YesNoOk

Dude Mugen: a new MUGEN IDE (Read 51584 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 04, 2017, 02:50:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dude Mugen: a new MUGEN IDE
#61  February 20, 2017, 01:49:49 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
A full-fledged image editor like Photoshop would be very complex. I'd love to do it but I just don't have enough knowledge to do so. But again, it'll be open source, so anyone who can help, please feel free.

That's another interesting point you bring up is palette makers. I'd like to ask them too what features they want the most. After all, most of them just use what FF gives them and I just do everything in Photoshop.

What tools would be really handy for y'all?

Better late than never:

You know that remap pen Fighter Factory 3 has? I use it to preform all my works related to the color separation, it can remap up to 5 different colors. Would it be possible to crank the amount up to 10 different slots? It would save a good portion of my time as I would then be able to finish a separation on the first run!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Definitely doable!
#62  February 20, 2017, 02:41:29 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
A full-fledged image editor like Photoshop would be very complex. I'd love to do it but I just don't have enough knowledge to do so. But again, it'll be open source, so anyone who can help, please feel free.

Oh well, it was worth asking about. Thanks for the answer.
This is a generic forum signature.
#63  February 28, 2017, 09:32:00 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The ability to save CLSN shortcuts! Up to 3!!!

Say I want to save this so I can click a button to apply it
Clsn2: 3
  Clsn2[0] = 3, -69, 18, -55
  Clsn2[1] = -12, -58, 20, -30
  Clsn2[2] = -23, -35, 23, 1

That'd be sweet!
#64  March 20, 2017, 11:18:08 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Is it possible to make characters from scratch using this? I think that'd be nice for people who don't want to use templates like Kung Fu Man.
#65  March 20, 2017, 11:51:09 pm
What's the problem with using KFM?
Using it as a base is creating characters from scratch (unless you're just adding stuff to KFM and keeping the character KFM-related).
#66  March 20, 2017, 11:58:48 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Is it possible to make characters from scratch using this? I think that'd be nice for people who don't want to use templates like Kung Fu Man.

You can use any character you want as a base, just swap the sprites and edit all the code
So it matches your new character. Add in the the specials and whatever else you need.
#67  March 21, 2017, 12:35:36 am
    • USA
Using it as a base is creating characters from scratch (unless you're just adding stuff to KFM and keeping the character KFM-related).

You can use any character you want as a base, just swap the sprites and edit all the code
So it matches your new character. Add in the the specials and whatever else you need.

Well see the thing is that I'm (trying) introducing a friend of mine to MUGEN, and to him he said that if he uses a template his mentor/brother would be disappointed. I personally don't have a problem with templates, in fact, it'll give the basic feel of coding, but he has his own view in making a game.

It does sound stupid, I agree. But he is human, so who am I to judge?
Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:25:39 am by RedDragonCats17
#68  March 21, 2017, 04:40:34 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Please don't double post. If he wishes to make a character from scratch he can use this or just an empty notepad. I don't recommend trying to learn with no bases though.
#69  March 21, 2017, 05:25:03 am
    • USA
To be perfectly honest, I have no clue on what's up with me double/triple/quadruple posting in here, even though I've been here for a year (I suppose), apparently I'm not used to being a forum member.

Maybe I've been using Facebook too much.
#70  March 22, 2017, 05:39:27 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Everything. Even PotS Ryu, with its problems, is a better base than KFM. Jmorphman's Ken is a better base, but still, even PotS's old Ryu is better than KFM.

The ability to save CLSN shortcuts! Up to 3!!!

Say I want to save this so I can click a button to apply it
Clsn2: 3
  Clsn2[0] = 3, -69, 18, -55
  Clsn2[1] = -12, -58, 20, -30
  Clsn2[2] = -23, -35, 23, 1

That'd be sweet!
Hmmm.... that would be handy. Especially since I have to go back and copypaste base CLSNs a lot.
#71  March 22, 2017, 05:44:20 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I frequently use the KOF CLSN3 as my default box when I have a nothitby active, so that would definitely be handy.
#72  March 22, 2017, 05:56:17 am
    • USA
#73  March 22, 2017, 05:57:46 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I'd probably study Kamekaze's characters.
#74  March 22, 2017, 06:00:55 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#75  July 18, 2017, 05:23:58 am
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Apologies in advance for the bump, but I just started using the FF3 remap tool myself and wanted to suggest a couple of things to expand on this idea (if this is still being worked on).

As well as expanding the remap slots to 10, it would be handy if we could save color slots as such:
>>
This way we could "save" the slots for the head, arms, legs, etc. and do them all in one pass.

On top of this, an "auto remap" button would be awesome.  The idea would be that you would use the selection tool to select which part you want to remap, then click the button to swap whatever colors are currently chosen.  I don't know if this is entirely possible, but it would make CS'ing characters a breeze.