YesNoOk

Ask Barker (Read 1413356 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ask POTS
#3681  December 21, 2014, 06:58:50 pm
  • Raging Fist
Alot of them well made ones. Hell even Tatsu made a comeback with his stages!
#3682  December 21, 2014, 07:01:31 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
I KNEW SOMETHING WAS SPECIAL ABOUT THIS YEAR!!!!

Vyn returned and now my favorite creator POTs has returned also. Ah man that's just awesome. IDK if you've seen the "collab wishes" thread POTs, but me and many others would love to see you (Michael Jordan) collab with Jmrophman (Kobe Bryant). Seeing as how you guys are #1 and #2 respectively, I hope it happens.
#3683  December 21, 2014, 07:03:56 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I don't really think PotS is actually coming back, he's probably around just because of this thread and his nomination
#3684  December 21, 2014, 07:06:17 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
#3685  December 21, 2014, 07:06:33 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
To be asked questions.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3686  December 21, 2014, 07:08:02 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

He's explicitly said as much in this topic, so let's nip this in the bud before it turns into character requests.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3687  December 21, 2014, 07:09:45 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
He's explicitly said as much in this topic, so let's nip this in the bud before it turns into character requests.

My apologies, I didn't read back that far. Well, it's nice he's back even for questions. I told ya'll Sasquatch really exists B)
#3688  December 21, 2014, 08:10:55 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen

Did you ever realize that the system you invented favors more specials and supers rather than normals and poking footsies?
I think Mugen's too broken by nature to take that into much consideration. When you balance a character around SF and such you end up handicapping it against everything else. It's pretty tricky.

Very good answer. Glad you made that comment^^

Whiskey.

:gonk: wooo wee! That's heavy duty there bro. I dig on scotch at the end of the week if I had that much of a shitty week at work. thats not very often though.

My final questions:

-Have you tried out the EF-12 3D fighter creator engine? Did you like it? Did you create anything for it out of curiosity yet?
-Are you a Hakutonoken (Fist of the northstar) fan also?
-Have you ever thought of working for Capcom if you had the opportunity?
-What old fighting game would you love to see have a sequel for this generation?
&

-Big Booty Chicks Or Big Boob chicks?

Well on that note pots I appreciate your talent in the community and i appreciate you always staying humble as a person (and artist) in this kind of community. You have inspired a lot of people. Cheers to you and your family and much success to you in whatever you do in life man
#3689  December 21, 2014, 08:15:57 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Do You watch Dragon ball Z abridged?
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way

Bea

#3690  December 21, 2014, 08:21:34 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
You do realize that I have plans for your final demise, right?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#3691  December 21, 2014, 08:35:54 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Wanted to get in on this before he disappears for who knows how long.

Just wanted to thank you for what you have done.  Regardless of how much of your stuff has been copied, ridiculed, loved, and hated, it was a pivotal point in the Mugen community.  Your characters helped get me and some friends interested in Mugen, and for that I am grateful.  I hope you do well and that your legacy lives on for many more years.

I do have one question, if I may, where did Nash's level 3 and Karin's level 3 come from?
#3692  December 21, 2014, 08:43:24 pm
  • No guts No glory..
never talked to POTS ;instead for questions to him i want to thank him for his mugen characters,they are staying in my roster ,let's say like forever

..and i just remembered something i wanted to do for his nash ; the runing animation , maybe someday,some of these days i'll do that
#3693  December 21, 2014, 10:03:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Everyone is calling you God. Who was your son that sacrificed himself for our sins?
I think I'm more like a false idol.

Is it true you can turn wine into coffee?
Yeah. It comes in pretty handy whenever I want to drink overpriced coffee.

Hi PotS, really nice to see you. uhm.. is there any chance you nerf your RareAkuma down to a level where it actually makes sense to keep him in someones roster? (no offense) :sugoi:
I think that'd create a paradox.

Since I'm here, I would like to ask about your statement regarding the mugen community needing more diversity. Could you elaborate more? Do you mean the system styled being used or the type of characters being made?
My opinion nowadays is pretty uninformed and I'm only giving it at gunpoint, so take it as you will.

- Any thoughts about MUGEN 1.1, new screenpackers, HR sprites?
- An opinion about the future of MUGEN?
- Will you just post here?
- If only it happened sooner.
- Would be nice to see netplay one day. That'd be a game changer.
- I guess. Until I disappear into the shadows again.

Fat girls or muscular girls?
Tricky because both are unattractive in excess but attractive in moderation. Can I say toned top and fat bottom? 8)

At what point did you realize that I was going to best you as a coder?

