YesNoOk

Confused on why I'm in the shit thread after I kept threatening to shit (Read 2357705 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: Undiscovered Smells of the Shit Thread
#8081  April 03, 2020, 09:26:25 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#8082  April 03, 2020, 09:27:59 pm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I didn't move the topic here. What I gave you is an answer to why the topic was moved here.

The NEGUM RAINFOREST never existed (awful, that's like telling Santa Claus doesn't exist), I know what you mean by that though. AI vs AI fight, see which character is the strongest. I've seen forums making characters solely for AI vs AI fights, one cheaper than the other.
I've been in those forums and while the appeal might be there, it wore down immediately (for me), not only because the characters became cheaper and cheaper, but also because if I want to do the same things the AI does and it's impossible it makes me mad... but I'm digressing.

I really wonder if these rainforest are actually in Brazil or not... :mlol:
#8083  April 03, 2020, 10:13:22 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
The NEGUM RAINFOREST never existed (awful, that's like telling Santa Claus doesn't exist)

ssshhhh don't tell him that, Graves gets his MUGEN characters from tribal Santa Claus every year!
#8084  April 04, 2020, 10:13:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com

I didn't move the topic here. What I gave you is an answer to why the topic was moved here.

The NEGUM RAINFOREST never existed (awful, that's like telling Santa Claus doesn't exist), I know what you mean by that though. AI vs AI fight, see which character is the strongest. I've seen forums making characters solely for AI vs AI fights, one cheaper than the other.
I've been in those forums and while the appeal might be there, it wore down immediately (for me), not only because the characters became cheaper and cheaper, but also because if I want to do the same things the AI does and it's impossible it makes me mad... but I'm digressing.

I really wonder if these rainforest are actually in Brazil or not... :mlol:

I really don't know what you are going to say about this other than its fake ... Maybe we should all (me included) do some research before we make bold claims. Anyways I digress ... this is something that has been documented a couple of hundred years ago .. take it for what it is.

why does your source switch from NEGUM to Nugen? why does the doi turn nothing up? https://www.doi.org/23.8338/k.72525-3293.376

why would a paper supposedly published in 1688 be written using modern scientific jargon?

how bored are you to fake a research paper?

Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:16:53 am by Umezono
#8085  April 04, 2020, 11:40:06 am
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
quarantine life hitting him hard

also;

you mispelled "NEGUM" twice.
Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:50:35 am by Meldo Wiseau
#8086  April 04, 2020, 12:33:07 pm
Oh well, it looks like I'm right.
Of course he had to ignore the rest and had to focus on making something fake to prove his imaginary place existed (typing his "MUGEN spelt backwards" thing wrong too)... and then he wonders why his posts get sent here... get a clue for God's sake!

Oh, searching for this NEGUM rainforest thing I only found his video on Google... I wonder why that is.

First it was a "long forgotten part of our MUGEN heritage" (yeah, right), now it's a "real" location that doesn't exist.
Will he pull the "it's undiscovered and mysterious" excuse again? We'll find out in the next episode of Shit Thread: The Mystery of the NEGUM identity.
Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:41:55 pm by AlexSin
#8087  April 04, 2020, 12:37:24 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Still this dramatic about Broken AIs, classic Graves.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8088  April 04, 2020, 12:42:33 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
i am Kira, lol.
#8089  April 04, 2020, 01:38:22 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Man, there is cringe-inducing RP and then there is trying to convince people that a fictional rainforest where amateur recreations of fighting game characters with poorly balanced AI exist as physical entities actually exists.
#8090  April 04, 2020, 02:29:25 pm
lol a 1688 paper talking about carbon footprint reduction
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8091  April 04, 2020, 03:11:17 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
It's highly likely that the stuff Graves posts is the result of his descent into insanity.
I can feel his sanity dwindling by the day, which is reflected by his behavior on this forum.

I mean, think about how he feels for a moment. He's probably struggling with all sorts of mental ailments, and I can tell that they're influencing his posts. Perhaps his dreamed-up fantasies of a "MUGEN competitive scene" and this "NEGUM Rainforest" serve as a coping mechanism of sorts for him. Or they could be a byproduct of his fading sanity.

