• sites.google.com/site/yochismugensite/
Re: MvC2 Sonic Edit
#2  March 27, 2015, 01:07:32 pm
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
>EoH
Yeah I'm pretty iffy about this, but I'll give it a try.
#3  March 27, 2015, 03:44:58 pm
  • Gotta Mugenize 'Em All
    • Russia
#4  March 28, 2015, 11:25:21 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I also added Brawl Soundpack lol. XD

How funny. /s

I just gave this a try, thinking that Sonic would have MvC launchers and air combos, and... what do you know, it plays nothing like MvC2. It still has the same button layout from Freedom Fighters 2-- in fact, everything is the same as it was in FF2. The only differences I see here is that you changed the voices to his cringe worthy Brawl lines-- with Sonic saying "Come on!" nearly everytime-- And that he gets a hyper portrait and a background. To give it an even worse impression, it's the hyper portrait code from EoH, which is just terrible, given the way the portrait shows up is just boring, and there isn't really a pause for the time it's used either.

So all I wonder is... what's even the point of giving Sonic some MvC2 sound effects if he doesn't really plays any differently? It doesn't really adds anything, as the post says. It just replaces effects... for the sake of replacing. I'm not one to harp on simple edits, but your post about the character is way too vague, and easily gives the wrong impression. Besides, if you want to give Sonic hyper portraits, I really recommend using a better code template (or looking into how other MvC mugen characters have it like), because the EoH content is just badly done in general.

Shit
#5  March 29, 2015, 04:56:31 pm
  • Gotta Mugenize 'Em All
    • Russia
I also added Brawl Soundpack lol. XD

How funny. /s

I just gave this a try, thinking that Sonic would have MvC launchers and air combos, and... what do you know, it plays nothing like MvC2. It still has the same button layout from Freedom Fighters 2-- in fact, everything is the same as it was in FF2. The only differences I see here is that you changed the voices to his cringe worthy Brawl lines-- with Sonic saying "Come on!" nearly everytime-- And that he gets a hyper portrait and a background. To give it an even worse impression, it's the hyper portrait code from EoH, which is just terrible, given the way the portrait shows up is just boring, and there isn't really a pause for the time it's used either.

So all I wonder is... what's even the point of giving Sonic some MvC2 sound effects if he doesn't really plays any differently? It doesn't really adds anything, as the post says. It just replaces effects... for the sake of replacing. I'm not one to harp on simple edits, but your post about the character is way too vague, and easily gives the wrong impression. Besides, if you want to give Sonic hyper portraits, I really recommend using a better code template (or looking into how other MvC mugen characters have it like), because the EoH content is just badly done in general.

Sorry, Sonic have not basic uppercuts.