YesNoOk

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Read 25224 times)

Started by Umezono, February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus
#101  March 06, 2021, 11:25:32 PM
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Huh, I guess stupid realization, I just never bothered to look into Regigigas much deeper after everyone realized how much it sucks early on.  I didn't think Neutralizing Gas would work with it?  I thought Slow Start had to complete its full 5 turn run to restore its stats, removing the ability would just leave it at half capacity for the rest of the fight.

Neat.
#102  March 06, 2021, 11:47:12 PM
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/MacaulynGameLover
That kind of ability exist to balance them, like Slaking. They are good stats pokemon with a bad ability. But in the case of Slow Start, they went too far I think? I agree that should have a way to get rid of SS, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Balance? Who the fuck cares about balancing a legendary? Besides, if they want the Pokemon to not be too powerful, then maybe don't give him ridiculous stats?
#103  March 06, 2021, 11:48:27 PM
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Phione deserves justice yall
#104  March 07, 2021, 12:49:59 AM
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yeah why care about balance period, give every pokemon max BST

I am very smart at game design
#105  March 07, 2021, 01:34:55 AM
    • Brazil
We're talking about a Legendary here, I'm not saying they should pick any random Pokemon. Regigigas being weak to the point where he can't be on Ubers is one thing, but being so weak to the point where he is untiered is absolutely ridiculous.
#106  March 07, 2021, 01:41:58 AM
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Even without the ability, it gets hard countered by Bulky Ghosts, Skarm, Corviknight, etc. (EDIT: Never mind, ran some calcs about how a Choice Banded non-hindered Gigas would fare and uh yea)

Gigas is better suited in Doubles, honestly.  It has more success than whatever it does in Singles.  Not all Pokémon have to excel in Singles and not everything has to revolve around Smogon meta.
Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 01:50:54 AM by Kirishima
#107  March 07, 2021, 01:56:09 AM
    • Brazil
"Not excelling" doesn't mean "not working at all".

EDIT: By the way, because of the remakes, I became more interested in the games, I already completed Platinum multiple times, are Diamond and Pearl different enough to be worth playing again?
Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 02:18:28 AM by Macaulyn97
#108  March 07, 2021, 02:29:51 AM
    • tehwii@gmail.com
There is 0 reason to play diamond and pearl over platinum, theyre functionally worse due to engine issues and have less content.
#109  March 07, 2021, 02:32:47 AM
    • Brazil
Well, I guess I'll just play Platinum again, then. But I'll just hack in a team with purely NU Pokemon so I can finally understand why Cynthia is considered hard.
#110  March 07, 2021, 02:50:00 AM
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Same reason why Doom 3 is considered a "horror game".  Surprise and being underprepared.  The saying that no Pokemon game is hard rings mostly true....with hindsight.  You got a few spots where you can muscle through without thought but going in, running into someone like Red or Cynthia unaware is what's most fondly remembered.  That's it, that's the whole reason.

Also having character to her character helps.  Along with a pretty good theme song.
#111  March 07, 2021, 12:51:42 PM
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Yeah why care about balance period, give every pokemon max BST

This is the same team that created Mega Rayquaza and decided a Pokémon should have Choice Band as an ability, which can then stack with an actual Choice Band or Scarf.

Also works the other way because they refuse to give Typhlosion Earth Power or swap Sceptile's attacking stats.
3DS FC: 0516 - 7483 - 3564
Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#112  March 07, 2021, 02:17:41 PM
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Also works the other way because they refuse to give Typhlosion Earth Power or swap Sceptile's attacking stats.

If Johto starters were added to SwSh, Typhlosion would've gotten Scorching Sands at least but it might also get Earth Power cuz, well, it's known as the Volcano Pokemon. They gave Venusaur, Abomasnow and the Poliwag line Earth Power so it might happen... maybe. Also, don't you hate it when a Pokemon gets great coverage but it's for an attacking stat they're not dominant at?
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#113  April 18, 2021, 03:48:51 AM
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Either way, I am getting the games.