :)
#3  January 03, 2023, 04:59:19 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Andromeda's stance and some moves, look kinda like an italian fullgame project I was following long time ago and got cancelled, Saint Saga.
#4  January 04, 2023, 12:24:41 pm
  • Why,
Andromeda's stance and some moves, look kinda like an italian fullgame project I was following long time ago and got cancelled, Saint Saga.

There was one that think, but it was spanish(?) and somewhat bugs at almost every person ( and them are a lott ) , only good it was lott of selects, but lso lott of disapoint at hem fight so differentely at look each other.  It also feelings more collection thaan full game .

good at someone really try own at also!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#5  January 04, 2023, 06:55:02 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
The one I'm talking about, Saint Saga, is a beat em' up game made in C++, since this game is very old (and cancelled) I was looking for it on youtube and no longer exists but, fortunatelly, I have the video on my pc and gonna upload it soon so you can check it out.

Update: here you go.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:44:37 pm by Noside
#6  January 05, 2023, 12:00:03 pm
Hello ! Yes we know them personally and they also follow us. Few animation are indeed inspired ;)
Thanks, a new demo should be out for summer season ;)
#7  January 05, 2023, 08:54:31 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
I see, that's awesome, that game had potential, it's a shame it got cancelled but anyways, I'll be keeping an eye on the new demo in summer, cheers!
#8  January 05, 2023, 09:17:52 pm
  • Far away from home
    • France
Yes ! Finally a good Mugen Saint Seiya game is coming. There are so many crappy characters from this universe  :'( (I must admit fews are good, too  :sweatdrop:).

Your video lets us see dynamic gameplay and that you did a lot of work in the anims (this is, IMHO, the huge problem of all the crappy Saint Seiya chars). So yes, indeed it's a really good way to begin 2023.  :yippi:

Congratulations to you and courage to continue the work.  ;):goi:
#9  January 21, 2023, 12:44:34 am
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
Awesome job man! Love the mechanics you introduced (I'm working for months on a big update to Saint Seiya Legend to make similar upgrades), perhaps graphics need a bit of revisions on proportions (it's a problem when are drawn from anime). It's a big year for Saint Seiya! Good continuation!