Either way, he really needs help.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#8092  April 04, 2020, 03:13:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#8093  April 04, 2020, 05:35:06 pm
Those documents are always peer-reviewed, that's why real scientific documents never have unexplained garbage like that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#8094  April 04, 2020, 05:38:05 pm
    • USA
#8095  April 04, 2020, 05:38:18 pm

Relic forgotten for 300+ years for a fighting game engine that was built 20 years ago.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-is-now-20-years-old-187299.0.html

I knew you would pull the "mysterious and undiscovered" excuse.
Why talk about something ancient in a mugen forum... ah forget it.

Not much else has to be said.
If you want to correlate a 20 year old engine with a 300+ year old paper, more power to you, keep it for your fiction stories.
I got bored from reading all of this.
#8096  April 04, 2020, 05:55:24 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8097  April 04, 2020, 05:59:06 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
See here's the thing. You make up this massive elaborate story with a place you named and you can't even spell it right.

Also cool trying to spin words you don't even know what they mean
#8098  April 04, 2020, 06:00:28 pm
  • "Who?"
    • USA
This entire quote nest is an exercise in self-deceptive autofellatio on Graves' part, but simply saying that isn't very substantive nor conducive to a conversation. So, on a slightly lighter note, for the sake of posterity, I'd like to touch on something. Maybe something worthwhile, and worth learning about and passing on. Regarding this quote here:

There's a lot to pare down here. Luckily, there is a tool for doing such paring. For those who haven't heard of it, it's called Occam's Razor. "Entities should not be multiplied without necessity." If there are two (or in this case five) competing hypotheses all leading to a conclusion it's generally most reasonable to accept the one that makes the least assumptions to reach said conclusion. To take it point by point:

Hypothesis 1: Assumes that this NEGUM rainforest is real, that someone visited and documented it, that said person was apparently a clairvoyant using language and scientific jargon at least three centuries prior to their popularizatuon, and that the forest's root name was slightly lost in translation, despite seemingly nothing else including the modern scientific jargon falling victim to this same translation. Also that this paper passed peer review, got published for everyone to see, was downloaded by Graves in 2008, and then mysteriously disappeard because its DOI page is now nonexistent.

Hypothesis 2: Assumes everything the first hypothesis did, except that in lieu of a translation error it's this same clairvoyant explorer was simply being considerate to posterity by...obfuscating the language.

Hypothesis 3: Assumes everything from hypothesis 2, except that instead of being considerate, the author of the paper, who is a preestablished clairvoyant, flubbed a word, intentionally or otherwise.

Hypothesis 4: Assumes everything from hypothesis 1, except that instead of the word being simply difficult to translate, that the translator themself screwed up, and that this mistake slipped through peer review for centuries without question.

Hypothesis 5: Assumes only that the person positing this forest's existence, this paper's existence, and these hypotheses is a lunatic. Which he's been ever so willing to demonstrate.

Seems like Hypothesis 5 would be the most tenable position to accept, given the circumstances.

With all that said, as a parting gift for those who sat through my spiel: If Occam's Razor is too tedious a task to apply, there is another tool, just as useful. It's called Hitchens' Razor. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and that which is asserted without evidence can so be dismissed without evidence." Thanks for reading.
"No, seriously, who?"
Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:03:35 pm by ArgusJord
#8099  April 04, 2020, 06:05:31 pm
Do you know what extraordinary evidence he will post or talk about?

Try to guess.

Yeah.

His videos.
#8100  April 04, 2020, 06:12:39 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The weirdest part of all this is that he seems to be entertaining the delusion that everyone here is participating in the RP with him.  Like, he's not reading everyone's posts as "stop being dumb and playing make believe about a freeware fighting game engine."  It's like he thinks we're a bunch of naysaying academics in an adventure movie that are trying to discredit his discovery.

I think GeorgeMP might actually be on to something here; this guy might have a legitimate developmental disability.