YesNoOk

[GENERAL] (Read 582473 times)

Started by firelord, April 17, 2010, 05:41:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: MK vs. SF - Fight for the Universe
#141  July 07, 2010, 09:44:39 am
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
Because he has cheap moves, and he's an ass. Isn't there a better SF boss you can use? Also, it needs moar Makoto.

Not too specific imo since he can be nerfed to be fair... but I agree that Gill isn't most favorable overall and I too can't imaging what he would be like . I would drop Gill for Urien overall for the Aegis Reflector shenanigans but that's just me .

My thoughts...

( PS : I putted down no need to discuss on those that already appeared in flash version )

Ryu - No need to discuss

Ken - No need to discuss

Akuma - Eh... I'm not sure with this one . If Shin Akuma can be played , then how different will both of these characters be in terms of play style ? Now maybe I could understand if there is no Shin Akuma in the character select but instead there is a power-up super with original Akuma to transform into Shin Akuma .

Chun-Li - No need to discuss

Dudley - Interesting to be honest . Perhaps a rose taunt super can come about ?

Sagat - Interesting character again and with seeing contributors working on 3S sprites I'm really looking forward for him in the future .

Sakura - No need to discuss

M.Bison - Agree . He needs SSFIV Psycho Punisher ;) .

Remy - Sucks that Guile never made it to SFIII ( Guile > Remy ) . I guess I agree with this .

Sean - He appeared in one flash test version so no need to discuss .

Hugo - Agree

Twelve - Hmm... I can see him causing trouble when opponents are far away so I agree with this .

Alex - Agree

Ibuki - Agree

Gill = Like I said above I would prefer Urien over Gill . So I'm not sure with Gill .
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:05:09 am by AceKombat

SNT

#142  July 07, 2010, 04:25:11 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Suggestion?
Ah, the problem of using SF3 sprites; hardly anyone outside of SF3 has them.  It's a good thing to see someone getting entirely re-sprited for a project like this, but you can't ask that of someone too many times. 

Frankly I think there's too many SF3 characters involved, but again, you don't have much of an alternative.  SF3 was a fairly minor page in SF history, and to give it half the SF roster seems a little lopsided.  You may want to consider using other sprite sets (Proxicide already used Alpha/CVS sprites for Sakura, for instance), but if you do go down that road I'd advise you not to skimp out; if you're going to have one character with older sprites amongst a whole flock of pretty SF3 characters, you may as well go whole hog and put a few more in.  Switching Guile for Remy someone else already mentioned, and I'd switch Dan for Sean as well.  Ideally I'd aim for equal representation, but that would be a lot of work; perhaps one more Alpha character would be enough, and if you can find someone willing to sprite a SF4 character, so much the better.  Just to clarify I'm not saying ditch the SF3 sprites, just don't use them to base roster decisions on.  And don't underestimate how well a cleverly separated palette can camouflage the differences between sprite styles.

Speaking of different sprite styles, you might want to look into establishing a pixel ratio over the whole cast.  Two different sprite styles means all the MK characters will look taller and narrower, while all the SF characters will look shorter and stockier.  Compare any different style of sprite you use, and consider adjusting width and height in the characters' constants to match.  It isn't much more work, but it greatly improves the uniformity of the final product.

Ultimately, though, I can't give you more specific advice without knowing who you've lined up on the MK side of the roster.  Raiden and Scorpion are shoe-ins, I guess, but who are the other thirteen?
#143  July 07, 2010, 04:54:05 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
May I suggest those ugly ass SF3 Jiffy-Pop looking sparks be removed and something else be put into place instead? Use the sparkset from MKvsSF part 3, bro. Again...just a suggestion.

If there's something I hated about SF3 and MKvsSF is those stupid Popcorn-like sparks. Everything else is tops. But you know, they may end up looking acceptable if hi-resed...who knows.

Even Proxicide himself made use of CVS sparks in many instances of the 3 flash movies. Why he chose SF3 Hitsparks as default in parts 1 and 2 is beyond me...but they sure look out of place with everything...and I do mean EVERYTHING.

I would personally opt for something that looks more like Vyn's capcomvssnkx hitsparks to go with this.

Again...just my two cents.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:01:33 pm by MaxBeta
#144  July 07, 2010, 05:29:01 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Frankly I think there's too many SF3 characters involved, but again, you don't have much of an alternative.  SF3 was a fairly minor page in SF history, and to give it half the SF roster seems a little lopsided.

Just to clarify I'm not saying ditch the SF3 sprites, just don't use them to base roster decisions on.

Can I interject here, or are Steel Komodos excluded?
  • The majority of the SF characters in the flash used SF3 sprites - ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ is just trying to stay true to the original flash by selecting characters that were in SF3, is all. Although I don't know if Sakura was in SF3, to be honest.  :P
  • There's a reason why half the roster is Street Fighter - the other half is going to be Mortal Kombat, making an equal roster. It is MK vs. SF, after all.

That said, I too would like to know who the Mortal Kombat side will consist of. ;)

SNT

#145  July 07, 2010, 05:45:47 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The majority of the SF characters in the flash used SF3 sprites - ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ is just trying to stay true to the original flash by selecting characters that were in SF3, is all. Although I don't know if Sakura was in SF3, to be honest.
No, she wasn't.  As I said, Proxicide used Alpha/CVS sprites for her.

There's a reason why half the roster is Street Fighter - the other half is going to be Mortal Kombat, making an equal roster. It is MK vs. SF, after all.
You've misread me.  My complaint was that half of the SF roster was to be from SF3.  Over half, in fact; eight out of the fifteen debuted in SF3.  Having such a major chunk of the SF representation covered by such a minor page of SF history is the issue.
#146  July 07, 2010, 06:07:19 pm
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Suggestion?
Ah, the problem of using SF3 sprites; hardly anyone outside of SF3 has them.  It's a good thing to see someone getting entirely re-sprited for a project like this, but you can't ask that of someone too many times. 

Frankly I think there's too many SF3 characters involved, but again, you don't have much of an alternative.  SF3 was a fairly minor page in SF history, and to give it half the SF roster seems a little lopsided.  You may want to consider using other sprite sets (Proxicide already used Alpha/CVS sprites for Sakura, for instance), but if you do go down that road I'd advise you not to skimp out; if you're going to have one character with older sprites amongst a whole flock of pretty SF3 characters, you may as well go whole hog and put a few more in.  Switching Guile for Remy someone else already mentioned, and I'd switch Dan for Sean as well.  Ideally I'd aim for equal representation, but that would be a lot of work; perhaps one more Alpha character would be enough, and if you can find someone willing to sprite a SF4 character, so much the better.  Just to clarify I'm not saying ditch the SF3 sprites, just don't use them to base roster decisions on.  And don't underestimate how well a cleverly separated palette can camouflage the differences between sprite styles.

Speaking of different sprite styles, you might want to look into establishing a pixel ratio over the whole cast.  Two different sprite styles means all the MK characters will look taller and narrower, while all the SF characters will look shorter and stockier.  Compare any different style of sprite you use, and consider adjusting width and height in the characters' constants to match.  It isn't much more work, but it greatly improves the uniformity of the final product.

Ultimately, though, I can't give you more specific advice without knowing who you've lined up on the MK side of the roster.  Raiden and Scorpion are shoe-ins, I guess, but who are the other thirteen?

Mmm... i used most sprites of cvs in some characters.. and the rezise is perfect for the mk and sf... or something like GUILE the sprites are CVS and sakura?...

May I suggest those ugly ass SF3 Jiffy-Pop looking sparks be removed and something else be put into place instead? Use the sparkset from MKvsSF part 3, bro. Again...just a suggestion.

If there's something I hated about SF3 and MKvsSF is those stupid Popcorn-like sparks. Everything else is tops. But you know, they may end up looking acceptable if hi-resed...who knows.

Even Proxicide himself made use of CVS sparks in many instances of the 3 flash movies. Why he chose SF3 Hitsparks as default in parts 1 and 2 is beyond me...but they sure look out of place with everything...and I do mean EVERYTHING.

I would personally opt for something that looks more like Vyn's capcomvssnkx hitsparks to go with this.

Again...just my two cents.

