Share this topic:
Beijing by Vegaz
#1  August 20, 2013, 02:30:58 pm
  • I must continue my training...
[PREVIEW]

[DOWNLOAD]

http://www.mediafire.com/?g95dczsvb5qhq7s

[COMMENT]

SFA 2 Chun-Li stage. Super jump and a looped bgm.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Re: Beijing by Vegaz
#2  August 20, 2013, 05:11:06 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Ya know no one is perfect vegaz and with saying that this stage is not....
no bikes no nothing its plain as ms. jane, and I know this is no way to be like the source but cmon we all know you can do better but ah maybe it's because I never liked this stage I don't know. One of these times you should put a small ufo in the sky lol
#3  August 20, 2013, 06:26:01 pm
Ya know no one is perfect vegaz and with saying that this stage is not....
no bikes no nothing its plain as ms. jane, and I know this is no way to be like the source but cmon we all know you can do better but ah maybe it's because I never liked this stage I don't know. One of these times you should put a small ufo in the sky lol

Man...I'm really sorry, bro. But until I can figure this out, this is as much as I can do with this stage. Well...I could go original. Actually, I just got an idea. I may be able to save this stage yet...

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#4  August 20, 2013, 06:30:59 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
When you jump, the bikes would disappear. I have yet to figure out how to prevent that. I've asked for help before, but it didn't work for me.
How so ? May I see the code or what you did and didn't work ?
#5  August 20, 2013, 06:45:29 pm
When you jump, the bikes would disappear. I have yet to figure out how to prevent that. I've asked for help before, but it didn't work for me.
How so ? May I see the code or what you did and didn't work ?

I'm on my smartphone right now. I'd have to get it to you later. But its not my first time ringing into this problem. In fact, I first saw it before I even became a creator. But...I know it is directly related to animations that tile or have velocity. I first noticed it when modifying POTS Sodom Ring stage for super jump. When I jumped, the crowd would disappear momentarily until the camera was closer to normal level. I read your tutorial from top to bottom...literally. But I could quit find a solution. Although I seem to recall you mentioning something similar. Try adjusting the bound high on the Sodom Ring stage and you should see what I mean.

[/quote said:
#6  August 20, 2013, 06:57:13 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It probably has to do with the Mugen bug making tile stuff disappear on the right of the stage.
To fix this, you have to open the SFF and realign the bike sprites to the right (or the left, can't remember) by as many pixels as needed.
If you look at my CastleVanilla stage, you'll notice the bats sprites aren't centered X-wise. This is the reason.
#7  August 20, 2013, 07:00:57 pm
It probably has to do with the Mugen bug making tile stuff disappear on the right of the stage.
To fix this, you have to open the SFF and realign the bike sprites to the right (or the left, can't remember) by as many pixels as needed.
If you look at my CastleVanilla stage, you'll notice the bats sprites aren't centered X-wise. This is the reason.

Margatroid suggested the same thing months ago, but I didn't work. Unless I did it wrong. But he pretty much said the same thing you said. I'll study your stage. I need to update my Goku and Vegeta anyway. Lol!

[/quote said:
#8  August 20, 2013, 10:14:08 pm
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
Instead of using tiling for animations (which isn't coded well), code the bikes the hard way, separately. If a cyclist going right is tiled (for example)  three times, code four cyclists (one extra), set the same velocity and distances for them, and have the BGCtrlDef loop exactly when the second cyclist reaches the first cyclist's starting point.

Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:20:15 pm by Agnibyte
#9  August 21, 2013, 01:19:05 am
Instead of using tiling for animations (which isn't coded well), code the bikes the hard way, separately. If a cyclist going right is tiled (for example)  three times, code four cyclists (one extra), set the same velocity and distances for them, and have the BGCtrlDef loop exactly when the second cyclist reaches the first cyclist's starting point.

A most impressive suggestion. But I tried bgctrl as well. I'm still optimistic about your approach, however. You also made a good point about the Tai chi stage. Maybe I'll do her alpha 1 stage. Meh...

[/quote said:
#10  August 21, 2013, 04:28:32 am
Nice work!!I like SFA2 stage.
Thank you for sharing!!

By the way,why bicycles none?
#11  August 21, 2013, 05:21:55 am
Nice work!!I like SFA2 stage.
Thank you for sharing!!

By the way,why bicycles none?

Thanks bro. There's no bikes cuz I was having some issues coding them to work with the super jump. Sorry, bro.

[/quote said: