YesNoOk

TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/10/2018 (Read 18195 times)

Started by R@CE AKIR@, November 18, 2018, 03:26:39 am
Share this topic:
TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/10/2018
#1  November 18, 2018, 03:26:39 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:54:08 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
Re: TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@
#2  November 18, 2018, 03:43:10 am
Good to see you back Race !

Some feedback
His hitboxes can be a lot better most of his normals have insane priority.

When you activate CC the standing fierce kick should have a limiter on it he can do loads of damage by just spamming it  if not blocked.

The spinning swords special is really safe (the EX one is super fast and from what I got it cant be punished and in my case I can barely react to it)

Some other nitpicks here and there but overall its fucking Leo !
I know this is Infinite style but adding a window and removing some of his cancels will do him wonders.
Good job on Leo and the effects they seem crisp.

Im gonna assume some of the lacking animations are due to sprites not being available.
Take a peek at this
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/tmnt-tournament-fighter-based-sprites-173832.0.html
#3  November 18, 2018, 03:44:14 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
He looks freaking awesome. This has probably been asked already, but are you going to do all the turtles or its just Leo?
Lasagna
#4  November 18, 2018, 03:53:37 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
Dope as hell
#5  November 18, 2018, 04:20:33 am
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Good to see you back Race !

Some feedback
His hitboxes can be a lot better most of his normals have insane priority.

When you activate CC the standing fierce kick should have a limiter on it he can do loads of damage by just spamming it  if not blocked.

The spinning swords special is really safe (the EX one is super fast and from what I got it cant be punished and in my case I can barely react to it)

Some other nitpicks here and there but overall its fucking Leo !
I know this is Infinite style but adding a window and removing some of his cancels will do him wonders.
Good job on Leo and the effects they seem crisp.

Im gonna assume some of the lacking animations are due to sprites not being available.
Thanks dude, glad you like him..

- About the hitboxes, I admit I'm not the best with that and so I just did whatever I felt like at the time.
-The Standing Kick I wasn't aware of but thanks, that's a good find. I'll make sure to add some dampener on there.
(Went ahead and fixed the CC Standing kick damage issue real quick so if you downloaded him, redownload for that fix)
-His swords actually speed up like that in the game he is from. I kept it like so for combos but I will take a look at it
-Sorry but I don't plan on removing the cancels as I like how they are. Usually I don't let my chars cancel into the same super but I was playing with it and loved the combos I could pull off so I left it there.
-Thanks the FX I hand picked and put in bit by bit to fit every detail.
-The lack of animations is not due to me not having the spritesheet. I just decided to use the original SNES sprites that were available to me at the time. And in that spritesheet most of them I've already used for gameplay mechanics and others I plan on using for a different version of the character.This is why not everything on that spritesheet is used.

He looks freaking awesome. This has probably been asked already, but are you going to do all the turtles or its just Leo?
Thanks and yes I have future plans on doing so

Dope as hell

Thanks man
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:54:15 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#6  November 18, 2018, 05:34:15 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
It's always been a tiny nitpick of mine, but I've always found KO.echo being enabled to be a bit of an earsore.  At least turning it off is trivial.
#7  November 18, 2018, 06:00:07 am
    • USA
It's always been a tiny nitpick of mine, but I've always found KO.echo being enabled to be a bit of an earsore.  At least turning it off is trivial.

Not really an issue. That's more of a personal preference. I cut it on because that's how it was in the source game but I might edit the sound of it to sound more cvs like in an update
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:14:09 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#8  November 18, 2018, 06:04:42 am
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan
Wow... Welcome back, Mr.R@ce!!!
#9  November 18, 2018, 06:18:16 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello everybody.
I will get him.

#10  November 18, 2018, 06:37:50 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

He gets stuck in the air and continues on a different fighting plane all together.
#11  November 18, 2018, 06:51:14 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just tested the character and I must say, I definitely enjoying this version of Leo more. Here's my feedback on the character:

-All of Leonardo's attacks that used his swords has no guard sound fx.
-His standing, jumping, crouching HPs, and his crouching LP and MP uses a special guard spark instead of a normal one.
-The LVL 3 super activation sound when he uses Baku-Shikouken is a second off.
-I didn't notice it until way later, but the landing fx is supposed to be the same one used for the fall fx (8102). All of PotS's newer style characters used that effect for the landing, not the old one which was used on his older characters (8106). That also goes with all of your other characters as well.
-Last but not least, a suggestion. Since NetherRealm Studios added the TMNT into Injustice 2, any plans to add the voices from that game into your turtles as an option for the voice in the config file? Like Infinite's characters, it would nice to have a choice between the custom voice or the Injustice 2 voice.

