YesNoOk

What do you hate of your own country? (Read 22370 times)

Started by moolambo, January 29, 2010, 02:26:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What do you hate of your own country?
#321  February 23, 2010, 08:48:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Is that a metaphor for large bosoms?
#322  February 23, 2010, 09:32:42 pm
  • Fuck You.
LOLIced-Innuendo
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/

OZ

#323  February 23, 2010, 10:11:12 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
LMAOSomeone posted  :-\

Why do you do that so much?
ಠ_ಠ
#324  February 23, 2010, 10:37:53 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I remember this thread used to be about what we did not liked about our own countries. And now somehow it turned into a "shamrock's a douche!" thread.

:-\
#325  February 23, 2010, 10:46:28 pm
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#326  February 23, 2010, 10:50:54 pm
  • SNK is life
#327  February 23, 2010, 11:53:24 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I'm with Walt on that one. :P

And there is an important difference between structural poverty and transitional one. USAA/USEA was in a big recession and huge economical mess some time ago, yet you pulled through. A ton African, most South American and a bunch of Asian countries will not be able to pull through like you guys are doing.

I'm not saying you are catastrophy-less, nor that your catastrophies are less worthy of being addressed. My post aimed at a request for basic sensitivity, pretty much like the whole 'extra respect, care in speech and chances' towards african americans @ USAA/USEA.

AFAIK, you can insult white people pretty much randomly using any racial slur you think of, but say the 'n' word and you'll get fired and sued.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#328  February 24, 2010, 12:10:50 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#329  February 24, 2010, 12:20:35 am
I'm not asking your opinions on affirmative action, then. ^_^'
#330  February 24, 2010, 12:41:22 am
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
#331  February 24, 2010, 12:53:23 am
  • I got a PM.
Affirmative action should be based on income not race. Which by default helps many of the same people that the current affirmative action does.

But Shaq's and Jayzee's kids shouldn't get a job over a white poor person with the same record and marks.

And you will find that my sensitivity with the "n" word has more to do with racism. I'm not a racist there for no need to use that word in that context. Out of that context, I'll say it to my heart's desire, there just aren't many places to use such a word without racism. Jokes are about the only context and talking about the use of the word itself.

So if I say something about another country out of a joking context, it is the same thing.

Just like when I sit down with a black friend of mine at a restaurant and the fucker orders fried chicken. I'm going to make a joke about it. The same way he would make a joke about it, if I ordered it.

"Hey you can't order that." Or "Are you sure that both of your parents are white"

Context. And If I say something about Mexicans and how poor they are in a joke context, then there shouldn't be any problem. Now if I say something like, "All Mexicans are not moral, or less moral than Americans and I mean it, then the context is not a joke. Is is an insult. That is what I saw happen in this thread and I responded accordingly.

I know Oz is not a racist and does not hate Mexicans and was not meaning to offend anyone. To go all, "all  
Estados Unidos es de el diablo, because Oz made a joke, is a behavior that will be called out. It is only human nature.
#332  February 24, 2010, 02:38:11 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Affirmative action should be based on income not race. Which by default helps many of the same people that the current affirmative action does.

But Shaq's and Jayzee's kids shouldn't get a job over a white poor person with the same record and marks.

sometime it's all about the name, Will Smith is a perfect example of an ideal name, but most of the time (no racism here) black people tend to choose for too fruityful names for their kids, that won't look/ sound good as company representatives, it might work as celebrities or sport person but not in more conventional jobs.
for example Denzel or Kobe or Shaquille, if there are a stack of CVs on the table those names would be filtered out first, just because of the name. imagine you got a businesscard from somebody named Kobe, and you have to meet him the next day (how you would spell his name then to mr Kobe's secretary is it Coob, Cowb, or Ko-Be, or Ko Bee company won't want to make their client puzzled like that)
#333  February 24, 2010, 04:02:05 am
Just like when I sit down with a black friend of mine at a restaurant and the fucker orders fried chicken. I'm going to make a joke about it. The same way he would make a joke about it, if I ordered it.
That's you, and I understand it.

But are you sure every single african american would take lightly being called the 'n' word from a caucasian dude? Even in joke context?

Personally, I prefer to err on the safe side, and pre-emptively be politically correct. Just in case. Some jewish guys might not like shoah jokes, so I don't make them around them. Even if they make jokes themselves... I wasn't there, I didn't suffer it, I don't have the right to laugh at it.

This is pretty much the same case. Personally, I'm one of those who prefers not to be mocked over his country's real tragedies, just like some people prefer to not be called the 'n' word. This doesn't mean I think you all are evil/immoral/whatever, just like those who don't like being called that term needn't think all white folks are devils.

Being extra-careful within reason, taking into account those who might be slightly more sensitive than ourselves, and taking care not to offend them (specially if it's rather easy to avoid it), goes a long way in having better and more positive interactions with people. :)

I perfectly understand Walt's reactions, and trust me, I feel I've been quite patiently explaining my position without exploding. MUCH more patiently than 95% of the people I know. This last remark is just to show you that some people might be more sensible to some topics than you are.

Maybe most of us latinos are already biased and sensitive. The issue here is, if we all want to get along, we have to be more patient, but you have to more careful, too.
#334  February 24, 2010, 04:28:54 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I don't like the word caucasian. Respect my wishes and stop using it now or else I'll be seriously offended.
Re: What do you hate of your nigger country?
#335  February 24, 2010, 04:47:07 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I find it retarded that a degree from Mexico is useless. Math is math, science is science. Some schools are better than others but that is crap.