But seriously, What gave you the idea to think it was ok that shin akuma should OTG with various attacks?
- The moment I first saw you. I should've stopped you while I had the chance, but I couldn't harm such a sweet innocent creature so full of dreams.
- Ryu used to be able to do that too I think. OTG was kind of a Mugen standard because KFM could do it. Shin Gouki never lost that because he's just supposed to be ridiculous like that.

How does it feel to still have a more famous, varied and interesting character output than all those people that kept trying to push the meme "CODE > GRAPHICS" to try to claim they were better than you, even after being gone for over 5 years? You created a persistent legacy where those working in your trail cant even keep up with your ghost.

Ahah, I think I even had people asking for the z2 chars to be more pots styled.
Hm... justice prevails?

-Will Vega(Dictator) finally die at the hands of Gouki and NOT Come back to life anytime soon?
-Will Rugal Bernstein shave his moustache one day and how will he do it?
-Will Dan ever man up and just learn not to be vengeful?
-How did Leona get that one toothache that one time?
-What are your plans for the future?
-Did Mai's boob get bigger?
ok Enough with them, and Iced already asked the question I was gonna say XD. Still, It would be nice to know.
- Hope not. Too cool for the after life.
- I think that'd hurt his reputation as a pimp.
- Already happened I think. Or did they go back on that in SF4?
- Poor dental hygiene.
- Changing cities again.
- What? No. That's unpossible.

My final questions:

-Have you tried out the EF-12 3D fighter creator engine? Did you like it? Did you create anything for it out of curiosity yet?
-Are you a Hakutonoken (Fist of the northstar) fan also?
-Have you ever thought of working for Capcom if you had the opportunity?
-What old fighting game would you love to see have a sequel for this generation?
&

-Big Booty Chicks Or Big Boob chicks?

Well on that note pots I appreciate your talent in the community and i appreciate you always staying humble as a person (and artist) in this kind of community. You have inspired a lot of people. Cheers to you and your family and much success to you in whatever you do in life man
- Haven't tried it.
- I started reading the manga way back but at the time it was incomplete so I never finished it. I'll get to it someday.
- Nah.
- Obviously Darkstalkers
- Booty. But I've met some girls who made me question my philosophy.

Do You watch Dragon ball Z abridged?
Watched some episodes way back. Was cool.

Is this the part where you meticulously expose your evil plan so I can foil it later?

Wanted to get in on this before he disappears for who knows how long.

Just wanted to thank you for what you have done.  Regardless of how much of your stuff has been copied, ridiculed, loved, and hated, it was a pivotal point in the Mugen community.  Your characters helped get me and some friends interested in Mugen, and for that I am grateful.  I hope you do well and that your legacy lives on for many more years.

I do have one question, if I may, where did Nash's level 3 and Karin's level 3 come from?
Capcom's basic idea for Nash's moveset was having him perform Guile's moves with more style and/or less effort (his Sommersault is just insane), so from there I gave him a one handed Sonic Hurricane.
Karin's beam thing is from a manga... Capcom Gals was it? Originally I was going to show a shot of the satellite but got lazy.

Everyone else: Thanks. You guys are the best.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3694  December 21, 2014, 10:13:55 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Is their anything specific you did to stop your mugen addiction besides living your life, like did you find something else more worthy to work on that you thought about getting into that deals with creating?
#3695  December 21, 2014, 10:19:01 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
It was kind of weird actually. Like I had an epiphany one day that I'd already squeezed all I could out of this hobby. I still wanted to make a full game but the amount of work needed no longer felt necessary.
I also think making Rare Akuma sped that up because I did like a dozen moves I'd have liked to code in other characters.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3696  December 21, 2014, 10:30:52 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE

Bea

#3697  December 21, 2014, 10:32:56 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Is this the part where you meticulously expose your evil plan so I can foil it later?

Of course. I am the perfect cartoon villain, after all.
But you alone do not possess the power to stop me. Who are you partying with so I can move on with their final demise at once?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#3698  December 21, 2014, 10:35:41 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
How do you feel about Mugen's growing popularity in Japan to the point of original characters receiving fanarts (characters such as Fliz, Dragon Claw, Kung Fu Man, Lord Ravenous, Sachiel, etc)?

Aside from Kung Fu Man and Dragon Claw, what other original Mugen characters you recall spending more time playing for gameplay and/or using for testing purposes?
#3699  December 21, 2014, 10:37:39 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#3700  December 21, 2014, 10:56:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Marry/fuck/kill

pick mugenites for each of those verbs.

What is the saddest thing?

Whats your opinion on the feminist critic Anita sarkseesan ?