YesNoOk

[Resentone Thread]: Botan, Tao, Yuzuriha Released (24/03/2024) (Read 807146 times)

Started by Resentone, January 22, 2022, 05:49:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Enigma Hyde & Phonon Released - 5 Updated (03/09/2022)
#81  September 03, 2022, 04:57:27 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#82  September 03, 2022, 05:06:15 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Thanks
#83  September 03, 2022, 06:12:44 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Small fix for Enigma Hyde
03/09/2022 - 1.0.1
- Fixed colored sword fx not showing.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If you want to change the colors of the effects. You need to change the palette of the swish effect itself, not the character palette. Otherwise the color won't change. Don't use the basepal from the palette folder as reference for the fx colors as it was only used for UNI, not mugen. and since it only change the characters palette, not the swish effect. it won't do anything.

I've not made one yet for Phonon due to how her whips are indexed, I do plan to add it in on future updates so keep an eye out.
Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 06:25:44 pm by Resentone
#84  September 04, 2022, 12:43:57 am
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey, found a bug on Enigma where in his Astral he just continuously runs at the opponent. I've only tested it on Bowser so far but thought I'd bring it up before further testing.

https://imgur.com/M80n9vw

#85  September 04, 2022, 01:58:51 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
#86  September 04, 2022, 11:24:01 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I found a few more things after testing them:

Enigma Hyde:
-The sliding dust sound effect on his running throw is delayed as it plays 15 frames too late and has no large sliding dust positioned on the opponent's side similar to OHMSBY's Iori's Kuzukaze.
-Strict Daze has the wrong attribute flag (V instead of S).
-The swish sound on charged Strict Daze plays 10 ticks too early and plays exactly when the charge sound does.
-There is envshake when he touches the ground on the normal versions of Pale Stride when it misses (This does not exist on the EX version).
-The red hitbox on Vacant Shift - Dive and Red-Clad Craver's Follow Ups is too large on the bottom as it could hit the opponent nowhere close to where his leg is when they're on the ground and causes the hitspark and guard spark to be misliagned.
-Blast Earth is missing the jump sound effect on the 15th frame when it successfully connects.
-The Burst Effect is red instead of white (This is the only effect that's still part of Hyde's original counterpart).
-The 2nd super spark on Void Red - Sever Eclipse is still using the distortion drive spark sound effect instead of the astral heat one.

Phonon:
-The large sliding dust on her running throw is layered behind her (It's noticeable when it's used near the edge of the wall).
-The hitsparks and guard sparks of Tuning Satisfaction B is misaligned when it hits opponents in the air.

If you want to change the colors of the effects. You need to change the palette of the swish effect itself, not the character palette. Otherwise the color won't change. Don't use the basepal from the palette folder as reference for the fx colors as it was only used for UNI, not mugen. and since it only change the characters palette, not the swish effect. it won't do anything.
Since you mentioned that, why is the color for his blade on his default EX palette purple? With the exception of Vlov as he uses Fire and Ice attacks, his blade and effect palette doesn't match with his default one since his blade is technically black in color. And to see that the colors for the style used such as the Burst and Force Break and Super Sparks are white, I would think the swishes and the effects would also be as well. I don't see anything on his own palette that resembles purple on him. If you don't want to change it, that's fine. Just curious about the reason why as the alternative palettes have matching blade colors.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#87  September 04, 2022, 01:00:45 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
All Fixed.

-The red hitbox on Vacant Shift - Dive and Red-Clad Craver's Follow Ups is too large on the bottom as it could hit the opponent nowhere close to where his leg is when they're on the ground and causes the hitspark and guard spark to be misliagned.
I made them smaller but can't go anymore smaller than that, other wise he will whiff on some route when facing small opponents. the EX version of Vacant Shift - Dive hitbox remains unchanged since it's basically the same move as OHMS Hyde.

Since you mentioned that, why is the color for his blade on his default EX palette purple? With the exception of Vlov as he uses Fire and Ice attacks, his blade and effect palette doesn't match with his default one since his blade is technically black in color. And to see that the colors for the style used such as the Burst and Force Break and Super Sparks are white, I would think the swishes and the effects would also be as well. I don't see anything on his own palette that resembles purple on him. If you don't want to change it, that's fine. Just curious about the reason why as the alternative palettes have matching blade colors.
where his leg is when they're on the ground and causes the hitspark and guard spark to be misliagned.

The palettes in UNI have their effects purple when used through palmodding, so I'll just go with that. the purple fx come from his purple eyes if you look close enough.
Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:10:19 pm by Resentone
#88  September 04, 2022, 03:07:09 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Fixed an error on Shiki.
04/09/2022 - 2.1.1
- Fixed an error where Shiki could use Roman Cancel when performing 214B+C without making contact on the opponent.
- Renamed 214B+C from Flash Sheath - Eightfold Thrust to Flash Sheath - Tenfold Thrust.
Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:57:03 pm by Resentone
#89  September 06, 2022, 03:22:08 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Found an error for Enigma Hyde that the opponent won't recover after getting hit by charged j5C many times.
https://streamable.com/6gwxbz

