YesNoOk

Random Topic V10 (Read 1867775 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#341  July 26, 2016, 11:50:52 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
also, wikileaks is being handled by crazy mra types so their information is invalid, do you want to support mras ?

at this point you could tell me that she placed trump as her opponent and I would believe it because hes the only person that she could compete against and look like the saner choice,, he's that terrible.
#342  July 26, 2016, 12:05:03 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
ON THE OTHER HAND, voting for Trump is probably the best move now, because the US Congress probably won't allow half of his demands.
#343  July 26, 2016, 12:17:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Voting for an openly racist, xxenophobic piece of shit that is obviously doing it for profit and will ruin all international relations that the united states have is the best? Are you crazy .
The man is advocating putting people into camps and openly selling damaged weapons to other countries, thats a disaster waiting to happen.
People supporting him because they believe he will solve anything are wrong in the head.

You have an election between two turd sandwiches. But one of the turd sandwiches is only planning on getting fatter once in power and probably wont be a complete monster, the other one is talking about putting people in camps and how mexicans are rapists.

He would serve you all on a platter to Putin.
#344  July 26, 2016, 12:31:38 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Voting for an openly racist, xxenophobic piece of shit that is obviously doing it for profit and will ruin all international relations that the united states have is the best? Are you crazy .
The man is advocating putting people into camps and openly selling damaged weapons to other countries, thats a disaster waiting to happen.
I was mostly joking, but the implication is that the chances of congress looking at any of Trump's demands and saying "Yup, that's exactly what we should do" is pretty small.
#345  July 26, 2016, 01:44:04 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
We briefly interrupt this political discussion for facebook adventures.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

...Jacob nooo. Why does Fakku of all sites have a "share on facebook" button anyway?
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#346  July 26, 2016, 01:56:57 pm
Fakku is dead to me now.

Have fun with your imouto and friends, nothing like a little quality time.
#347  July 26, 2016, 03:50:10 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Fuk fakku
#348  July 26, 2016, 03:56:28 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Well this does actually seem like a minor improvement.
tags were purged the last I recall.

But yeah, I don't think they've fully recovered yet.
#349  July 26, 2016, 03:59:27 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
No, the uneducated will generally agree with you. It's the pseudo-educated, those enrolled in a useless liberal arts degree (i.e. not anything that can be used for teaching, actual art, or entertainment worth watching) in college with their rich parents' money that they have no intention of paying back or going off to live on their own (without begging), that will label you as such.
which majors are you talking about?

because pretty much any liberal art major falls under those "exceptions" you listed.
#350  July 26, 2016, 04:08:45 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#351  July 26, 2016, 05:28:01 pm
We briefly interrupt this political discussion for facebook adventures.

...Jacob nooo. Why does Fakku of all sites have a "share on facebook" button anyway?
it was an april fools joke
#352  July 26, 2016, 06:14:47 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Oh.

Whoops.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

OZ

#353  July 26, 2016, 09:33:43 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ

let us burn

i think we're all just hoping that if trump wins, everyone will have to actually admit that there's a problem and maybe re-access some things

hillary is the status quo incarnate, literally this generation's nixon
all of the cyber-security initiatives, all of the enhanced surveillance programs (both domestic and foreign), the corporate/political crusade for unconstitutional copyright laws enforced world-wide; these are the things she and her party have pushed hard

the neo-liberals offer just as much to their supporters as the neo-conservatives do; which is to say absolutely nothing
like their supposed polar rivals, they are a party entirely focused on corporate and private interests that sit behind a thin veneer of PR bullshit, using social issues in which the outcome has already been determined to milk publicity and preserve their image as fighters of 'social justice'
this is a party that is being advertised as the side of 'good', the opposition by default the side of 'evil'
a lot of powerful people want hillary to be the only choice

i do not fear a trump presidency
without proper support from even his own party, the implementation of any of his proposed radical policies is basically impossible

a hillary presidency on the other hand...
ಠ_ಠ
#354  July 26, 2016, 09:44:29 pm
About international relations, the worst Trump's done is constantly put his foot in his mouth about Islam and Mexico. It's pretty well known Hilary isn't in good terms with Putin, and I wouldn't rule out things boiling over between the U.S. and Russia if she's elected. Something that wouldn't be a problem with Donald in office.

