YesNoOk

The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE! (Read 655270 times)

Started by GOH, August 04, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE!
#961  April 12, 2020, 03:20:37 pm
But that doesn't impact how the player feels at all
i think it does. when you see the character you're playing as getting scared of something and taking it seriously, you're more likely to be scared of it.
It is funny that if you compare the Original Games with the Remakes, that they kind of a way switched the mechanics of MR. X and Nemesis, in the remakes.

To be Honest I realy disliked that Mr. X was constantly roaming around in the remake, and there where many other people who felt the same way, never tried to get the S-Rank in RE2 Remake after some failed attempts because he was in the way to many times, I don't have the time to try this stuff over and over again it just becomes frustrating at some point.
he's actually pretty easy to maneuver around. you can whiff his slow punches by running backwards then running past him, lure him into an open area then run past him or you can just lose him by making him follow you into circles. just watch out for his lunging punch.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞

DW

#962  April 12, 2020, 05:36:41 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I agree with Gennos here. That's actually something I don't like about RE in general when they make light of the danger they're in. By dismissing it as a simple "nuisance" and being frustrated with a giant death monster relentlessly trying to kill you. It feels more like the char is breaking the 4th wall in a sense, as a player would be more frustrated with the gameplay mechanic. If the in game char isn't worried about a threat, why would the player be? It's been awhile since I've seen/played the OG 3, but I'll watch an LP to refresh.

I don't remember Jill being all "gung-ho" about the dilemma like she is in REmake3. Jill always had an enduring quality about her. It wasn't like she wasn't scared of what was happening in the games she was in, she just had the will and perseverance to push thru it. While I'm not uptight about cussing and all, it honestly just feels out of place for her. Gives her more of a "bitchy" vibe. Overall, it's not the worst thing, and she mainly holds up. Though I feel they were trying too hard to make Jill "badass". Jill is already one of the most popular and well respected female protagonist in VGs. There's no need to try so hard.

RE6 did the "trivial nuisance" monster thing the worst though. I understand that the chars may have encountered similar situations prior, but that doesn't make the threats they face at the moment any less dangerous or frightening. You shouldn't have chars downplay the severity they are in. The fact that Nemesis can take all types of punishment, and still keep coming, should be enough to scare anyone shitless. Not just blow it off as if he's some annoying person following her around or something.

lui

#963  April 12, 2020, 09:02:39 pm
    • USA
I prefer Remake over the original 3, and I just replayed 3 before I played RE3make to get a fresh perspective. 3 was always the second weakest mainline game, first being 0, for me.

The thing is, with RE3, that game basically laid the groundwork for the rest of the action heavy RE games
but my issue with that, is that it was clearly doing it with no knowledge of how to refine it
tank controls + the faster pace worked well in concept but the OG RE3 didnt execute it as well as it should have
its one of the major reasons why RE4 switched to a third person angle when deciding to take a more action oriented route
While I do not agree with alot of the stuff they left out in RE3make,alot of its ideas were streamlined and well put together compared to the original. Alot of the new additions and better story make it a more worthwhile package for me personally. I do not care for the lack of stuff like the park and the graveyeard. The park section is extremely short in the original and the graveyard is laaaaaaame.

The story is alot better than the original IMO, especially in how they reworked Brad and Carlos. I actually feel like they're actual characters now.

Alot of its' issues ironically it shares with the original too.

I clocked in around maybe 10 hours of gameplay after replaying it on Inferno. Around the same time I spent in the original. The reason why Remake feels so short is due to the pace, its just constant non-stop action with little breathing room. I liked it but I can see why it may *feel* short, but it isn't.

Besides,theyre both not as good as RE2
both the remake and the original
#964  April 12, 2020, 09:36:59 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
he's actually pretty easy to maneuver around. you can whiff his slow punches by running backwards then running past him, lure him into an open area then run past him or you can just lose him by making him follow you into circles. just watch out for his lunging punch.
He's by far the easiest enemy in the game to get a perfect dodge off (at least, that was the case for me), and I always had a few grenades on hand to throw at him and knock him out for a while, so I never found him a chore to deal with. But I also did at times try to not immediately KO him and see how his actual chasing worked. And it just didn't live up to Mr. X at all, because Nemesis is just a bit too fast, and even if he gets stuck behind something, he can more or less teleport to where you are by jumping or dropping in from the top of a building. The game just really feels like it wants you to go straight to the next objective, and while it's very possible to get around that, it's still not particularly fun.