That's all for now. Can't wait for the rest of the other turtles.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#12  November 18, 2018, 07:50:26 am
    • USA
Wow... Welcome back, Mr.R@ce!!!

Hey! and Thanks dude

He gets stuck in the air and continues on a different fighting plane all together.

I havent encountered this. Please explain how you did this so i can find out the issue of what's causing it.

Just tested the character and I must say, I definitely enjoying this version of Leo more. Here's my feedback on the character:

-All of Leonardo's attacks that used his swords has no guard sound fx.
-His standing, jumping, crouching HPs, and his crouching LP and MP uses a special guard spark instead of a normal one.
-The LVL 3 super activation sound when he uses Baku-Shikouken is a second off.
-I didn't notice it until way later, but the landing fx is supposed to be the same one used for the fall fx (8102). All of PotS's newer style characters used that effect for the landing, not the old one which was used on his older characters (8106). That also goes with all of your other characters as well.
-Last but not least, a suggestion. Since NetherRealm Studios added the TMNT into Injustice 2, any plans to add the voices from that game into your turtles as an option for the voice in the config file? Like Infinite's characters, it would nice to have a choice between the custom voice or the Injustice 2 voice.

That's all for now. Can't wait for the rest of the other turtles.

-I don't know how i didnt catch it but i guess some how it didn't save the sound FX that I put in there because I coded it so that it would have the sword guard sound. Fixed
- I didnt catch that. Good find! Fixed
-Another good find, thanks! Fixed
-That's minor and I don't really care to change it as its Infinite Style and thats how he has his characters and we use the same template so I'm probably not going to change that.
-That's a no go on that one man. I made custom ones because I can say whatever attacks the turtles have and custom things. So I wont be doing this.

Other than that, I have already fixed what you've mentioned. Thanks dude
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:54:51 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#13  November 18, 2018, 08:21:02 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#14  November 18, 2018, 08:29:09 am
    • USA
#15  November 18, 2018, 08:46:33 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#16  November 18, 2018, 09:10:40 am
    • USA
#17  November 18, 2018, 09:23:01 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
It seems to be difficult for me to pull off F,D,DF+K. It defaults to D,DF,F+K.
#18  November 18, 2018, 09:34:16 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Nice, it came earlier than I thought. Will be a great addition to my roster. Thank you for sharing!
#19  November 18, 2018, 09:48:15 am
    • USA
-That's minor and I don't really care to change it as its Infinite Style and thats how he has his characters and we use the same template so I'm probably not going to change that.
-That's a no go on that one man. I made custom ones because I can say whatever attacks the turtles have and custom things. So I wont be doing this.

Other than that, I have already fixed what you've mentioned. Thanks dude
-I know it's minor, but it's for the sake of consistency with other PotS characters. Although it's true it's more of Infinite's style than PotS's, but I'm certain he already changed to the circular landing fx when he updated his characters a couple of years back. Another reason why I mentioned it is that Rotto Ice Cutter uses the 8102 landing fx when Leo touches the ground and is why it's looks off. I hope you reconsider.
-I see, that's fine and I'll respect that decision. I guess that means someone out there will probably make a sound pack using the Injustice 2 voice rips if someone already ripped them.

No problem, glad to help.

I also downloaded the update, but I noticed another issue:
-The first hit of Super Ice Impaler can't be blocked, which causes the entire move to be unblockable. It can only be blocked if the opponent is on the ground and gets up on the 2nd or later hits.
#20  November 18, 2018, 10:32:15 am
    • USA
-I know it's minor, but it's for the sake of consistency with other PotS characters. Although it's true it's more of Infinite's style than PotS's, but I'm certain he already changed to the circular landing fx when he updated his characters a couple of years back. Another reason why I mentioned it is that Rotto Ice Cutter uses the 8102 landing fx when Leo touches the ground and is why it's looks off. I hope you reconsider.
-I see, that's fine and I'll respect that decision. I guess that means someone out there will probably make a sound pack using the Injustice 2 voice rips if someone already ripped them.

No problem, glad to help.

I also downloaded the update, but I noticed another issue:
-The first hit of Super Ice Impaler can't be blocked, which causes the entire move to be unblockable. It can only be blocked if the opponent is on the ground and gets up on the 2nd or later hits.

- Its just ground FX to me,  something that doesn't really matter and I have things in my characters already that normal Pots like characters do not have so its already not your usual pots character meaning don't expect it to be exactly like his stuff or anybody else's because things might change or be different depending on what I like, don't like or etc.

- Good find on the Ice Impaler. Hopefully what I did worked, but its was missing a Hitflag for some odd reason, I don't know how that happened lol Fixed
#21  November 18, 2018, 12:40:27 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Great job!!!
Nice to see you back :)
#22  November 18, 2018, 10:40:21 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I really can't do Kaiser Kick ^..^;;; it defaults to Ice Impaler.

