YesNoOk

Street Fighter I: The King of the Hill (Read 30050 times)

Started by Nexus Games, January 25, 2023, 02:40:31 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter I: The King of the Hill
#21  January 26, 2023, 01:40:29 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Nexus Gaming, if you actually retire... commit to it.

But if you come back, this whole speech is gonna bite you in the ass like nobody's business.

Nobody asked you to retire, nobody wanted you to retire, and we sure didn't advocate for you to stop making mugen content. But if you wanna stop, then stop. Permanently.

POTS can come back because he disappeared, people like you usually don't retire. Because you don't want to. You want people to be happy that you're "retiring". You want people to confirm your self-fulfilling prophecy of pity. Well, after the update, we(yes, we) will show you just how much we know you can do more. We'll show you how much of a benefit it is to have people like us around you to keep you in check. We don't want you to leave, man. We want you to learn.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#22  January 26, 2023, 02:11:16 pm
the only reason why i was saying that years ago because of the negativity and no one helping me with character coding, but years went by and this kind of stuff is why. i never said people are telling me to retire, it's just the years of negative actions and some people telling me to do stuff by myself makes me think if i am wasting my time. and don't compare me to pots, we are different people. i can learn it's the people around here's ignorance to me that drives me away from having the confidence to keep going.

yeah i did think about it but all of this was from years of just straight up shitting and trashing me without any "hey if you are new to making stuff i can help you with a link" or when trololo gave feedback to make had a lot of hate in it like i don't know what I'm doing and it's not like i never ask some people for help. i kept getting people telling me to do characters my self, or snapping at me.

i was going back and forth with if i should leave or not, like i love fighting games but not if people say why they don't like my characters and when i ask what i can do better, i get nothing.

i don't know what i did wrong, so many people constantly trying to give chuchoryu feedback and not me, i get a tiny bit of feedback and not that "the hit boxes are messed up or the animation timing are messes up. i helped other people when they needed help but I'm still by myself working on stuff.

i been through so much on this and other sites that i just feel like maybe it's me people don't like for some reason. if you go on my channel i do work very hard so it's not I'm not putting in any effort. i just think people just don't like me for some reason.

at the end of the day i am one person, people can leave stuff for me to fix characters or leave messages to fix things, it's just people in this thread thinking that im still who i was years ago and bringing up certain things from how i was in the past, its like no matter what i do im still going to get hate from here, and this is the only site i can get feedback from.
#23  January 26, 2023, 02:27:37 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
...well, if what you see RN is what you like, then fine. But why bothering even sharing with ungrateful crowd then?
And at that I leave this thread, and will not visit it again. Not with where it's going and what I have to participate in because of that. If you'll need my help, or you want to show me an actual progress - do it via PMs.
#24  January 26, 2023, 02:29:41 pm
also i just don't want to talk about this kind of stuff again, I'm too old to be talking back and forth i just want to do these last updates and that's it, this is the only site i can get help with mugen stuff and I get talked to like i did something wrong or certain people just don't like me and not help. well it's the internet anyway, i just want to say that for the people who never got upset with me with small stuff and things, we are good. there just been a lot of bad times being here with how i am treated.

let all just leave this like this and wait for the updates to this game as trololo helps me if he still wants to since every times someone wants to help me, i never hear from them again. and they say they are but it's been a whole year.
#25  January 26, 2023, 02:42:37 pm
since i can't lock this thread i just want this to just be about the game and not anything in the past or how i was (for ever reason why no one likes me and my stuff) things like that.
#26  January 26, 2023, 03:10:46 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Wow, I'm late. I'll DL the game once I'm at home. unfortunately, I can not talk about coding because I know NOTHING, but about sprites I think I could say one thing or two, constructively.

By the pics, +10 points because you tried to stick as much as possibe to the source game, having Ryu different to Ken(stand) and different to the other Ryu's (Ive seen the screenshots about punches, etc). There are some anatomical inconsitencies(Lee's arm in that air punch is like broken and thrown to the rival), but again, that's a minor thing, specially if the team is only you.