I agree with Gennos here. That's actually something I don't like about RE in general when they make light of the danger they're in. By dismissing it as a simple "nuisance" and being frustrated with a giant death monster relentlessly trying to kill you. It feels more like the char is breaking the 4th wall in a sense, as a player would be more frustrated with the gameplay mechanic. If the in game char isn't worried about a threat, why would the player be? It's been awhile since I've seen/played the OG 3, but I'll watch an LP to refresh.
Jill very much does not consider Nemesis a mere nuisance in this game: she always tries to run away from it if she can, and never tries to confront it directly unless there's no other option. But she's also a Resident Evil protagonist, which means she's not particularly scared of it, and is more than capable of fighting it without going into a panic. She's certainly heartbroken when it kills people, but that doesn't make her hopeless or scared of it, it makes her angry and frustrated that she couldn't do more.
#965  April 12, 2020, 09:54:01 pm
#966  April 13, 2020, 12:47:16 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The dude who's been leaking all the other Resident Evil stuff lately (they leaked RE3make and described a lot of things that turned out to be true, like how the tram got replaced by the subway) hasn't said a word about an RE4make. That doesn't mean this rumor is bunk, but I'd be cautious about it right now. The source looks pretty iffy too...

I honestly hope they don't remake 4, not only does it not need one, but the franchise shouldn't be so backwards looking. Three remakes in such a short timeframe is not super exciting. Make new shit!!!

or at the very least remake Code: Veronica, so people stop making dumb complaints about it. it's way better than RE3 >:[
#967  April 13, 2020, 07:55:52 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Does RE4 need a remake? The game has aged gracefully enough that they still keep churning out HD re-releases of the original. Content-wise it's still miles ahead of REmakes 2 and 3 (some would argue it's still a much better game).

I'd definitely go with CV first. That game hasn't aged well at all. If I were to remake RE4, I'd definitely go with the Shadow of The Colossus PS4 route.
#968  April 13, 2020, 10:25:32 pm
RE3 was an inferior game, they had the best opportunity to expand it and make it a worthy remake with two runs and a mercenaries mode but they fumbled it. But thats okay because its an old, bite sized game, so not alot of people would care.
I'm not so sure about RE4 tho, that game is universally known.

On a side note, has any of you guys had the chance to to play RE Resistance? I hear it's pretty mediocre and not worth it.
#969  April 13, 2020, 11:21:39 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#970  April 14, 2020, 01:48:58 pm
    • Germany
On a side note, has any of you guys had the chance to to play RE Resistance? I hear it's pretty mediocre and not worth it.

It is not worth the time, it is extremely imbalanced in favor of the Mastermind, there are some maps where you have 0% chance as a survivor to win if your opponent uses a specific mastermind. This game was a waste of money and resources that they should have used to add more content to the Re3 Remake.

It also has some Random Lootboxes you can open with points, but the amount of points you need to get the things you realy want or get "everything" is ridiculous, but to "help" you with that they sell "Booster Packs" that give you more points from playing, but the problem with this boosters is, that they are not count for a match but have a timer, and they can run out while you wait for an eternity in the Lobby and you can end up with not even been able to use the "Bonus" you buyed with your Money because you don't find a match.
Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:56:41 pm by Lichtbringer
#971  April 14, 2020, 06:44:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It is not worth the time, it is extremely imbalanced in favor of the Mastermind, there are some maps where you have 0% chance as a survivor to win if your opponent uses a specific mastermind. This game was a waste of money and resources that they should have used to add more content to the Re3 Remake.
Funny how I heard the contrary. Survivors become incredibly OP once you get their second slot loadouts. It's just that Survivors actually have to work and coordinate together.....and that they made the incredibly dumb decision to make the connection P2P while MM is always the host.