...That reminds me of Ruby's error back then.
#90  September 06, 2022, 03:57:44 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
#91  September 16, 2022, 11:15:49 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
For some reason, Saber's taunt wouldn't build meter for me.
#92  September 17, 2022, 01:43:02 am
    • USA
I seem to have a found a bug on Phonon's Complete Servitude when I tried this on OHMSBY's Kirito and my Gunvolt. When it successfully connects while the opponent is flashing when their astral heat conditions are met, it triggers an in state 9883: changed to invalid action 3090 debug error. It probably has something to do with the flash itself since it doesn't affect Ichida's characters as he uses a different indicator for his astral heats.
#93  September 17, 2022, 04:00:39 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
#94  October 24, 2022, 06:36:52 am
    • USA
Hey Resentone, how are you doing dude? You doing well? And if you don't mind me asking some questions, did you face any interesting challenges when making Byakuya, specifically his spider arms that he uses and his web moves and affects? Also when updating the Melty Blood google drive did you find anything interesting or unique? And finally is a process to picking your next two characters? For example, for Shizuo and Nanaya is there a specific reasoning or theme for these two as the upcoming two characters? Because both characters have a theme of struggling with the inner beast in them, with Shizuo struggling to deal with his incredible strength and temper and Nanaya being the representation of Shiki Tohno's fear of his inner demon hunter side.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:45:34 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Mash Kyrielight & Byakuya Released - 8 Updated (31/10/2022)
#95  October 31, 2022, 07:59:28 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Mash Kyrielight and Byakuya has been released, head over to the first page to download them.

-Everyone updated:
- Fixed an error where the Burst icon will flash red on the next round/round reset when NOY is activated.
- Fixed an error where the Awakening Portrait will flash white on Ultra Burst/Ultra Dead Angle startup.
- Health Points will now vary between characters.
-Character changes:
Saber
- Added an Intro against Mash Kyrielight and Arcueid Brunestud.
- Fixed some aesthetic errors.
Hisui
- Added an Intro against Mash Kyrielight.
Enigma Hyde
- Fixed an error where Shadow Scare does not chip kill.
- Fixed an error where the Super Spark effect when he activates his astral heat is layered in front of the Astral Cut In portrait.
- Hyde's icon has been updated.
Phonon
- Fixed an error where the Super Spark effect when she activates her astral heat is layered in front of the Astral Cut In portrait.
- Phonon's icon has been updated.
Red Arcueid
- Rewrite EX Weiss Katze hitdef, it now play a block sound effect and the opponent will try to block properly instead of keep walking backwards.
- Red Arcueid's icon has been updated.
- Fixed some aesthetic errors.

Hey Resentone, how are you doing dude? You doing well?
I'm alright, thank you.

And if you don't mind me asking some questions, did you face any interesting challenges when making Byakuya, specifically his spider arms that he uses and his web moves and affects?
I did, mostly because of his spider arms due to how tedious it is to arrange them, and his web detection code due to it not being documented in the elecbyte site. The end result is good so it's all worth it in the end.
He is a lot harder to make than Phonon.

Also when updating the Melty Blood google drive did you find anything interesting or unique?
There's nothing that really caught my eye. Unlike UNI, there's little unused stuff in the files this time around due to fpan culling them before release. Like Shiki for example, his se txt file indicates that have a lot unused lines, but those lines  doesn't exist in the game anymore.

And finally is a process to picking your next two characters? For example, for Shizuo and Nanaya is there a specific reasoning or theme for these two as the upcoming two characters? Because both characters have a theme of struggling with the inner beast in them, with Shizuo struggling to deal with his incredible strength and temper and Nanaya being the representation of Shiki Tohno's fear of his inner demon hunter side.
Idk if I have said this before but, I always pick characters if I can make them or not. There's no deep meaning behind them.

Some Nanaya sprites preview, WIP.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you found any error or infinites, please let me know.
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Mash Kyrielight & Byakuya Released - 8 Updated (31/10/2022)
#96  November 05, 2022, 02:55:10 am
    • USA
Idk if this is an error or not, but I noticed an issue with Byakuya where if the enemy is at chip damage area to KO and you use "Become a Part of Me" on counter hit, the 1st hit of the drive can KO the opponent and cause the distortion KO pause to appear once you enter the 2nd part of the Drive.   https://streamable.com/rl9dnn
#97  November 05, 2022, 05:09:40 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
#98  November 09, 2022, 01:35:18 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Small fix for Mash Kyrielight
09/11/2022 - 1.0.1
- Fixed an error where her Astral Win pose would play randomly.
#99  November 09, 2022, 02:24:55 pm
I thought it would be a just right sized Byakuya Kuchiki.
#100  November 12, 2022, 01:37:06 pm
    • USA
Since Mash was updated, I got some feedback on her:
-This is relatively minor, but the Kaede image preview in the Palettes folder is bigger than the others (Any reason why this one is more upscaled? The same goes for Byakuya's MadetheHairGreen palette in his too).
-The Appear animation when she gets her shield is choppy during her special intros with Hisui and Saber (It just disappears by a tick and doesn't transition smoothly like the Vanish animation during her normal intros).
-The hitspark and guard spark of 5C is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.
-The amount of frames to go to her standing animation in Quick Assault without the follow-up is much faster than 5AAAA (It also has no recovery, so using that instead of her actual 5AAAA after 5AAA can result to an infinite if repeated).
-Art Strike is unblockable in the air and still has increased cornerpush on the last hit (If you don't remember, that only applies to the ground version of the move like Enigma Hyde's Red-Clad Craver).
-She doesn't blink blue when rapid canceling EX:Punishment or EX:Buster.
-The old air dash effect is missing on NOY Buster Shock (You can keep the large sliding dust effect on there still, just the additional air dash effect is needed to go along with it).

Didn't getting around testing her again until now because of you know what.
Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 02:01:48 pm by ZolidSone