YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1249003 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3001  March 17, 2017, 02:24:59 am
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
Sadly, due to the sickness of the organizers, my local used game store's friendlies night was cancelled tonight. However, I made a new quote.

Spoiler: "Resilence is the hunt for the silver lining." - Big Green, 2017 (click to see content)

Don't judge. I friikin love the pink puff.
#3002  March 17, 2017, 02:35:38 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Hey, there's nothing wrong with the Kirby

With the exception of Block Ball and Star Stacker I have most of the entire series that's been released in the US in some form.
#3003  March 17, 2017, 02:37:00 am
Yeah kirby is awesome I love the concept and how the pink puffball has one of the best track records for a game series going on as long as his.
#3004  March 17, 2017, 04:41:43 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I must really hate money because as soon as I get my hands on some I immediately spend it on useless junk:

Received these some time ago but ahd not posted anything because I wanted to take more pictures but I haven't been able to.

Bought these locally. I originaly just wanted to buy the Kagami~n figure since I recenlty got in the mood to rewatch Lukcy Star but then I noticed Konata and was still in the safe zone but then I noticed that Harley Quinn which is not only  a perfect match for my Inustice Joker but it's also THE Harley Quinn in that scale that I really wanted to get so I just had to get it (and I got Saber a week before but there she is).
#3005  March 20, 2017, 08:58:44 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Past few months been slow going on collecting PS1 games, but the ones I nabbed were a couple of the big'uns

I also got these two Oscar-caliber movies

As well as this Xbone gem
#3006  March 21, 2017, 03:08:09 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Yo I thought *I* had bad taste

Though to be fair, Symphony of the Night Megaman 8 and Crash Bandicoot 2, those redeem the whole thing
#3007  March 21, 2017, 03:45:53 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
What about Legend of Mana?! wtf...
Lasagna
#3008  March 21, 2017, 08:11:37 am
  • For honor!
I need to know how Mega Man 8 is more redeeming than Einhander, Pa Rappa the Rapper, and Alundra or heck even Echo Night.

Also jesus I hope you enjoyed the price people usually ask for with Einhander, not-greatest hits SOTN, and Alundra.
Iroha stripped for me
#3009  March 21, 2017, 05:23:04 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I went with what I know
#3010  March 21, 2017, 05:49:22 pm
    • Peru
They started selling this around my city in Perú. Legal, not smuggled or anything... I though Gamestop had the exclusivity.
#3011  March 23, 2017, 03:28:50 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

I have united the waifus

GZ was 50% off so I thought why not
It's more polished than Phantom Pain anyway :^)
#3012  March 24, 2017, 02:24:21 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
I got a new ps3 controller just yesterday

#3013  March 25, 2017, 09:24:09 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

I've been meaning to track down a copy of Super Mario Land for a while now.
#3014  March 26, 2017, 07:08:11 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Super Mario Land is a great game and dare I say underrated; it's only like 12 levels (4 worlds, 3 levels; by comparison, SMB1 is 32 levels, 8 worlds 4 levels) but fuck it, it's 12 good levels.

Also is Crash Nitro Kart any good BTW?
#3015  March 26, 2017, 08:16:17 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Also is Crash Nitro Kart any good BTW?

It's no CTR, but I still played the shit out of it and really enjoyed it. It uses the same anti-gravity racing that Mario Kart 8 would eventually use.
#3016  April 03, 2017, 03:48:23 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
March 31st

Got LOST season 2 at my local Goodwill, which was a steal for 5$.  I don't have season 1 yet, but I just had to snag this when I saw it (plus my friends have been on my ass to check this series out since 12th grade back in '09).  Plus, I'll get season 1 next check.  And I got Batman: Return to Arkham, but am a bit pissed about it and it's not about the updated graphics looking odd (I don't think they're odd, either, just saying it since everyone else says so), it's because it was listed everywhere as 30$, only when I got the game it was 50$ full retail.  I'm not returning it for a refund, though.  I've been wanting a clearer version of the first two games for a long time.  And I'll also be getting KH 1.5 + 2.5 HD remix sometime as well, but I'll wait for the hype to die down on 2.8 first (which I'll get as well, since it has 3D).

April 1st
(not a joke, either)

Got these two from Gaming Generations.  I saw two copies of Sonic & Knuckles and grabbed the one in the back, thinking it was in better condition than the one in the front, based on pricing (usually higher price means better condition, right?) but it didn't have the door on it.  The one in the front did, however.  The store clerk carefully popped off the door from the other one and popped it on the one I wanted.  Didn't ask for that, either.  Nice gesture ^..^ I would have gotten it off Amazon, box and all, but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.  Plus 15$ for a loose cart compared to 20$+ for loose off Amazon sounds much better to me.  In box with manual would have been much more pricy, even as "acceptable".

I got Circus Mystery for a bit bigger of a price (30$), however.  It's an actual sequel to Magical Quest, but no clue why it had a title change when it was made for American sale.  The GBA version is, however, retitled correctly.  Both games, on start up, had some trouble getting started.  A bit of eject and reinserting got them to work, though, but had multiple resets with S'n'K (sorry, had to XD) while I was playing, but thankfully it played normally afterward.  My SNES used to do that long ago and still does to this day.

Anyway, pics:

Spoiler: detail and closeups (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:04:36 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3017  April 03, 2017, 05:43:47 am
i've got something very very cool coming up. can't wait till i get my monies!
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:56:47 am by Gennos
#3018  April 04, 2017, 06:13:10 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Catch up dump time (2/20-now)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
- The Game.com has 3 lines of dead pixels on the screen but it's still perfectly playable. BTW I knew exactly what I was getting into on that one.
- The Sega CD doesn't work too well (gotta fiddle with the AC port a lot to get it to boot) but otherwise it works fine.
- Sherlock Holmes and Sega Classics CD are actually in the same case. It's a double sided case that holds 2 games. I ended up with that and F-22 Interceptor because they came with the SCD. A Genesis did too (I sold the one I had beforehand), an arcade stick, a 6 button pad, a very ugly 3 button pad (which I sold off) and Sonic 3D Blast in a Sonic 1 case (which I sold off) also came with it.
- Final Fight's in a blank case :( - but to get it in a regular case would've ended up costing me $150.
- Fun story with my Switch: I preordered mine on Amazon the day after the conference, and after a week they hadn't shipped it. Shot their customer service an email, they FINALLY got it out of the door (they were really nice about it at least) and gave me free shipping on it. Same thing for a 128GB micro SD card I ordered for it (not shown) apparently.
- That's Symphony of the Night on Saturn, not Rondo of Blood, despite it being called Dracula X.
- That shirt says "RevScarecrow" BTW. It's one of the Vinesauce streamers and I got the shirt because FUCKING METAL.
Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:22:22 pm by Orochi Gill
#3019  April 05, 2017, 09:13:01 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#3020  April 06, 2017, 12:17:59 pm
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
I bought a japanese dreamcast and put in a european power supply and a gdemu. Next to it is my european dreamcast with a usb gd-rom in it