And if Resistance weren't made, you would still have gotten your shitty short campaign for RE3R and that money would have gone to the MH team or the SF team.
#972  April 14, 2020, 11:18:51 pm
    • Germany
And if Resistance weren't made, you would still have gotten your shitty short campaign for RE3R and that money would have gone to the MH team or the SF team.

Maybe true maybe not, we will never know.. and I said they "should have" done that and not that they "would have" done that, because I don't know what they would have done instead, but I guess more Money for the MH team for example would not even be the worst outcome in this situation since MH seems to be a realy good game as far as I know, Resistance on the other hand....
#973  April 15, 2020, 12:22:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
Thank you for your insight on how VG developing works.

I'm sorry Resistance isn't another rehash of Mercenaries mode.
Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:28:41 am by Darkflare
#974  April 17, 2020, 06:27:49 am
    • Germany
Thank you for your insight on how VG developing works.

I'm sorry Resistance isn't another rehash of Mercenaries mode.

Hey Mercenaries is maybe not your your cup of tea, but even you should be able to see that Resistance just an lazy attempt to sell "Booster Packs."

lui

#975  April 17, 2020, 08:21:30 am
    • USA
Funny how I heard the contrary. Survivors become incredibly OP once you get their second slot loadouts. It's just that Survivors actually have to work and coordinate together.....and that they made the incredibly dumb decision to make the connection P2P while MM is always the host.

this is accurate

the balance is moreso skewed towards survivors heavily once everyone gets their shit together

theres a few things the mastermind can whip out to hinder them effectively, like say, spencers.

Honestly it's pretty fun once everything clicks, for anyone who says spamming dogs is hard to deal with, they really arent, they die in like 1 or 2 hits
#976  April 17, 2020, 05:46:32 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Hey Mercenaries is maybe not your your cup of tea, but even you should be able to see that Resistance just an lazy attempt to sell "Booster Packs."
What isn't a lazy attempt to sell DLC these days? I see that statement thrown around so much and it usually means "I didn't like this, it doesn't deserve DLC."

Resistance was an experiment to bring something different to RE, but people aren't giving it a chance because it's PvP, not because it's actually bad. I'm actually considering getting RE3R just for Resistance....after a considerable price drop...just cause playing Mastermind during the beta was pretty fun.
#977  April 19, 2020, 12:29:59 pm
    • Germany
What isn't a lazy attempt to sell DLC these days? I see that statement thrown around so much and it usually means "I didn't like this, it doesn't deserve DLC."

Resistance was an experiment to bring something different to RE, but people aren't giving it a chance because it's PvP, not because it's actually bad. I'm actually considering getting RE3R just for Resistance....after a considerable price drop...just cause playing Mastermind during the beta was pretty fun.

I make a difference between just "DLC" and this "Lootbox" bullshit, also saying that something bad it ok because "the others also do it" was never a good point, and will never be a good point.

If Resistance was an experiment, than it is a failed experiment and even capcom seems to also see at that way, at least to a degree.

Resistance was clearly ment to be it's own thing at the start of it's development but at some point they realized that it could not stand on it's own and bundled it with RE3 Remake and everyone sees that.

And can you even blame most of the RE3 Remake players to not want this extra game?

Many players are disappointed with the remake, for different reasons for some it is just to short and others miss specific content from the original and other reasons, but even then most people would say that, even if it is not a good REMAKE, consider it to be a good or at least decent game that can be bought at a later point when the price has gone down.

But Resistance will proprably always be seen as the "red-headed stepchild" nobody wants, because we got that instead of the things we think RE3 Remake is missing, maybe people will be willing to warm up to it at a later point if RE3 Remake gets some decent DLC... but I guess Resistance will be long dead before that happens.
#978  June 12, 2020, 02:37:00 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Looks like a mix of RE4 and Outlast 2 for me.
#979  June 12, 2020, 02:38:56 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Why does this character look like Negan from the Walking Dead in the thumbnail?

Don't think...obey
#980  June 21, 2020, 08:20:22 am
    • Germany
Capcom launched another survey for resident evil.net users.

They want to now what people think about the current games, what they liked or disliked and stuff like that.

http://mpse.jp/capcom/c.p?32cI8nw10SKD