YesNoOk

Contributor Suggestion Thread (Read 1381259 times)

Started by Cybaster, September 03, 2007, 09:26:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Democracy Thread
#901  October 28, 2009, 12:11:15 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
-1 to Gill for contributor. 
In my opinion his feedback is largely useless often to the point of it just seeming to be a "post count +1" type of a thing. 

+1 to Gill for moderator. 
Just think how much cleaner the report section would be if he just took care of it all himself. 
I think the "what if he messes up" scenario isn't a good enough reason to not give him a shot at it.  It's not like he couldn't be kept an eye on for a little bit. 

He seems to care enough about the Guild to moderate it. 
+1 for mod :P
#902  October 28, 2009, 12:17:31 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Loona no offense, but just because you needed "damage control", doesnt mean orochi would. 

I meant damage control in the sense of containing flamefests and whatnot in threads - as for the kind of damage control you seem to refer to, when did I ever ban anyone or did something particularly hard to revert?...
I was refering to your shuffling of threads, not any bannings or anything. 
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#903  October 28, 2009, 12:28:06 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Loona no offense, but just because you needed "damage control", doesnt mean orochi would. 

I meant damage control in the sense of containing flamefests and whatnot in threads - as for the kind of damage control you seem to refer to, when did I ever ban anyone or did something particularly hard to revert?...
I was refering to your shuffling of threads, not any bannings or anything. 

I know - real easy to undo really (even if i still think the reaction to that was disproportionned, although I got carried away with it from the sudden access).

As for the ban thing mentioned above, that was kinda before your days, and on assholes who were pretty much asking for it and whom nobody else seemed to actually be willing to handle.

Thus my proposal for a "sub-moderator" function with limited functionality that could also be handy to test possible candidates to the full works.
tl;dr I was the only staff member with a grudge.
#904  October 28, 2009, 12:59:07 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

As for the ban thing mentioned above, that was kinda before your days, and on assholes who were pretty much asking for it and whom nobody else seemed to actually be willing to handle.

:smug:
#905  October 28, 2009, 01:18:03 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
being a retard troll i think i just realized zantetsumug was banned by loona for some reason.

you both buried the hatchet though, right :P
But they should already, teasing is so childish
#906  October 28, 2009, 01:20:33 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont think so, Tim.
#907  October 28, 2009, 01:36:30 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
being a retard troll i think i just realized zantetsumug was banned by loona for some reason.

Reasons - he got plenty of chances before I went through with it eventually. Then again, back in the day there was a warning system with a few layers to it.

And I resigned my admin position when he was readmitted. There's only so much one can identify with forum policy.
The punitive stuff isn't there only for the noobs, being around for a long time is no excuse to be a prick, especially to newcomers with little to no connections in the community.
Let's just say I disapprove of the double face.
#908  October 28, 2009, 06:33:05 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I like how back then, half (Lies, probably 2/5 or so) of the staff always PM'ed me logs from the super secret section, and how they disagreed with certain someone's actions.

being a retard troll
I don't think you're one (Now Riverniall, Gorillapapa, and the likes...)
I had my moments back then though! Fun times nonetheless.

Carry on with your thread. This blatant lie is the only part that irked me~!
when did I ever ban anyone...?
Re: Let's just say I disapprove of the double face.
#909  October 28, 2009, 09:25:02 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
I like how back then, half (Lies, probably 2/5 or so) of the staff always PM'ed me logs from the super secret section, and how they disagreed with certain someone's actions.

Did that include the polls about it I created about it back then?

I didn't try to run things like it was a one-man show, bu you certainly seemed to act like bein on good terms with people in the staff gave you a free pass to be an ass.

This blatant lie is the only part that irked me~!
when did I ever ban anyone...?

I responded to Laxxe's "damage control" comments, which likely referred to the recent and brief surprise nomination - if half a decade ago I gmodded for a couple of years and admined for at least one, of course I eventually banned people.
#910  October 28, 2009, 12:54:46 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Why are people bringing up a "fight" that happened before half of the forum members were born ???

GLB

#911  October 28, 2009, 12:59:46 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Ahh, Well boredom takes it tolls I suppose. Anyways the original conversation would be nice to get back to  ;) 

+1 for gill mod as said above I originally thought he deserved a contributer status but he  does deserve the mod status a little more for reasons said above.
#912  October 28, 2009, 01:22:43 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
so if i made a bunch of sprite edits i could be a contributor?
#913  October 28, 2009, 01:33:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I would say yes. Though announcing that that is your goal may make people -1 you when/if you ask for contributor afterwards DX

Also, since mommo didn't pass the Sepp test can you make Panzer a GMod now? As long as he stops posting in blue font? =p
#914  October 28, 2009, 03:22:57 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
so if i made a bunch of sprite edits i could be a contributor?
If its to help out people, yeah.
Cooper only got a upgrade to contributor after he contributed to Mugen, even having a whole game done on another engine.
#915  October 28, 2009, 05:36:45 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#916  October 28, 2009, 05:41:46 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Why are people bringing up a "fight" that happened before half of the forum members were born ???

'cause it makes the other half remember and chuckle.

+1 to Gill for moderator. 
Just think how much cleaner the report section would be if he just took care of it all himself. 
I think the "what if he messes up" scenario isn't a good enough reason to not give him a shot at it.  It's not like he couldn't be kept an eye on for a little bit. 

He seems to care enough about the Guild to moderate it. 

Would be fine by me.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:00:17 pm by Sepp
#917  October 28, 2009, 06:27:55 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
So Noah was banned by Loona a long long time ago due to noah's sexual prefference, amirite?

Oh yeah Gill for mod.... well I don't particulary mind as long as he doesn't post anymore at teh Mugen screenshot thread.
Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:31:54 pm by Bastard Wolf
#918  October 28, 2009, 06:41:32 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
So Noah was banned by Loona a long long time ago due to noah's sexual prefference, amirite?
Wrong. Zantetsu's posting style has improved A LOT over the years. Some time ago, he could make Titiln look like a sweet puppy in comparison. ;P
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#919  October 28, 2009, 06:42:53 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I remember back when his displayname was Annonymous. He really did not forgive. Good times.
#920  October 28, 2009, 06:43:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Wrong. Zantetsu's posting style has improved A LOT over the years. Some time ago, he could make Titiln look like a sweet puppy in comparison. ;P

Before becoming a Gmod, me and Zantetsu even had some altercations over that.
He has improved a lot.