TMNT Bebop WIP  (Read 229371 times)

Started by Dcat, April 29, 2017, 01:37:25 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: TMNT Bebop WIP
#21  May 17, 2017, 06:41:55 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, when I saw that last night, I was thinking the same thing. In regards to his head being too stiff for his walk anim. Though other than that, everything is indeed looking great. Good job, looking forward to his progression and development.
#22  May 17, 2017, 10:14:42 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Oh yeah, original animation for the attacks look nice.

Some questions...

How big will Bebop be compared to default KFM, Ryu or one of your Turtles?

Will he have a crouching shoot & standing shoot animation?

Maybe you could create a new running animation and use the one you have for a shoulder attack?
#23  May 17, 2017, 10:21:10 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Maybe you could create a new running animation and use the one you have for a shoulder attack?
Maybe you could use the same one, but just add AfterImage and maybe increased Vel for the attack version... and a different startup?

#24  May 19, 2017, 01:32:18 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
I like the walking animation but I'll see if I can improve it a bit.

Will he have a crouching shoot & standing shoot animation?
Yes I still need to make a standing shoot sprites. 

How big will Bebop be compared to default KFM, Ryu or one of your Turtles?

My Bebop is bigger than the turtles and is intended to be an overall meatier and more weighty character than the ninjas. I was going with the implied physics of his first appearance in the cartoons where him and Rocksteady were basically heavyweight bruiser powerhouses. He will have some envshake added to his charging, jump land, and knocked down states to convey this kinda like Hugo from Street Fighter III.

Here's a size comparison with my other TMNT characters:

Maybe you could use the same one, but just add AfterImage and maybe increased Vel for the attack version... and a different startup?

On the Running sprites I'll add some effects to him and actually have a followup where he leaps and launches his body at the opponent; kinda like an aerial shoulder tackle, so i can use the arcade squished sprites from when he crashes into Rocksteady. 

-----> 

He'll hit the opponent then be knocked back onto his rear. Or maybe he'll use that animation if he whiffs the opponent & connects with the edge of the screen...
Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:37:09 am by Dcat
#25  May 19, 2017, 07:54:33 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Nice always loved your characters. Cant wait
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#26  May 19, 2017, 09:45:33 am
Will Bebop have some grab moves like Hugo or Zangief had? I know not too much from them, otherwise he'll do much SF moves than his own mover.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#27  May 19, 2017, 10:46:20 am
    • Germany
On the Running sprites I'll add some effects to him and actually have a followup where he leaps and launches his body at the opponent; kinda like an aerial shoulder tackle, so i can use the arcade squished sprites from when he crashes into Rocksteady. 

-----> 

He'll hit the opponent then be knocked back onto his rear. Or maybe he'll use that animation if he whiffs the opponent & connects with the edge of the screen...

ROFL! I wanna see how good it looks animation wise when he hits the opponent with that totally straight Bebop sprite at the point of impact.  ;D
Screen edge idea is good too.  :mlol:
#28  May 19, 2017, 01:05:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Dcat, with height comparison I realized krang should be bigger...maybe in another update?
#29  May 20, 2017, 01:29:50 am
Sprited a Crouching Medium Punch based on Blanka's attack. Took all day... I'm not very quick at this. Also did a Standing Light Kick based off of Bebop's classic move from TMNT 3 Manhattan Project on the NES

Crouching Medium Punch / Crouching Medium Kick / Standing Light Kick

Crouching Slide Kick

Dcat, with height comparison I realized krang should be bigger...maybe in another update?

Yeah I might have to increase Krang a bit with Bebop being a part of the roster now...

Will Bebop have some grab moves like Hugo or Zangief had? I know not too much from them, otherwise he'll do much SF moves than his own mover.

I wanna give him a clothesline attack and a headbutt for sure. Also butt drop seems standard for chubbier characters like Bebop, I could use it as an air combo finisher. For the headbutt, I was thinking about something like what Street Fighter 3 Alex has that can stun the opponent and then Bebop can set them up for some air combos.

I was also considering changing the launcher setups for Bebop from the standard Marvel vs Capcom type layout. I'd change it so that Bebop starts his aerial raves following a command grab or based off of knocking the opponent into a wall bounce or ground bounce. Where its more environment based as opposed to my other characters where you simply hop off into the air, Bebop slugs you into something and the enemy bounces up from there.

Also something like this Power-blow grab that Q has at 2:07 that launches the enemy high after a dramatic wind up delay

Could make for some harder hitting/nastier looking combos.

Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:10:44 am by Dcat
#30  May 20, 2017, 01:07:46 pm
    • Germany
You could use that "Two-handed chokelift" suggestion as a tool to get a wall bounce.

P.e. like King in Tekken (same throw, just called "Executioner Drop") Bebop could choose if he throws p2 in front or back.
At 9:37 in the vid below with the front & back version.

Maybe you could give him a ground pick up into the "Two-handed chokelift".

P.e. Colossus in "X-Men: Children of the Atom" had a OTG throw (Body Press/Hold) where he could even walk forward or backwards for a short time with the opponent over his head and then throw him. I would suggest the same but with the "Two-handed chokelift".
#31  June 05, 2017, 03:52:29 am
Good suggestions, Im working on the two handed choke lift sprites right now. Based on Haggar from final fight series and Boris from Violent Storm. I'll check on Collosus as a sprite base as well.

Got two more attacks polished.
Bebop Elbow Drop - could be a Heavy Air Punch, and a Two-handed Standing Heavy Attack

#32  June 05, 2017, 07:00:14 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sweet!
#33  June 05, 2017, 09:11:53 am
  • It Is What It Is
    • USA
Hmm. How about a Rekka-esque attack that ends with a command grab finisher? Kinda like Seiger's flying backbreaker chain from Samurai Shodown 2...

At 0:16

#34  June 05, 2017, 03:33:15 pm
    • Germany
The Elbow Drop looks really nice. Love the animation of the glasses in the Two-handed Heavy Attack.
#35  June 05, 2017, 08:38:53 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
This is just a suggestion - the basic attacks are excellent as is, but I think you should emphasize his clumsiness more often like in that wall bump.

This is kind of a crap edit so please excuse the quality... and me, if you don't agree :)

A less sure-footed Bebop, which could still be embellished much further.

For that double overhand, that's perfect if he connects but maybe make him follow through very clumsylike if he misses, as if he almost takes a head first dive into the ground as his hands go between his legs.

#36  June 06, 2017, 02:23:51 am
love the sprite work on him...although I think it would benefit to have his legs on the idle stance match the thickness and definition as all the other sprites and attacks...which would seem the best because that is only one sprite as opposed to changing all the other sprites to be skinny legged...And I love the new leg sprites you have made...I am only saying this because it looks a little weird to have them shrink and grow in his animations
#37  June 06, 2017, 08:43:13 pm
Thats awesome u are bringing Bebop to Mugen!! I have all your chars and love to have this one too!! :)
#38  June 06, 2017, 09:43:29 pm
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
Thats awesome u are bringing Bebop to Mugen!

#39  June 08, 2017, 04:42:14 am
  • DS12's MLG storage full of poyos
    • USA
    • diamondawesomeness.wixsite.com/mugencharsandstages
I'm actually hyped for this bebop character dcat, hope you're progressing beautifully!
I like trains :]
Lol JK, I'm only gonna be stalking here, nothing much to do here anyway.
#40  June 09, 2017, 03:20:47 pm
  • Dont let someone'zZ opinion of u become ur reality
    • Netherlands
    • AD.8IGHT@GMail.com
Cool project man! It's looking good!