It is if you get paid more money working as a taxi driver, even if you happen to be the best graduate of your generation in the whole country.
#336  February 24, 2010, 04:58:09 am
  • I got a PM.
Let me get this strait. I have to be more careful because you are a Latino? I also can't make jokes about people that come from countries that have not less stuff, but higher death rates?

You know, I'm not accepting that and I don't think most Americans would. The idea that I have to walk on egg shells around Latinos because they "think" I'll say it again "think" they have it more rough than all white Americans is ridiculous, not just that, it is divisive. We are trying not to be divided in this country. You need to brush up on your history of not just the blacks in this country. You need to look at all of the cultures and see how each of them had a rough time. And none of us in this country want someone to walk on eggshells. Walking on eggshells is just racism hidden. Thats the kind of thing that racist people do, they would never say anything racist about a black person, or an Italian or whatever, yet, they won't hire them.

Like Eddie Griffin Said about the Don Imus thing in this country. "We did it, we got the one white guy that was holding us back." The Media sure acted like they did, even though he apologized and had a history of helping people in the black community. I might also add that his new show has two black guys on, and if he needs someone to say Nappy headed he turns to them and they say it. A great satire of double standards.

You are talking about a social norm of interaction between people? In this country, only the racist are going to take a joke and turn it into, "all of this group of people is without morals." That isn't normal, that is racist. Just as racist as the white southern guy who hates all black people because a black guy stole his bike when he was 12. That isn't normal or rational.

Also, to say that I have to be careful around Latinos, which ones? Should I be careful around Porte Ricans or Mexicans in this country, because Mexico is a poor country? You are not making sense. You act as if we are all white people here or that the white people that came here all came from rich countries.

I can see this is going nowhere. So I will just give in to you and Walt's demands.

Sarcasm said:
From now on, I will go out of my way, to make sure that I only joke about white Americans. Because white Americans have never had any problems, I will never confront anyone who says we have no morals, because they are right. After all we abort babies, and cause wars.

I will never say anything about anyone who isn't white ever again. I'll just act as if they are not even there. I'll just keep ruling the world with an Iron fist and kill all the brown and black people who get in the way of world domination.

I will get rid of all of my fellow American friends who are not white. I mean, I wouldn't want to slip up and offend one of them, so the best thing to do, is get rid of them. Besides, People that are poor or not white have a right to make jokes about us, but we can't joke back, so why would I want to hang out with them.
Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:04:22 am by Shamrock, is 2nd The Best
#337  February 24, 2010, 05:12:01 am
Sham, what I said is that you should try, within reason, to be careful around people who suffer. Is that too much to ask? I mean, I don't joke about 9/11, etc. etc. because someone might get upset. And I'ld rather not do it. It's not walking on eggshells, it's having a basic modicum of sympathy towards the people you are talking to.

Again, I don't think all african americans would laugh if I randomly called them the 'n' word and joked about slavery. SOME might, but I prefer to err on the safe side in case I run into someone who is hurt by that. That doesn't change how I feel towards people; I personally don't give a shit about race/religion/abortions/specific topics, but I'll try to be careful around people who might be more sensitive towards those.

Is that so hard to understand? Or is it that fashionable to not give a rat's ass about how the people you talking with feels?

I also can't make jokes about people that come from countries that have not less stuff, but higher death rates?
Erm, yes. You can't. I wouldn't laugh at a Haitian whose family died, but yeah, that's me. ???
#338  February 24, 2010, 05:32:24 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Let me get this strait. I have to be more careful because you are a Latino? I also can't make jokes about people that come from countries that have not less stuff, but higher death rates?

You know, I'm not accepting that and I don't think most Americans would. The idea that I have to walk on egg shells around Latinos because they "think" I'll say it again "think" they have it more rough than all white Americans is ridiculous, not just that, it is divisive. We are trying not to be divided in this country. You need to brush up on your history of not just the blacks in this country. You need to look at all of the cultures and see how each of them had a rough time. And none of us in this country want someone to walk on eggshells. Walking on eggshells is just racism hidden. Thats the kind of thing that racist people do, they would never say anything racist about a black person, or an Italian or whatever, yet, they won't hire them.

Like Eddie Griffin Said about the Don Imus thing in this country. "We did it, we got the one white guy that was holding us back." The Media sure acted like they did, even though he apologized and had a history of helping people in the black community. I might also add that his new show has two black guys on, and if he needs someone to say Nappy headed he turns to them and they say it. A great satire of double standards.

You are talking about a social norm of interaction between people? In this country, only the racist are going to take a joke and turn it into, "all of this group of people is without morals." That isn't normal, that is racist. Just as racist as the white southern guy who hates all black people because a black guy stole his bike when he was 12. That isn't normal or rational.

Also, to say that I have to be careful around Latinos, which ones? Should I be careful around Porte Ricans or Mexicans in this country, because Mexico is a poor country? You are not making sense. You act as if we are all white people here or that the white people that came here all came from rich countries.

I can see this is going nowhere. So I will just give in to you and Walt's demands.

I guess you are talking to la sombra.

Anyway, most third world countries have it worse than the usa no matter how you try to paint it, that was the only thing I was arguing against, I personally perfer your country 3 to 4 times more than the shithole of a conutry I was born in and one of the things I regret the most is giving up a butcher-helper job in the usa to get a stupid and useless college degree in Mexico.

I just realized that the other nations of the world (save Iced >:() stayed out of this little debate.
I did.
First, what would it be if the US was not sending its wealth to all these other countries.
You're spreading your wealth like a savior to who ?
#339  February 24, 2010, 05:44:39 am
  • corner push pusher
white people. all white americans must fucking die.
#340  February 24, 2010, 05:52:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oh and what do I hate about my country, paraphrasinga known mexican, Mexico is a country of jodidos.