YesNoOk

Ken 1.1 (Custom) (Read 5240 times)

Started by Burn(0), September 22, 2022, 01:26:03 am
Share this topic:
Ken 1.1 (Custom)
New #1  September 22, 2022, 01:26:03 am
    • USA
Custom 1.1 Ken with mixed gameplay. A few new sprites and moves. Uno Tag included. One AI setting. If you find a bug, please let me know.

9/28 Version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/uj3ndq2q8w7c6bd/Ken.rar/file

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://imgur.com/57Fxmv1

https://imgur.com/sfxHE6T

https://imgur.com/YAgr0kz

Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:28:06 pm by Burn(0)
Re: Ken 1.1 (Custom)
#2  September 22, 2022, 01:42:01 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Any footage? Screenshots? Videos?
#3  September 22, 2022, 02:41:10 am
    • USA
#4  September 22, 2022, 02:54:18 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I played with your Ken before and you maded a good work, thanks for sharing here!

PS: But yeah, you need post images ok your char man.
#5  September 22, 2022, 03:35:56 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#6  September 22, 2022, 08:53:33 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I saw your work in another place before you release it here.
And I really liked this powered up Ken.
Again, it reminded me some old school Mugen characters, when we tried to add every freaking move to Kyo or Ryu, Akuma...

And I like the result!

I wish the same treatment can be done to some other non-shoto characters ! :)
Thanks for sharing this custom Ken!!
#7  September 22, 2022, 09:33:13 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
OK, I officially declare this Ken epic. Congratulations on a good make, pal! The only things that felt kinda wrong with him are how samey all normal Shoryuken versions feel to each other movement-wise (what I mean is, it doesn't feel like HP is different enough from LP) and his MK Tatsumaki being Gouken's, for some reason.
#8  September 22, 2022, 02:58:47 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Here's my extensive feedback on him:
- Intro 4 is meant for when he's against Terry, because he's supposed to be picking up and throwing his cap.
- Some hitboxes could be lowered like his Far Stand MK and EX Tatsu because they'll whiff mid-combo on the likes of KFM.
- Might I suggest making Machine Gun Blow only accessible by tapping 1 specific punch button (E.g. Tap LP for the Light variation). I sometimes accidentally use it when trying to do his LP,MP,HP Chain Combo.
- Speaking of Chain Combos, I find it odd that he can't cancel from it seeing how crazy this is move-wise.
- EX Costs are inconsistent. For example, EX Shoryuken costs 1/2 a bar, Joudan Sokotou Geri is 3/4 a far, and EX Senkugoshoha is a full bar.
- I also wish he could Air-Super-Cancel from Shoryukens while he's mid-air like EX Tatsu.
- EX Bakuretsuken should drain power and have the EX FX at the start, not on hit.
- Might I suggest making it so moves that stun can only stun once per combo so you can't (sorta) infinite? (e.g. EX Senkugoshoha)
- Hishoukyaku could do with more hits and a tad more damage.
- Kongou Kokuretsu Zan:
A. Could do with better pushback since if it's blocked up-close he's wide open for a punish.
B. Could have more consistent guard properties. The starting earthquake is blocked low, but then the erupting flame(s) is an overhead.
- Why not give Gouka the typical Raging Demon command?
- The super system in general is probably the strangest thing about him.
Supers have different animations with more damage depending on the power he had before using it, but I feel like you'd be better off using, the classic LVL1/2/3 thing where the most powerful is a Level 2 or 3, but you can still use the Level 1 version. The current system isn't very balanced especially when certain Level 1s don't have stronger versions which gives you little reason to use them at full power.
- Why not use AILevel for AI commands? It's weird seeing the var(59) method nowadays because the difficulty doesn't scale with the MUGEN difficulty level.
- I also saw the AI use a non-super Shinryuken which isn't mentioned in the Move List.