Please people, be nice!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#27  January 26, 2023, 03:52:07 pm
well Sil3NT J did the other sf1 sprites, and I'm not good with spriting big characters like Abigail and i didn't even sprite him, i just added stuff he was missing that i seen in sfv.
#28  January 26, 2023, 03:57:56 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I'm not perfect but I'm still growing as a creator
This, just focus on this.
If you posted here is because you want some advice for your game, so just take that and improve what you did and still do. Don't take the (personal?) attacks you read here and just focus on your game and what you can improve. I know what a fullgame is about all the work you make for characters, screenpacks and etc, so I understand you, but after I read in this thread, maybe you went too rushed to release it. However, I like the idea and is still a great concept, SFI is a game that deserves more love.

I didn't download your game yet, but from the video you show, I can tell you some kind of feedback maybe didn't say the others:
-First of all: why Ryu has his SFI voice but all the others have SFA and even SFV voices?? If all fighter would have SFI voices or similar, would be better, but Ryu sounds like he was fom another game, maybe his Alpha voice would be enough. Also the SFX, sometimes sounds like MvC and sometimes like SFI, it's not consistent
-Another thing I noticed is the velocity, the game runs too fast to be a prequel of a game series, all is too frenetic to be a 1987 game remake, can be count even as a MvC remake of SFI, maybe make general moves slower so can be most enjoyable
-Of Final Fight crew, the only one doesn't fit is Lucia, chronologically appeared after the events of SFII (and way after SFA), so include her here wasn't the best choice IMO. Also, you've to improve the portrait
-The winquotes got a too little font, barely I could read anything of what Ryu said when he wins. Maybe getting a bigger font or at least a black square to read it since it's lost with the background (I noticed that for myself too, got a similar problem with my fullgame). Same with the menu, the fonts are too small, maybe doing this fullgame with a less resolution (like 640x480) would work better
-What Felo said, I also noted some inconsistences on sprites, with some arms being biger in some moves or maybe some characters, what really bothers me is Joe, I expcted to see something like David_Bazbal's (PIM) or MFG Team (CvS), but those SFIII sprites are way bigger and (IMO) ugly, he seems even bigger than Birdie in-game
-And about being bigger that it needed, the combo nombers, they're even biger than KO as we saw in one of Trololo's shots, maybe being smaller would look better

Apart of that, I support every word Trololo said, maybe got some salt on his posts, but he speaks with the truth and you should listen to improve your game. I'm gonna download it but I don't think I could make a better feedback that the ones said here already. Good luck, I hope you can improve this in next updates ;) I'm not an expert as Trololo or various of some who posted here, but if you need help with something, you can ask me too

Oh, I forgot to remark these from past posts, keep them in mind, please:
DO NOT let my rant here discourage you, but use it to become better.
Here is a suggestion, then: try working on one character at a time. I'm sure there are people in the forum that would be willing to give you detailed feedback if you ask them.
True, the game is far from perfect, but it has a lot of potential.
I do hope you get the time give it a proper update.
Best regards.  :bjugoi:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#29  January 26, 2023, 04:03:16 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Please people, be nice!
Been reading the entire thread and I second this. We don't need people to come and swarm creators like a bunch of hyenas. Leave feedback as it is: they can take it or leave it.

This is why so many newcomers are too afraid to post any of their works anymore. Criticism is fine, but don't leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth after giving one.
#30  January 26, 2023, 04:14:28 pm
well since it's a remake i wanted to give the game a combo heavy experience since the original didn't have combo, and since now a days capcom want to give character high combo potential i wanted to add something where people can do something like that. and since sf1 remake is supposed to be fresh, i wanted to add stuff for people to be like i wonder if i can do this, and every system in the game takes meter so it's not like it's broken. there are limitations if you don't have meter or only have 1, but if you have 3 then if you don't mess up you can go crazy, kinda replaces 3 bars, your doing more steps, more damage, a reward for spending 3 bars of meter.

and i know trololo speaks the truth, he is helping me, it's just i never got any help years ago and people wanted to fight with me. i know how to do all the things he is telling me, it's just i have a way of how i make characters. i really just make stuff and characters for fun since my stuff is fan made, but bugs like the 10 tripping and the hit boxes i can do those easy.

