YesNoOk

Star Wars Thread: The Rise of running out of witty titles (Read 471344 times)

Started by Roman55, October 30, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#121  September 15, 2013, 01:01:02 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
origin stories? wait...does that mean we will eventually see that fucking horrible Jar Jar Binks?? O_O please no
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#122  February 27, 2014, 11:19:33 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#123  March 14, 2014, 09:43:49 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

Great design choice Disney this sure is what we were hoping.

S7AR WARS
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#124  March 14, 2014, 09:45:35 pm
that's probably a working title and the real name will be Star Wars: The Ocarina Of Time or whatever
#125  March 14, 2014, 09:48:39 pm
Yeah, this simply looks like a teaser to show that this is happening for realz.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#126  April 08, 2014, 04:20:21 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#127  April 08, 2014, 04:25:10 am
    • USA
But but but Chewie died in the Expanded Universe or something, won't somebody please think of the canon!

Bea

#128  April 08, 2014, 11:55:47 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
But but but Chewie died in the Expanded Universe or something, won't somebody please think of the canon!

They dropped a moon on him. I am not sure that is enough to kill Chewie.
He might have been hiding for a while, recovering for his flesh wounds and planning revenge!

Also, Peter Mayhew is one of the coolest guys around and I have met him at GenCon 2008.
I am really happy to see him back.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:06:38 pm by Bea
The Star Wars EU is DEAD
#129  April 25, 2014, 09:58:28 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
For over 35 years, the Expanded Universe has enriched the Star Wars experience for fans seeking to continue the adventure beyond what is seen on the screen. When he created Star Wars, George Lucas built a universe that sparked the imagination, and inspired others to create. He opened up that universe to be a creative space for other people to tell their own tales. This became the Expanded Universe, or EU, of comics, novels, videogames, and more.

While Lucasfilm always strived to keep the stories created for the EU consistent with our film and television content as well as internally consistent, Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

Now, with an exciting future filled with new cinematic installments of Star Wars, all aspects of Star Wars storytelling moving forward will be connected. Under Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy's direction, the company for the first time ever has formed a story group to oversee and coordinate all Star Wars creative development.

"We have an unprecedented slate of new Star Wars entertainment on the horizon," said Kennedy. "We're set to bring Star Wars back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before."

In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s.

Demand for past tales of the Expanded Universe will keep them in print, presented under the new Legends banner.

On the screen, the first new canon to appear will be Star Wars Rebels. In print, the first new books to come from this creative collaboration include novels from Del Rey Books. First to be announced, John Jackson Miller is writing a novel that precedes the events of Star Wars Rebels and offers insight into a key character's backstory, with input directly from executive producers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman.

And this is just the beginning of a creatively aligned program of Star Wars storytelling created by the collaboration of incredibly talented people united by their love of that galaxy far, far away....

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

So essentially everything post Return of the Jedi is officially not canon anymore, however the material is there for people producing Star Wars products set in future time frames to draw from.

The books set in the EU that are not canon will still be available for future print runs with the Legend's Banner.

#130  April 25, 2014, 10:28:26 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Uh, which Clone Wars?  Whenever they add "The" to it, they usually mean the 2008 movie or the following t.v. show, which to my understanding, are both highly non-canon.  With Anakin's padawan and Force Gods and all.  But the 2003 one was canon, minus Grevious' voice (And apparently being a badass), leading straight into Episode III.

The 2003 one I get, just the wrong name was used, but now I'm confused if the show or the 2008 movie are canon.
#131  April 25, 2014, 10:33:03 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Probably referring to the show. The movie was just a poorly hidden pilot for it anyway.
#132  April 25, 2014, 10:54:18 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So, what, only select parts of the show are canon?  In that case, can we keep the zombie Geonosians and Darth Maul being alive?
#133  April 29, 2014, 02:36:47 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
http://tosche-station.net/disney-prohibits-eu-characters-star-wars-weekend-motorcade/

According to a post on the Disboards, Disney is getting more strict this year when it comes to fan costumes, and is outright prohibiting certain Expanded Universe characters, including Mara Jade, from participating in the motorcade.

well this isn't gonna help some already negative opinions on the EU decisions and Disney in general....If this is true that is.
Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:41:27 am by Roman55
#134  April 29, 2014, 04:40:56 am
    • USA
That's just ridiculous.