Nevermind.
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:21:10 am by The Sudden Rarity
#23  November 18, 2018, 11:41:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That's because it isn't in the cmd file at all.
#24  November 19, 2018, 12:19:40 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
#25  November 19, 2018, 12:50:07 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I'm gonna be using darkflare's video as reference because it's available and it shows a lot of points off, though I'll show off some points of my own as well with this Leonardo.

• As shown in the video, the CLSNS are pretty appalling... hell it looks like fighter factory classic autoCLSN at some points.
  • The basics have the same safety on hit as it is on block if not more. Making Leo extremely safe on every basic.
  • Leo chips on basics and considering the safety that Leo has, you could pretty much just chip the opponent to death, sure slowly but it's still vaild.
  • All variants of Ice Impaler unsafe on hit (even if it doesn't knock the opponent over it still needs to be safe on hit or someone could punish you move 
  • Super Ice Impaler, Super Endless Ice Screw, and Super Ice Cutter can be canceled into themselves. It just looks bad and the majority of other pots variants don't do this.
    https://streamable.com/ik23x
    https://streamable.com/1zbsd
    https://streamable.com/9u24e
  • As you saw with Super Endless Ice Screw, training can block the second super which is unfortunate considering the proper cancel (level 1 into level 2) with pots variants doesn't work here https://streamable.com/9oo6x
  • Super Ice Impaler, Versatile Raid, Apprentice's Revenge unblockable as shown in the video (I can see why Apprentice's Revenge is unblockable but the others are defiantly not supposed to be unblockable)
#26  November 19, 2018, 01:12:29 am
    • USA
The clsn boxes were already pointed out and I stated already that I'm not good with them. I usually try to wing it but I'm not really clear on how that whole safe thing works. Or Atleast I've forgotten.

Darkflare's video did point out things I didn't notice. I'll try to wrk on fixing him up as I already knew issues would be found. This is the best way to find them tho. Certain things I do like however I might not change though because that's the way I like it. Thanks for the feedback tho. I will take it in consideration with further updates.
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:38:48 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
Re: TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 11/19/2018
#27  November 19, 2018, 04:36:34 pm
    • USA
TMNT Leonardo Updated 11/19/2018

- Adjusted dampener for Hard Kick
- Fixed issue with sword guard sounds not playing
- Adjusted chip damage to zero
- Fixed issue with some FX not removing during super cancels
- Adjusted it so that Lvl 1 & 2 super moves cannot cancel into each other
- Fixed issue with character in the air by pointing the A.I. to the right stateno
- Changed the landing animation to fit what other current Pots characters have (Thank SolidZone for that one)
- Fixed it where Versatile Raid and Ice Impaler are blockable
- Added some velocities, super pause times and animation times.

More updates & fixes to come.
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:45:42 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#28  November 19, 2018, 06:24:53 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This is one of your best adaptations to this groove... ever. Thanks Race.
Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:25:55 am by AVPboy
#29  November 20, 2018, 02:09:47 am
    • USA
I found a small issue while playing Arcade mode with your Leonardo, I noticed that he doesn't plays the right quotes after beating certain characters. I got Ralph's quote instead of Leo's during a random mirror match. To make sure it's not me, I tried fighting against Dcat's turtles and their enemies and this is what it got me when I defeated them (Opponent = Quote):

Leo = Ralph
Mikey = Don
Ralph = Mikey
Don = Krang
Krang = Shredder
Shredder = Any Opponent

Also, the Ice Slide Kick and Frost Thrust Kick plays CvS2 heavy hit sounds instead of the hit sounds whatever the config was set on. Since this is now a PotS/Infinite style character, those old hit sounds shouldn't be there and should use the heavy hit sound depending which number is the value on "POT's Style Hit Sounds."

Oh, and thanks for reconsidering to change the landing fx. It really does looks a lot better and I hope you do that on your older characters too whenever you update them.
Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:13:50 am by SolidZone 26
#30  November 20, 2018, 03:13:45 am
    • USA
I found a small issue while playing Arcade mode with your Leonardo, I noticed that he doesn't plays the right quotes after beating certain characters. I got Ralph's quote instead of Leo's during a random mirror match. To make sure it's not me, I tried fighting against Dcat's turtles and their enemies and this is what it got me when I defeated them (Opponent = Quote):

Leo = Ralph
Mikey = Don
Ralph = Mikey
Don = Krang
Krang = Shredder
Shredder = Any Opponent

Also, the Ice Slide Kick and Frost Thrust Kick plays CvS2 heavy hit sounds instead of the hit sounds whatever the config was set on. Since this is now a PotS/Infinite style character, those old hit sounds shouldn't be there and should use the heavy hit sound depending which number is the value on "POT's Style Hit Sounds."

