YesNoOk

(UPDATED v1.2) MvC2 JEAN GREY -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #03 (Read 20405 times)

Started by 087-B, April 12, 2020, 03:42:42 am
Share this topic:
(UPDATED v1.2) MvC2 JEAN GREY -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #03
New #1  April 12, 2020, 03:42:42 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

LEGACY AGE OF HEROES PRESENTS...
AN UNPREDICTABLE REVIVAL!!

JEAN GREY
It was the best image I could find...

Legacy Age of Heroes is excited to be back! And what a more fitting visual pun than making our revival with JEAN GREY of the X-Men!!! Though not yet equipped with her Phoenix powers, the powerful she-psychic is still armed and dangerous with telepathy and telekinesis! Much like her official fighting game appearance, she has quite below average health, and although she doesn't have Dark Phoenix to make up for this, she DOES have multiple combo options that revolve around baiting and faking out your opponent. She's all about attacking from all sides!!

Spoiler: What's New? v1.3.1.4 (click to see content)

Spoiler: Information + Move List (click to see content)

VIDEOS
SHOWCASE BY RED CHARIOT!

SHOWCASE BY GUI SANTOS!

CREDITS
JJkoolaid & Mortos: For beta testing, supporting me, and being big helps in my MUGEN journey and constantly inspiring me to keep working!
DarkWolf13 and Walruslui: For the original MvC2 template!
Blade: For the base Jean Grey sprites!
MFG Community: For being awesome, and for feedback!
VS Style Debuts Team: For being one of my biggest inspirations!
Elecbyte: For creating MUGEN in the first place!
YOU!: Cause you took the time to read this article and download this character!
Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:07:27 am by 087-B
Re: MvC2 JEAN GREY -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #03
#2  April 12, 2020, 10:56:45 am
You didn't put the required sprites correctly (or Blade/Zox didn't, at least). You should fix that.
Also there's debug flood (ctrl+D for reading the debug messages) saying there's no 0-th partner.

The j.HK plays the "flying down" hit sound effect even when you hit a standing enemy.
Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:01:30 am by AlexSin
#3  April 12, 2020, 05:00:39 pm
    • USA
You didn't put the required sprites correctly (or Blade/Zox didn't, at least). You should fix that.
Also there's debug flood (ctrl+D for reading the debug messages) saying there's no 0-th partner.

The j.HK plays the "flying down" hit sound effect even when you hit a standing enemy.

"You didn't put the required sprites correctly (or Blade/Zox didn't, at least)."
Which sprites are incorrect? I worked with the sprite Blade/Zox had already made, and I'm aware some key ones are missing (there's no rolling sprites in the original). I did have to improvise with some of that, but I was already planning in updating her anyways since I knew she could be ironed out.

"Also there's debug flood (ctrl+D for reading the debug messages) saying there's no 0-th partner."
Now that I've gone back and looked at that, yeah I see it. Though, forgive me being an amateur but I'm not entirely sure what it means by "0-th partner". ^_^;

"The j.HK plays the "flying down" hit sound effect even when you hit a standing enemy."
That's actually something that appears to be an issue with the template itself. I noticed the same thing with Nightcrawler and Invisible Woman when I was making them, and I've been trying to figure out how to fix it but haven't had any luck.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope I can update her effectively in the future. :)
#4  April 13, 2020, 12:07:32 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

lui

#5  April 13, 2020, 01:26:03 am
    • USA
Ah, if i may add

the 0th partner debug flood is from the tag system installed. it's meant to be used with the characters darkwolf13 and i worked on and enables to tag system featured there.

if you want to get rid of the flood you'll have to get rid of the tag system. otherwise it's harmless
#6  April 13, 2020, 05:02:14 am
this is good, but i think you could dare to add some new moves or modifications.
#7  April 13, 2020, 06:02:03 pm
  • Passing Through
#8  April 13, 2020, 06:42:07 pm
Which sprites are incorrect? I worked with the sprite Blade/Zox had already made, and I'm aware some key ones are missing (there's no rolling sprites in the original). I did have to improvise with some of that, but I was already planning in updating her anyways since I knew she could be ironed out.

I said required sprites. They're the get hit sprites. You must have them positioned like explained in the docs.

http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/spr.html
#9  April 13, 2020, 07:15:17 pm
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
Great work! Love her speed!
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#10  April 15, 2020, 01:24:19 am
    • USA
Hey everyone! I heard your feedback loud and clear, and I took the time to polish the hell out of her for a new update. Now she's here, with new moves, fixed glitches, and I think a much better playstyle!