The whole EU thing though... I mean, I understand how it feels to see a whole bunch of stuff that you grew up with summarily exiled from continuity (thanks New 52!), but the whole canon stuff in Star Wars was crazy and untenable:

Star Wars canon levels said:
G-canon is George Lucas Canon; the six Episodes and any statements by George Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon. When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely. The deleted scenes included on the DVDs are also considered G-canon (when they're not in conflict with the movie).[1]

T-canon,[2] or Television Canon[3], refers to the canon level comprising the feature film Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the two television shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series.[4][5] It was devised recently in order to define a status above the C-Level canon, as confirmed by Chee[6].

C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be;[7] they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.

S-canon is Secondary Canon; the materials are available to be used or ignored as needed by current authors. This includes mostly older works, such as much of the Marvel Star Wars comics, that predate a consistent effort to maintain continuity; it also contains certain elements of a few otherwise N-canon stories, and other things that "may not fit just right." Many formerly S-canon elements have been elevated to C-canon through their inclusion in more recent works by continuity-minded authors, while many other older works (such as The Han Solo Adventures) were accounted for in continuity from the start despite their age, and thus were always C-canon.

N is Non-Canon. What-if stories (such as stories published under the Infinities label) and anything else directly and irreconcilably contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N is the only level that is not considered canon by Lucasfilm. Information cut from canon, deleted scenes, or from canceled Star Wars works falls into this category as well, unless another canonical work references it and it is declared canon.

D is Detours Canon, used for material hailing from Star Wars Detours.[8]
this just makes my head hurt. This shouldn't be this complicated! But it still must really suck to all the EU fans. :-\
#135  April 29, 2014, 11:21:58 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#136  April 29, 2014, 11:55:15 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
So, the original cast is coming back together again.

Why do I get the feeling that they will be only there for a few minutes at most?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#137  April 30, 2014, 12:03:55 am
    • USA
That seems like a pretty stupid feeling. Even if they kill off Han Solo or something because Harrison Ford doesn't want to do any more stuff, they'll have to have him in it long enough to pass on the torch.

Cast announced.
Aww man I was about to post that. So instead here is some crazy Star Wars backstory, courtesy of an article that was discussing Oscar Issac being cast, about that band that was playing in Jabba's palace:
Hey, on a related note, did you know that Max Rebo’s band was originally called Evar Orbus And His Galactic Jizz-Wailers? Or that all of these groups played “jizz” music? Yes, there were so many colorful characters in that era, spreading their jizz across every dive bar in the galaxy.
JIZZ MUSIC
Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:07:51 am by Jmorphman
#138  April 30, 2014, 09:53:08 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:56:12 pm by Roman55
#139  April 30, 2014, 10:16:21 pm
    • USA
That was rumored for a while, Lupita Nyong'o was in the the running and apparently still is, and I dunno about you guys but that sonds fantastic. I mean she did just win an Oscar!
#140  May 19, 2014, 10:27:16 pm
    • USA
There's a leaked list of Star Wars toylines, revealing 6 upcoming SW projects, and it seems to be legit. There's of course 3 for Episodes VII-XI, and 3 for spin-off projects that may or may not end up being films; there's the previously rumored Boba Fett prequel (finally, we can learn more, on screen at least, about the great bounty hunter who shot a rope at a Jedi Knight and was killed by a blind man with a stick), there's apparently going to be a Han Solo prequel, and there's something called Red Five, which may be about Luke as an X-Wing pilot in between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back or something?