#1  October 10, 2014, 03:30:59 am
Thanks to Dampir for the sprites

Download: CVS Takuma

I'm going to make CVS Mr. Karate separated to avoid problems
Re: CVS Takuma
#2  October 10, 2014, 04:05:44 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I just tried it out, and I totally love it. My CvS mugen had an empty slot for the SNK side, and this filled the roster quite nicely. I can't wait to see what you have for Mr. Karate~

Just curious, when choosing him by holding Start, are there any differences intended other than his stance animation?

Shit
#3  October 10, 2014, 04:12:48 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Oh damn, this looks awesome! I'm so trying this out.
#4  October 10, 2014, 05:23:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I can juggle infinitely with any basic, so this has the same issues as Warusaki's stuff, including throw boxes that really shouldn't be trusted at all:

Throws do not work that way, in any game, ever. They all have boxes that make sense to give it proper range.

s.HP has no range. The choice of basic here is just not right; he needs a better one, and I'm sure someone around here who can edit sprites would be happy to help.

Light kick sounds are being used on Shouran-Kyaku. Heavy sound effects should be used instead.

The CLSNs are awful. All of them. He has priority on EVERYTHING.

Every single one of his moves are like this.

Throw binds on the P throw are bad. Always test throws on OrochiKOF97's or Scal's Clark before you do it on anyone else.

This feels very rough. It really needs a lot more work and polish.
#5  October 10, 2014, 05:43:18 am
  • Raging Fist
he has a point, but overall I say he plays really well.
I hope that sometime in the future you might make the DR Chars have a cvs2 patch.
Keep up the good work in keeping the CVS2 spirit alive bud :3
#6  October 10, 2014, 05:53:25 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Errors (that were pointed out above) aside, this looks awesome and you did quite a fine job converting Takuma to CvS style. The video you showcase makes it seem that you're playing the actual title showing off a hidden character's movelist. This is a great effort and thanks for sharing it. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#7  October 10, 2014, 06:28:26 am
    • Aruba
    • ai.empire.zone@gmail.com
I haven't tested yet.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
. While warusaki3's juggle is a hassle to deal with, the throwbox isn't much of an issue. One can just set something like this
Code:
[State 900, 1]
type = HitDef
triggerall = Anim = 900
triggerall = P2MoveType != H && P2StateType != A
triggerall = P2StateNo != [150,155]
triggerall = P2bodydist X = [-8,25]
triggerall = P2Dist X > -1
triggerall = enemy, pos y > -1
trigger1 = animelem = 2

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/Yesujira/Stupid%20shit/mugen664_zps35fbc052.png
Absolutely.
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:15:41 am by AI-Empire
#8  October 10, 2014, 07:51:40 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
That's not safe coding practice and there's proof to it.

There is absolutely NO reason to make throw boxes that way.
#9  October 10, 2014, 08:11:23 am
    • Aruba
That's why I included:

triggerall = P2bodydist X = [-8,25]
triggerall = P2Dist X > -1
triggerall = enemy, pos y > -1

That has never failed me before and I'm certain that Vans' vid is only about the base code highlighting a flaw in the character, not a flaw in the fix.
Isn't there another one where Zangief catches Geese "behind him"?
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:15:54 am by AI-Empire
#10  October 10, 2014, 02:54:50 pm

Every single one of his moves are like this.
Should he use Takuma's Kof Clsn Viewer for this? since it is cvs conversion instead of kof

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#11  October 10, 2014, 03:24:05 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Nice! Hes Finished? Checking it out now!!!!
#12  October 10, 2014, 04:30:53 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i am with jz. the clsns and priority issues and the infinite juggles are a huge issue. needs a lot of polish.
#13  October 10, 2014, 08:54:37 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Should he use Takuma's Kof Clsn Viewer for this? since it is cvs conversion instead of kof

For specials and command basics, yes, and then he should make adjustments accordingly for Capcom standards, which he also needs to learn.

DW

#14  October 10, 2014, 11:20:46 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Isn't there another one where Zangief catches Geese "behind him"?

I haven't seen any vids of this, but I know first hand that all his chars(Waru), and any chars that follow suit of this clsn map for their throws, can indeed throw you w/o even facing you. Yoko and Zangief are especially good for this. I honestly think it better and easier to just map the clsn better, rather than adding that code restriction. Along with adding an Attackdist sctrl to the throws. JZ is right about that not being a safe coding practice.

I remember saying all this stuff to DGO months ago about his Robert. I tell them to use your chars as base JZ, but they don't listen. :(
#15  October 10, 2014, 11:50:59 pm
    • Russia
    • 3oac@mail.ru
Thanks GigaHertz
#16  October 11, 2014, 12:23:19 am
    • Aruba
I haven't seen any vids of this, but I know first hand that all his chars(Waru), and any chars that follow suit of this clsn map for their throws, can indeed throw you w/o even facing you. Yoko and Zangief are especially good for this. I honestly think it better and easier to just map the clsn better, rather than adding that code restriction. Along with adding an Attackdist sctrl to the throws. JZ is right about that not being a safe coding practice.
It's safer, there's no doubt, but from what I've found those stipulations work 100% of the time.
Anyway, there were a lot things warusaki3 did that I still don't understand i.e. disabling movehit/movecontact/etc. in favor of a var. Everything var(36) and var(16) do seems to perfectly achievable with a simple ifelse trigger.
And the video with Zangief was entitled "I know Zangief has some Range" or something like that, highlighting one of the many things warusaki3 overcomplicated and didn't fix for some odd reason.
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:28:42 am by AI-Empire
#17  October 11, 2014, 12:34:57 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
The reason he's using MoveHitReset is so that things like the Groove Point and hit count (for the dampener) are incremented only once, and at the exact moment of hit. Using MoveContact = 1 is true for several ticks, and the system Phantom uses for his hitsparks that could theoretically go in place of this is calculated a tick later.

And yes, Warusaki's system has a lot of problems. His throws USED to not be that way and had boxes that made sense, but he eventually changed them to what you see now. I believe he did it so he could streamline throws without having to make new hitboxes in each new character he made. It's stupid because it's been proven time and time again that it doesn't work.
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:41:04 am by Jesuszilla
#18  October 11, 2014, 12:55:28 am
    • Aruba
The reason he's using MoveHitReset is so that things like the Groove Point and hit count (for the dampener) are incremented only once, and at the exact moment of hit. Using MoveContact = 1 is true for several ticks, and the system Phantom uses for his hitsparks that could theoretically go in place of this is calculated a tick later.
Although that isn't necessarily precise because using the time trigger could fix this, I can think of instances regarding the hitdef and CLSNs where disabling activity or instituting a count can't be achieved properly due to limitations in Mugen.

And yes, Warusaki's system has a lot of problems. His throws USED to not be that way and had boxes that made sense, but he eventually changed them to what you see now. I believe he did it so he could streamline throws without having to make new hitboxes in each new character he made. It's stupid because it's been proven time and time again that it doesn't work.
While I'm not sure that's the reason (lazily done throw hitboxes are easy), the fact that warusaki3's throws can do the things documented point to lack of thought on his part. He probably encountered problems with his old box method (coupled with his error ridden coding style) and found an easy, underthought fix in extending the CLSNs while bafflingly not thinking to limit their distance. We agree, and yes, the old method is safer.
#19  October 11, 2014, 01:14:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Except there were no problems with the way his throw boxes were before.