Yes but in the MK vs SF 2 (FLash) proxicide use the SF3 Hitsparks for Scorpion and Ryu  :-\

Ahh and Gill will change by makoto and Remy by  Guile
#147  July 07, 2010, 07:37:05 pm
    • UK
The majority of the SF characters in the flash used SF3 sprites - ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ is just trying to stay true to the original flash by selecting characters that were in SF3, is all. Although I don't know if Sakura was in SF3, to be honest.
No, she wasn't.  As I said, Proxicide used Alpha/CVS sprites for her.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

There's a reason why half the roster is Street Fighter - the other half is going to be Mortal Kombat, making an equal roster. It is MK vs. SF, after all.
You've misread me.  My complaint was that half of the SF roster was to be from SF3.  Over half, in fact; eight out of the fifteen debuted in SF3.  Having such a major chunk of the SF representation covered by such a minor page of SF history is the issue.

I really don't understand the issue here. As I've said before, many of the SF characters in the MK vs SF series had SF3 sprites, so ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ is trying to replicate that, albiet taking a few liberties with the roster, of course. I honestly don't think he should have to resort to CvS style characters at all - they would clash with the rest of the SF3-styled cast.

And I don't mean to insult here, but I'd hardly call the third game in the entire freakin' series (chronologically speaking, of course) minor.

Yes but in the MK vs SF 2 (FLash) proxicide use the SF3 Hitsparks for Scorpion and Ryu  :-\

Ahh and Gill will change by makoto and Remy by  Guile

• I think he means don't use the SF3 Hitsparks, but if you already knew that, then meh.  :P
  • If you must include Guile, then please, please, PLEASE don't make him CvS styled, as Chosis suggested. See what said I above for why.
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:48:05 pm by Steel Komodo

SNT

#148  July 07, 2010, 08:03:57 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The SF3 sprites already clashes with the MK characters, not to mention Sakura and M.Bison (not in SF3 either).  No matter how one handles it there'll still be discrepancies between sprites.  If the endeavour to match sprite styles for the whole SF side is costing Firelord the possibility of having a more desirable cast, not to mention the endeavour being doomed from the start, one has to ask: why bother?

SF3 not being the third game chronologically notwithstanding, SF3 has always been the black sheep of the SF series.  Certainly the least popular, almost to the extent of which it buried the franchise forever.  You cannot possibly tell me characters like Remy, Hugo, Q and Necro carry as much appeal as the likes of Guile, Zangief, Balrog and Blanka.  SF3 is a chapter in SF history a lot of people would much sooner forget.  So why should it get nearly twice as much recognition?  Because it has pretty sprites?
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:09:01 pm by Chosis
#149  July 07, 2010, 08:30:44 pm
    • UK
The SF3 sprites already clashes with the MK characters, not to mention Sakura and M.Bison (not in SF3 either).  No matter how one handles it there'll still be discrepancies between sprites.  If the endeavour to match sprite styles for the whole SF side is costing Firelord the possibility of having a more desirable cast, not to mention the endeavour being doomed from the start, one has to ask: why bother?

SF3 not being the third game chronologically notwithstanding, SF3 has always been the black sheep of the SF series.  Certainly the least popular, almost to the extent of which it buried the franchise forever.  You cannot possibly tell me characters like Remy, Hugo, Q and Necro carry as much appeal as the likes of Guile, Zangief, Balrog and Blanka.  SF3 is a chapter in SF history a lot of people would much sooner forget.  So why should it get nearly twice as much recognition?  Because it has pretty sprites?

Look, look, I'm sorry if I've offended you or anything, Chosis. I really don't want this to turn into a full-blown argument, so let me just try to wrap things up here:
  • I think that SF3 sprites clashing with the MK characters is partly the idea, really - to illustrate the differences between the two sides. MK being the gritty, dark world where people would tear out spines in the blink of an eye, of course, and SF being much lighter and more compassionate. Actually, that might make a good plot point - assuming there's a story to this game, of course.  ;)
  • I've never actually played SF3 at all, having only known of it through Wikipedia and the old Sheng Long rumour, so I didn't really know what your gripe was about until now. Sorry and all that.
  • You cannot possibly tell me characters like Remy, Hugo, Q and Necro carry as much appeal as the likes of Guile, Zangief, Balrog and Blanka.
    I never said that at all. What I was trying to say was that the characters could be used because they would have macthed the SF3 style used by Ryu, ken, Chun-Li etc, not because they were more popular. But now that I know why it isn't such a good idea, I shall have to back down on this one.

No hard feelings?  :'(

SNT

#150  July 07, 2010, 09:29:58 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Dude, I'm not mad.  I'm just disagreeing with you.