There's several more small nitpicks I have but I decide to give you the more noticeable stuff first.
He has his flaws, but it's a good take on a 'Super Duper Master Ken' based on what I've seen.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update

vyn

#9  September 27, 2022, 05:41:39 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
VERY cool character
#10  September 29, 2022, 07:15:36 am
    • USA
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated you guys

OK, I officially declare this Ken epic. Congratulations on a good make, pal! The only things that felt kinda wrong with him are how samey all normal Shoryuken versions feel to each other movement-wise (what I mean is, it doesn't feel like HP is different enough from LP) and his MK Tatsumaki being Gouken's, for some reason.

Here's my extensive feedback on him:
- Intro 4 is meant for when he's against Terry, because he's supposed to be picking up and throwing his cap.
- Some hitboxes could be lowered like his Far Stand MK and EX Tatsu because they'll whiff mid-combo on the likes of KFM.
- Might I suggest making Machine Gun Blow only accessible by tapping 1 specific punch button (E.g. Tap LP for the Light variation). I sometimes accidentally use it when trying to do his LP,MP,HP Chain Combo.
- Speaking of Chain Combos, I find it odd that he can't cancel from it seeing how crazy this is move-wise.
- EX Costs are inconsistent. For example, EX Shoryuken costs 1/2 a bar, Joudan Sokotou Geri is 3/4 a far, and EX Senkugoshoha is a full bar.
- I also wish he could Air-Super-Cancel from Shoryukens while he's mid-air like EX Tatsu.
- EX Bakuretsuken should drain power and have the EX FX at the start, not on hit.
- Might I suggest making it so moves that stun can only stun once per combo so you can't (sorta) infinite? (e.g. EX Senkugoshoha)
- Hishoukyaku could do with more hits and a tad more damage.
- Kongou Kokuretsu Zan:
A. Could do with better pushback since if it's blocked up-close he's wide open for a punish.
B. Could have more consistent guard properties. The starting earthquake is blocked low, but then the erupting flame(s) is an overhead.
- Why not give Gouka the typical Raging Demon command?
- The super system in general is probably the strangest thing about him.
Supers have different animations with more damage depending on the power he had before using it, but I feel like you'd be better off using, the classic LVL1/2/3 thing where the most powerful is a Level 2 or 3, but you can still use the Level 1 version. The current system isn't very balanced especially when certain Level 1s don't have stronger versions which gives you little reason to use them at full power.
- Why not use AILevel for AI commands? It's weird seeing the var(59) method nowadays because the difficulty doesn't scale with the MUGEN difficulty level.
- I also saw the AI use a non-super Shinryuken which isn't mentioned in the Move List.

There's several more small nitpicks I have but I decide to give you the more noticeable stuff first.
He has his flaws, but it's a good take on a 'Super Duper Master Ken' based on what I've seen.

- I'll be replacing intros 3 and 4 with custom intros vs my Ryu when I finish him
- Hitboxes on Far Stand MK and EX Tatsu lowered slightly
- Machine Gun Blow button detection is the same but I increased the input time so it doesn't interfere too much with LP,MP,HP,HP chain (Far Stand HP can be canceled into a follow up HP with specific timing)
- All 4 hits of LP,MP,HP,HP chain could always be canceled normally, but Far Stand HP can only be canceled into the follow up HP or Nata Otoshi Geri (etc.), Joudan, Ryusenkyaku, Rasetsu and Senkugoshoha
- EX move power costs normalized to -500 power (forgot to change these back after testing)
- Slightly increased MP and HP Shouryuken jump height
- Shouryuken can now be canceled into aerial supers at the peak of the jump. Only the MP and HP target velocities have been adjusted to compensate
- EX Bakuretsuken EX effect moved to beginning of move
- Removed near-infinite EX Senkugoshoha and EX Hadouken strings
- Increased damage on Hishoukyaku
- Increased pushback on first hit of Kongou Kokuretsu Zan and fixed the guard properties on the flames. No idea why those were overheads
- Gouka could always be activated with normal SGS command but only at full power
- Super system will remain the same, but I've adjusted the power cost and damage for supers
- Added AI difficulty scaling
- Hold up after landing Shouryuken for follow up