just the other stuff he said and the others here just brought back stuff i did not want to re-live like, no one is nice to me here, but a tiny bit of people here are nice that i've met.

i just don't want to argue and fight with people, this is a guild, and i know it's the internet but everyone is supposed to get along here right?.

can we please not continue what has been said here please?
Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 04:18:54 pm by Nexus Games
#31  January 26, 2023, 05:59:12 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
despite no one bringing up your distant past except you, until your update there’s nothing left to say. And when you do your update, we’ll have some more constructive feedback for you. Good luck with your progress, bro. We’re rooting for you.
#32  January 26, 2023, 06:33:12 pm
I did bring up the past stuff but, I just didn't like that this thread got derailed into arguments, and the negative comments every time i post something that get peoples attention.
I just wanted feedback on buggy or broken things, not getting feedback then getting upset with me and saying my work like Hit Boxes and stuff like that is trash, I can fix those easy, I can except the feedback but the rest felt like Trololo didn't want to give it but because it was sf1 he did. someone saying that work on one character at a time, which I do, i can't help if no one wants to help me or ask me if i needed it, everyone who wants to help don't end up helping me.

it just brought up old stuff i didn't want to be around again.

I'm going to do the updates the best way i can, and that's all.

DW

#33  January 26, 2023, 08:19:10 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
and the two people i looked up to, and asked for help was akira r@ce and Divinewolf and they both got angry with me which discouraged me from asking anyone here for help.
Also, I don't know what caused DivineWolf to get angry at you...

Because I never did. Funny how I stumbled across this and was about to give some advice. For one of the few people who were in your corner, it's odd that you'd throw some disinformation about me. I literally came to your defense when Macaulyn here was on you about that Glacius you made. I remember you PM'img me about some stuff, but honestly, it starts getting to the point where I'm doing it for you, rather than you learning yourself.

No one taught me how to code initially. This isn't to say people haven't helped me along the way, but you've been around long enough here to at the very least, the basics should have been instilled in you. Hell, I'm pretty sure you've been at this longer than I have. If you understand basics, then at the very least, you'll have strong foundations. Your foundations are weak, because you take "shortcuts". I learned by observing and taking things apart, understanding as time went on. Anyone is capable of it, it all comes down to your willingness to apply yourself.

The "woe is me" mentality will get you nowhere. There are thousands of creations you can reference for applications. Whether it be physics, cslns boxes, etc. There's tons of documents as well, and most times, people will help you, though no one wants to hold anyone's hand as they create.  I don't condone anyone being overly emotional/harsh when it comes to feedback. I'm not gonna call you out your name, say your work is trash, or anything else of the like. Nor should anyone else. However, it has come to a point where, you should start reflecting on what you're doing. Blind praise won't help you either, or constant back patting won't help you improve either.

You've been at this long enough to know how to properly induce physics from state to state. This is pretty much "Mugen 101". Along with hitboxes and hitdefs. After so many years of this, you should not be releasing chars who can walk on air and other basic bugs like that. I agree with the advice given here, and I'll reiterate:

You shouldn't be trying to make a full game at this point. You should focus on making a solid char with good foundations, expand upon it as needed, and once that's established, you could start making concepts for full games. You need to understand basic concepts of what makes a fighting game good, and build up from there. What you do doesn't have to be exactly like SF of KOF, but, there's a reason why those games are still going strong today. SF set the standard for/the foundation for what makes a good fighting game.(Well....at least SF 2 lol) Trololo is right. You lack a fundamental understanding of these concepts, and your work reflects that. You're too focus on the end, but lack the steps to get there. Watch some vids, tournaments, play yourself and get a grasp on them. For what it's worth, I believe you have potential, but it needs to be honed and fine tuned. The only person holding you back at this point is yourself.
#34  January 26, 2023, 08:43:09 pm
it was because before i needed help with one this with a max mode problem because it kept taking a whole bar of meter instead of half, and you got mad at me or snapped out and said something like more work ethic, something like that, and i just only asked for help with one thing since i used your kfm to make c.viper, i might of messed up on one thing with the code and i thought you would help me real quick.