If only enough people would go out and vote outside Democrat-Republican, but we know that isn't happening.
#355  July 26, 2016, 09:48:20 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I mean theres Trump who,while he has a right idea can be a bit of an asshole sometimes(Or just look completely clueless with his "I eat mexican food therefore I love mexicans" stuff) and then theres Hillary who keeps lying her ass off,and blames islamophobes on her twitter everytime a terrorist attack happens,also attacks and blocks everyone who mentions her "I hate gays" speeches she had back then.
Voting for Hillary would just basically turn USA into current state Germany tbh
#356  July 26, 2016, 09:52:07 pm
how did it get to two candidates that have "i'm not the other candidate!" as their main feature

OZ

#357  July 26, 2016, 10:01:44 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
trump could only win against hillary and vice versa, it's insane

I mean theres Trump who,while he has a right idea can be a bit of an asshole sometimes(Or just look completely clueless with his "I eat mexican food therefore I love mexicans" stuff)

oh, don't get trump wrong; he doesn't have the right idea, i don't think he has any idea really
trump is a wrestling persona, he saw a demo that he wanted to harvest and simply became the candidate that they needed him to be

what the angry, xenophobic, racist underbelly of the country says; donald j trump says

ಠ_ಠ
#358  July 26, 2016, 10:10:25 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

let us burn

i think we're all just hoping that if trump wins, everyone will have to actually admit that there's a problem and maybe re-access some things

That's what I'm hoping for

Trump is never going to be able to do even half of the stuff he promises without Congress, that's what the system is for

Meanwhile Americans hopefully get the crushing hangover we need to take a good longass look in the mirror about our political system

Hillary would just be business as usual
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#359  July 26, 2016, 10:13:59 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
a hillary presidency on the other hand...
... will almost certainly be more of the status quo?

This idea that Trump will be harmless because Congress won't approve of any of his plans is nuts. That's just not how the presidency works, they don't lose all power because they have some unrealistic plans. Like, the next president will select, bare minimum, one Supreme Court justice. But it'll probably be either two or three, since Ginsberg and Breyer are getting really old and increasingly frail. So we can expect more cases like Citizens United, or worse. Congress isn't gonna block SC nominees from a Trump presidency. In fact, it's probably best to think of things in reverse: Trump isn't going to veto Congress for their own horrifying proposals, like Obama has done and will continue to do for the remainder of his term. Congress will be able to repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, roll back environmental regulations, potentially pass a religious liberty bill that would make it legal to discriminate against LGBTQ people, and so on and so on. These are all fucking terrifying on their own, and they'd all be shoe-ins under a Trump presidency.

Trump's own unique proposals, like the wall or the Muslim ban, wouldn't get through Congress, but they'd never get that far to begin with. Maybe a more anodyne and defanged versions of those proposals would get through, but that's getting a bit too theoretical; those proposals are mostly useful in judging his views and character, and not as taking them as serious policy proposals.

The big area to worry about is (besides the terrifying rollback of civil liberties he'd help Congress with) foreign policy, where he'd have pretty much free range. Already, his talk of disseminating nuclear weapons to other countries, and his comments about NATO are causing wide panic. The NATO thing, his repeated insistence that America wouldn't honor its treaties with the Baltic NATO states is especially worrying, and is being denounced by experts on both sides of the aisle. It would completely destabilize the region because Russia could start invading those countries (it's a pretty safe bet that they would, given their recent actions in Crimea and the like). The world has been in relative peace for the 70 years NATO has existed, and NATO is one of the biggest reasons why. The consequences of dismantling NATO are almost unthinkable.

OZ

#360  July 26, 2016, 10:19:12 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
a political system that could fall to the ground in a burning heap because of the election of a single populist clown is not a system that deserves to be standing in the first place

regardless, whatever the outcome, it's been nice knowing you all
ಠ_ಠ