Oh, and thanks for reconsidering to change the landing fx. It really does looks a lot better and I hope you do that on your older characters too whenever you update them.

OK thanks for finding out about the quotes. I thought I put them in right. I will just have to take a look. Also about that hit sound I did that on purpose because I didn't like the hitsounds that were on that attack. But if you want it changed that bad then I'll change it. Thanks for catching that about the quotes tho
#31  November 20, 2018, 03:27:59 am
    • USA
OK thanks for finding out about the quotes. I thought I put them in right. I will just have to take a look. Also about that hit sound I did that on purpose because I didn't like the hitsounds that were on that attack. But if you want it changed that bad then I'll change it. Thanks for catching that about the quotes tho
No, it's fine. I didn't know that was intentional on your end, just thought I might point it out. Although, a solution I can think of is to add a third option on "POT's Style Hit Sounds" that uses CvS2 ones even though Infinite's characters never had that. That way, you can still keep the hit sounds for that move. It's your character, entirely up to you if you want to do that.

That's all for now.
#32  November 20, 2018, 03:44:35 am
    • USA
No, it's fine. I didn't know that was intentional on your end, just thought I might point it out. Although, a solution I can think of is to add a third option on "POT's Style Hit Sounds" that uses CvS2 ones even though Infinite's characters never had that. That way, you can still keep the hit sounds for that move. It's your character, entirely up to you if you want to do that.

That's all for now.

-Ok I went in and saw what you were talking about with the quotes. It was a simple misnumbering that I did on my end that caused it to do that. I renumbered it so that that shouldve fixed it.

-About that, too late, i already changed them lol

Sorry but redownload guys if you have already. This was simply due to me trying to get the updates out as fast as I can while i have the time and because its certain things that needed immediate attention. So go grab him again
#33  November 20, 2018, 06:13:14 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Really liking him bro. Versitile Raid passes threw the opponent if your standing too close. Except in the corner. I can't seem to pull of Apprentice Revenge based on the command in the read me.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#34  November 20, 2018, 06:21:52 pm
    • USA
Really liking him bro. Versitile Raid passes threw the opponent if your standing too close. Except in the corner. I can't seem to pull of Apprentice Revenge based on the command in the read me.

I'll check it out when I get off wrk later tonight. Thanks bro
#35  November 21, 2018, 05:49:40 am
    • USA
I'm guessing Raph is next. Either way, I'm looking forward to the rest!
#36  November 22, 2018, 04:45:02 am
    • USA

I'll check it out when I get off wrk later tonight. Thanks bro

Sorry for responding late. The holidays and shopping for the fam had me busy

- The issue should be fixed now
- I can do that move just fine. D,DF,F+3 Punches and it works. Life on your opponent has to be low 333. If you look in the read me you will see Ultra beside the move and the key tells you this at the top.  Thanks for finding that issue tho bro
#37  November 23, 2018, 07:56:14 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Yo, Race sup man good to see you still have the fire. I will try him out and give my 2 cent if needed.lol Keep it rocking, I Still have that N.Geese you loan to me.lol So cvs2 Mina is next, awesome news. Just teasing, no mugen police please.
#38  November 23, 2018, 08:37:47 am
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA
I'm Lovin' this character you made.  Keep up the good work!
Mysterious Warrior 777
#39  November 23, 2018, 02:57:24 pm
    • USA
Yo, Race sup man good to see you still have the fire. I will try him out and give my 2 cent if needed.lol Keep it rocking, I Still have that N.Geese you loan to me.lol So cvs2 Mina is next, awesome news. Just teasing, no mugen police please.

Hey! Sorry I haven't hit you up in awhile man. Good to hear from you. Anyway, I hope you like him.
#40  November 24, 2018, 01:21:16 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Definitely loving this Leo man! well done R@CE! Can't wait for the rest of the TMNTs in your style.
#41  November 30, 2018, 11:30:31 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

"Let's kick shell!" Thanks a lot bruh!! :D
Re: TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/4/2018
#42  December 04, 2018, 10:08:45 pm
    • USA
TMNT Leonardo Updated 12/4/2018

- Fixed errors in StateDef Numbers with the A.I.  Air Shining Cutter
- Added a palette guide
- Minor tweaks

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2qtVah5uiU[/youtube]

"Let's kick shell!" Thanks a lot bruh!! :D

Thanks you too bro! Nice vid!
Re: TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/4/2018
#43  December 05, 2018, 12:39:49 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Re: TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/10/2018
#44  December 10, 2018, 06:53:22 am
    • USA
TMNT Leonardo Updated 12/10/2018

- Fixed it where there's a sliding animation after forward flip
- Fixed EX Ice Slide Kick so that hit hits opponent if tripped as well
- Minor tweaks