I can't even have one post without a problem, i only wanted feedback, also i never wanted to be on that level, there is nothing wrong with having fun making mugen stuff, yeah i like making full games and i may not be on you guys level, but when i started out years ago it was not like people let and right was willing to help me and get me to understand making characters, i watch ryon's vidoes when he was making tutorials to get an understanding of how to set up and put a character together.
#35  January 26, 2023, 08:47:40 pm
I've tried asking but either people were busy or didn't like me. not everyone can be talented to learn stuff fast, like when ever i would post characters, no one told me the stuff trololo is telling me to fix, i just got negative back lash and people hating my works without me knowing why, ever time i asked, i got nothing. even though swagga kings don't know how to make characters, he tells me if anything is broken or glitch and i fix them.
#36  January 26, 2023, 08:56:10 pm
    • Argentina
Honestly I can't tell what happen time ago that nobody has helped you, but in my case each time I asked for help and feedback I received it, even in Mugen Archive. and like 6 months ago I didn't know anything about character creation, but I learned by looking at other chars, so now I kinda have a idea of what to do.

As they said, Probably you should share each character, and once you finish it polishing him go for the next one (and maybe left Abigail out because the resourses avarible aren't to good to begin with).

You dont have to retire or stop doing what you do, you dont even need to scrap this game, just polish what you have, and it will be a decent game.

btw, thanks for using my stages, I appreciate a ton.
#37  January 26, 2023, 09:12:09 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hey I'm popping in to remind you that the reason you can't lock your threads is that this literally happens every time

You make a thread and then as soon as someone tells you problems bigger than "this hitspark is incorrect" you start acting like you're a novice even thought you've been doing this for close to a decade

And then you lock your thread so you can pretend that nobody helps you out ever and somebody has to come along and unlock it

People realized they were wasting their time and stopped bothering and what did you say

Spoiler: What he said (click to see content)

As if you weren't one of the culprits who was trying to ape that style

We're all tired, CVSmakogames

If you don't want to try that's fine, but you can't have it both ways
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:15:46 pm by Speedpreacher
#38  January 26, 2023, 09:18:13 pm
im not getting rid of this game, people are telling me stuff i been doing, i just stop asking for help, because either they did not like me or they had no time, i had to do stuff on my own. i learned some stuff but to say im not putting any effort and not knowing what im doing, is not my fault i'm just finding different way of trying ti improve. and no problem you did a good job on them Rabano, i was surprised that you were the same person who made them lol

#39  January 26, 2023, 09:28:09 pm
and i get it i get it i get it geeeeez. no more telling me the same thing, I'm not same as i was then, i just wanted feedback, that's all i asked and trololo gave it to me. i know people are jumping in here to say all this stuff, but this thread was never about whats going on now. if this keeps happening I'm going to tell there admin (lol it sound so dumb like a karen lol)
but seriously can we just drop all of this, this site has not changed, can't make a post without all of this going on.

and it ain't like I'm lying either, and i know all the other names and accounts i had, i just could not take the harassment and negativity i got from being here, i just want to make an update to my game and finish it. that's it, all of this is why I'm retiring because no on deserves this much hounding from a bunch of people who don't know me in real life. i have not messed with anyone i just want to make my projects and that all and if anyone wanted to help me out then I'm fine with it all, but I'm not going to get it because of my characters. it should be "this guy has potential maybe i can help him out"

I might just message an admin because this is just gone too far for no reason and i tried so many times to keep this thread on topic but no one is listening. this is supposed to be about the game and not me.

lui

#40  January 26, 2023, 09:42:50 pm
    • USA
I might just message an admin because this is just gone too far for no reason and i tried so many times to keep this thread on topic but no one is listening. this is supposed to be about the game and not me.

Everyone here has only said stuff to help you redirect your energy into actually improving your stuff, not attacking you personally. Not one person has told you that you suck and can not improve, not one person.

You basically did not listen to anyone and are straight up scared to face the fact that the only person overreacting and is holding you back

is you.