YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2437839 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#11701  April 24, 2017, 03:03:17 am
Just a friendly reminder that today marks the 10th anniversary of the Lucky☆Star anime.

On this day 10 years ago... or at least during this week. Because you know kids; back then we had to wait days, weeks or even more to get some half decent subs for our chinese cartoons and wait almost as long for downloads to finish with our super slow internet speed to get something with eye-cancer-inducing -quality. We also had to walk 10 miles under the snow up a hill (back and forth) just to watch a single episode.

... now where was I? Ah yes! 10 years ago we were bored out of our skulls watching a group of cardboard-cutout-moeblobs shit talk about how to eat food for 10-never-ending-minutes along some other just as boring sketches. But those brave enough (or already too brain dead to close their video players) who manage to watch the whole thing where gifted with the only thing that was actually funny from that dreaded experience:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxy4hMK2qug[/youtube]
RAKI CHANNERUU!!!

Which guaranteed that people would bother to try again the following weeks for what was pretty much a 24 episodes commercial for Haruhi DVDs.

That being said it wasn't as bad as I make it sound but not as great as others say. Truly a product of it's time.

And let's not forget...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I remember that show! Loved it when I was little.

Hi guys! I'm done with summer classes,  now I can watch some shows I missed this year.
#11702  April 24, 2017, 06:14:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's good, I am having toruble keeping up with this season because kemono friends and comparing it with gurren laggan, scrapped princess and utawarerumono.
#11703  April 24, 2017, 06:52:12 pm
Good thing there aren't a lot of must-sees then, y'all weren't kidding about this season being light. Only ones I know I'm watching is AoT S2 and and Hero Academia. Saekano seems cool from the couple episodes I saw.

I really only did surface level looking so I'm sure there's a couple others I'll pick up, but there doesn't seem to be much else that I'm interested in.
#11704  April 25, 2017, 01:05:09 am
re-watching some shows myself and finishing some from previous seasons and gonna ask what happened to episode 25 of tales of zestiria or is it gonna be part of  a new season for bersiria?
#11705  April 25, 2017, 01:53:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they missed the spot soit will air one month after the latest episode.

Good thing there aren't a lot of must-sees then, y'all weren't kidding about this season being light. Only ones I know I'm watching is AoT S2 and and Hero Academia. Saekano seems cool from the couple episodes I saw.
and all of those are second seasons :/ that's how weak this one is
#11706  April 25, 2017, 04:17:05 am
I was going to say it's not that bad ,but when I look at the list of things I'm excited to see this season all I see continuations :(.

In terms of new stuff, I'm watching SukaSuka, Kado, Re Creators and Sakura Quest. I'm mildly interested in watching Grimoire of Zero, but not entirely sold on it yet. I like the chemistry of the leads which reminds me of a lighter Spice and Wolf styled show.

My continuing list is Eccentric Family 2, AoT 2, Hero Academia 2, LWA and Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
#11707  April 25, 2017, 04:45:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#11708  April 28, 2017, 02:10:31 am
    • USA
    how to pick and watch good anime!
   talks about mainstream and non-mainstream anime!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11709  April 28, 2017, 01:20:37 pm
oh good another video about what should i like.
#11710  April 29, 2017, 02:05:11 am
I go by genre there. Action, Comedy and Mystery. Also, different genres too. If it has a decent story I start watching it. If I don't like it, I change it with another Anime.
#11711  April 30, 2017, 09:33:14 am
zestiria concludes gaily  and i'm still wondering why they showed berseria's op and why is velvet is in the op of that show.
#11712  May 01, 2017, 02:23:55 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
because velvet spoiler something JUST PLAY THE GAME
#11713  May 01, 2017, 04:05:04 pm
i played both games, 1000 years of blah blah. but why show zesteria's first chapter in the anime? i thought they gonna do a crossover or somesort they even putt X on the title.
#11714  May 02, 2017, 02:38:38 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
because the plots are linked adn mroe importantly, because anime is advertising for the games.
#11715  May 08, 2017, 04:52:42 am
Marathoned Rage of Bahamut: Genesis because my memory of the show is a little shaky and I remember it being good fun, so why not. It still holds up for me. The last third is definitely the part where it drags and the production can't keep up at the level the show began, but not having to wait week to week for an episode makes it easier to sit through. I can now appreciate how much they've developed the setting and the characters in Virgin Soul to something more than the hollywood inspired fantasy adventure it started as. Speaking of which, Virgin Soul is still great and I think horny dragon girl is fine ,but at some point it would be nice to see Fav's bright red fro again. Also, poor Rita.

From one Shingeki to another, Attack on Titan is on a roll terms of pacing and action so far this season. I'm happy that I kept my self in the dark about spoilers  so every episode has been a treat. ED is still my favorite.
#11716  May 08, 2017, 12:48:39 pm
bahamut is an amazing show, dunno why it didn't got the attention it deserved.
#11717  May 10, 2017, 09:50:29 pm
That looks interesting man. I should take a look. Thanks for sharing.
#11718  May 14, 2017, 06:01:38 am
Virgin Soul has even more dancing!

Nina's expressions through out the entire episode were gold. As nice as those chicken wings looked, I have some reservations about allowing Rita to prepare them. Wouldn't a small lapse in hygiene lead to disaster?
#11719  May 14, 2017, 07:45:11 am
she's doing the favaro face.
#11720  May 17, 2017, 02:43:35 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I have been reading complex age, it's a pretty good manga about growing too old for this shit, while it applies to a lot of situations it specifically is about cosplay.