YesNoOk

Onward to exploration! Lumine wants to battle in MUGEN! (Read 23489 times)

Started by GTFoxN6Y, February 27, 2023, 08:27:49 pm
Share this topic:
Onward to exploration! Lumine wants to battle in MUGEN!
#1  February 27, 2023, 08:27:49 pm
  • GTFoxN6Y0899
    • USA
    • gtfoxn6y.constantcontactsites.com/
Re: Onward to exploration! Lumine wants to battle in MUGEN!
#2  February 27, 2023, 08:37:13 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
A Genshin Impact character to MUGEN?? OK, you got my attention now, downloading this

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  March 01, 2023, 02:14:27 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
95% chance its not going to be great.
#4  March 01, 2023, 02:52:03 am
  • Life is maybe daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
Well, first of all, fantastic work but.. it really needs improvement, it's bugged when some chars sends her in custom states, and also why the air juggle is 9999999999999999999999?
Not to say you can repeat the air attacks infinitely
#5  March 01, 2023, 04:44:05 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Let's say this right now for the benefit of everybody.

You got feedback, give it. Realize that it may not be taken. Otherwise we're gonna keep shit like this out of the topic so it can get off the first page.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#6  March 01, 2023, 08:06:23 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA

Let's say this right now for the benefit of everybody.

You got feedback, give it. Realize that it may not be taken. Otherwise we're gonna keep shit like this out of the topic so it can get off the first page.

Time for some rusty feedback skills then. Do note that I won't really have images set up until I upload them somewhere, so just take everything as granted.
-Visually, the character is a mess. The entire thing has a rough look to it, has a blue tint over every character sprite, some have visible distortion from the rotation he used, and they all have this large mass of blank space around them. Also all of them are in group 50.....over 4000 of them.
-Sprite placement is inconsistent, as she shifts vertically during several movements.
-Her intro has her suddenly snap to her idle stance with a very notable change of angles.
-Her CLSNs are very inconsistent across the board. Crouching changes between 3 separate hitboxes over the course of the animation, and her jumping CLSNs seen to get wider and capture her feet for some reason.
-Speaking of the previous 2 points, her dash begins with a startup animation before the actual dash loop animation....while dashing. At least the CLSNs are aligned with the loop.
-Attacks lack any sort of hurtboxes on the weapon, giving them infinite priority and, combined with their huge range, can lead to zoning you.
-Crouching takes very long to execute and you only have 2 attacks, compared to the 4 you have elsewhere.
-Her power charge has unnessesary screen shaking, which is very disorienting.
-Advancing Guard has to be executed when you're taking damage while guarding....which feels wrong to me.
-Air Juggle is a ridiculously high number. 999 would be better.
-Super Jump has this unchangable forwards arc to it.
-Like TornilloOxidado said, she can use her air Weak Punch attack a infinte amount of times, and is her only real combo tool as everything else barely works.
-Razorglass Blade is kinda broken: a full-screen projectile/disjointed attack, has a lot of hitstun, and with careful timing, can be used as an infinite.
-All her other specials are pretty average, but with no air options, she's pretty weak at mixups.
-Her super moves lack any kind of hurtboxes.
-Bellowing Thunder and Surgent Manifestation not only have the wrong commands in the readme (D,DB,B,D,DB,B,X+Y and D,DB,B,D,DB,B,A+B are their real commands respectively), but are also wildly different balance-wise. The former barely seems to work, while the latter performs a seemingly unblockable splash damage effect every few frames.
-Many other issues are probably prevalent, but I can't be bothered to check largely.

Hmm....I was right about my comment: this ain't good. An effort, for sure, but not a good one.
#7  March 01, 2023, 08:19:22 am
  • Racing Game Enthusiast
  • Formerly known as SumirekoUsami
    • USA
Lumine is a broken character, in more ways than one, There's already the mentioned Infinite Jugglepoints, and the issues above.

-Absolutely crusty portraits, her 120x140 is very pixelated, and this can easily be avoided as well, her 25x25 icon though, it's a massive mess and I can barely make out her face.
-Reflections for projectiles, explosions, etc, these look horrid.
-So her Scatter Super, is capable of Infinites,
-the Barsara KO move, has uncentered explods, and FMV video, meaning only 50% of the screen is actually covered.
-the Barsara KO move, also has no fail safe, if the attack fails, the entire screen is covered, for the remainder of the match. (or if you use 1.1b's Console to use Changestate 0.)
-This also means it can softlock Training Mode, or the Training Character, as KOs are impossible in this scenario.
-the use of MUGEN's default landing sound is so out of place here, every other sound isn't default, why this one specifically?
-Using two hit clips after being hit once in the air, I've gave you feedback on this one issue 3 YEARS AGO, and still this occurs frequently.

Just a guy who has a big passion for Racing Games, who happened to stumble upon MUGEN one year...
Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 08:26:08 am by jrm1007
#8  March 01, 2023, 11:59:06 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
There is a chance won't be a better mugen addition.
#9  March 02, 2023, 01:13:27 am
Agreed with TornilloOxidado, Lumine does needs improvement.

Please take all the time you need to update your character I believe in you.