She's not perfect, but I hope she's much better this time! Would love to hear your thoughts guys! Download links have been updated accordingly, and a changelog is posted.
Re: (UPDATED v1.2) MvC2 JEAN GREY -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #03
#11  April 15, 2020, 07:33:25 am
I always loved these sprites. Glad someone recoded them. Can’t wait for you to implement the Phoenix sprites 1 day
#12  April 15, 2020, 07:41:49 am
    • USA
I always loved these sprites. Glad someone recoded them. Can’t wait for you to implement the Phoenix sprites 1 day

Hey thanks man! Always been a fan of these sprites myself.

Phoenix/Dark Phoenix will be a separate character, since I really think fitting all three into Jean alone would be... really messy and bloated, if you catch my drift. :P
Too much going on all in one character. But I have plans for Phoenix! Hopefully halfway decent ones.
#13  April 15, 2020, 04:01:26 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Tried her out, I think she is definitely getting there. Here is my feedback

-I would make it so that her hard kick lunges in a little bit more so that it can connect after being pushed back during a combo.
-Her super beam D,DF,F + PP I suggest making it so that it makes them fall after being hit with it.
-Super Spark on supers are not properly aligned. They are all near her legs.

Suggestions
-Another idea for some more supers or etc. she can make weapons by using her powers, sorta like Psylocke, so maybe that would help. (Tons of characters with FX that you can simply rip from and color it the same color as power's FX to make it look like hers and code it as a helper.)
-Maybe trying coding the super beam move so it can be done in the air also.
-Maybe a super where she picks her opponent up using her telekinesis and slams them to the wall, or ground repeatedly
-Air dive kick more similar to Akuma's or etc
- During Raging Phoenix move, you should use a screen flash (I believe its called a BG Pal FX) and sound FX during her transformation back into regular Jean from Phoenix.
- Download the other Jean's out there to get more ideas as well.

Of course all of that is optional. Other than that, keep rockin dude.

#14  April 15, 2020, 06:26:32 pm
    • USA
Tried her out, I think she is definitely getting there. Here is my feedback

-I would make it so that her hard kick lunges in a little bit more so that it can connect after being pushed back during a combo.
-Her super beam D,DF,F + PP I suggest making it so that it makes them fall after being hit with it.
-Super Spark on supers are not properly aligned. They are all near her legs.

Suggestions
-Another idea for some more supers or etc. she can make weapons by using her powers, sorta like Psylocke, so maybe that would help. (Tons of characters with FX that you can simply rip from and color it the same color as power's FX to make it look like hers and code it as a helper.)
-Maybe trying coding the super beam move so it can be done in the air also.
-Maybe a super where she picks her opponent up using her telekinesis and slams them to the wall, or ground repeatedly
-Air dive kick more similar to Akuma's or etc
- During Raging Phoenix move, you should use a screen flash (I believe its called a BG Pal FX) and sound FX during her transformation back into regular Jean from Phoenix.
- Download the other Jean's out there to get more ideas as well.

Of course all of that is optional. Other than that, keep rockin dude.

Hey man thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

- I was actually planning on doing that but it slipped my mind before I released this version. So that's my bad, haha. Definitely something I will do in the next update though!
- Good idea! I want to update her Beam and Meteor Shower supers to make them less... awkward, lol.
- Good catch, I missed that! I'll see what I can do about fixing those.

In regards to your suggestions:
- I actually do have one more hyper planned, and I'll see what I can do about more special moves and maybe additional hypers. I'm still an amateur so bear with me if the final product of your ideas isn't perfect initially. XD
- I considered that but I'll be having a slightly different hyper when in the air, actually. Expect that in the next update!
- If I can figure out how to code that, I'll gladly add that somewhere!
- Oh, an air dive kick? That's a real good idea. I'll see what I can do!
- Actually with her transformation from Phoenix back to Jean, I had the animation cut abruptly because when Akuma finishes his Raging Demon in MvC2, the animation just cuts back to his idle animation with no transition. I intend to add a transition but I left it as a simple cut solely because it worked for now and I didn't wanna risk messing up the code.
- I actually did download a few other Jeans to get some ideas, and it helped a lot! Thanks man!

I really appreciate this all, and I'll see how much of it I can do! The issues and necessary fixes will, of course, take priority. But thanks much! I'll keep working hard and doing my best!
#15  April 17, 2020, 08:59:15 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Here's my showcase. ;)

For now the most decent Jean Grey for MUGEN, can't wait for the future updates.
#16  April 17, 2020, 10:12:01 pm
    • USA
[youtube]https://youtu.be/1S307HgQRoc[/youtube]

Here's my showcase. ;)

For now the most decent Jean Grey for MUGEN, can't wait for the future updates.

WOW, nice man! Was not expecting this, thank you so much!!

Glad you liked her! The next update is gonna be coming soon and will include plenty of fixes, plus some new features!