MDD

#151  July 07, 2010, 09:45:57 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Remember guys, gameplay>graphics.

Also, why replace Gill with Makoto? Urien should have took his spot. I'm not saying leave out Makoto, but replace someone unimportant with her, like Sean. We really don't need more shotoclones, and this guy sucks as one. Or replace Sean with Guy. That would make my day.

Also, my suggestion for an MK roster would be:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Reptile
Raiden
Smoke
Kitana
Cyrax
Shao Kahn
Baraka
Sektor
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kabal
Jax
Chameleon (Secret)
#152  July 07, 2010, 09:54:22 pm
    • UK
Dude, I'm not mad.  I'm just disagreeing with you.

Fine by me.  ;D

Also, why replace Gill with Makoto? Urien should have took his spot. I'm not saying leave out Makoto, but replace someone unimportant with her, like Sean. We really don't need more shotoclones, and this guy sucks as one. Or replace Sean with Guy. That would make my day.

Aw, but then who would be Reptile's shoto rival?

No, wait, hang on, Sakura.  :P

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Reptile
Raiden
Smoke
Kitana
Cyrax
Shao Kahn
Baraka
Sektor
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kabal
Jax
Chameleon (Secret)

I'm pretty sure Firelord's ahead of you with that one.  Athough I'd leave out Shao Kahn, if I was you - make him a boss character, or something. I was thinking Shang Tsung there, actually.  :)

MDD

#153  July 08, 2010, 04:19:58 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
He just hasn't posted the MK roster. Also, I put Shao Kahn as M. Bison's rival. I'm pretty sure Shin Akuma Lvl. 2 and Chameleon are the bosses.
#154  July 08, 2010, 04:30:18 am
  • Recreation
You guys suggesting CVS sprites...
Most of the Capcom characters in CVS had their sprites recycled from previous games.
#155  July 08, 2010, 07:26:26 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
You guys suggesting CVS sprites...
Most of the Capcom characters in CVS had their sprites recycled from previous games.
This is true.
And gameplay>graphics, but in the distant future, i might do a sprite overhaul where neccessary. I've been waiting so long to make this pop, the motivation would be easy.

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Reptile
Raiden
Smoke
Kitana
Cyrax
Shao Kahn
Baraka
Sektor
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kabal
Jax
Chameleon (Secret)
Shao Kahn for me is...not desirable. And though i don't really have management in this project, i dont really think i want him there. Everyone else seems reasonable. Though i do think firelord will end up putting shang tsung in.
So, what is the confirmed SF roster for now?

Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Chun-Li
Dudley
Sagat
Sakura
M.Bison
Remy
Sean
Hugo
Twelve
Alex
Ibuki
Gill

And Shin LVL2 Akuma (Secret)

Suggestion?
All good with me until you hit remy. Then its just...pfft. So you put in guile, this makes me happy. I think sean should be replaced unless you can change up his playstyle from being complete shoto. Plus, there's an sf3 dan spriteset. Hugo?...Im not sure bout that one. Id rather zangief, who i would happily sprite myself later. Twelve is cool, he has an interesting playstyle. Most definitely alex and ibuki. I say moving makoto in for gill was the right move.

Also, could you see how those alpha sprites fit for certain characters? If a changed palette makes them fine in the game, id rather not edit them.
#156  July 08, 2010, 08:27:44 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Chosis, please keep Sean. Don't want firelord to switch to Dan. Dan is the worst character.
Although maybe switch Makoto for Birdie. Is that fine with you?
Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:30:56 pm by Spuddyman95
#157  July 08, 2010, 08:50:03 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Chosis, please keep Sean. Don't want firelord to switch to Dan. Dan is the worst character.
Although maybe switch Makoto for Birdie. Is that fine with you?
Why'd you say choisis? Hes not involved with the project... And why switch makoto for birdie? Birdie hasn't made an appearance in years. There's a reason for that. And dan rules.

Me wants me Bison and noob-saibot!  ;P
Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:22:19 pm by Chatman
#158  July 10, 2010, 07:35:23 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
(Street Fighter):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

(Secret):

* : You Can Transform from Akuma to Shin LVL 2 Akuma [W.I.P] DISCUSS

(Mortal Kombat):

(Secret):

Please any Suggestion? DISCUSS

PD: Thanks to juano for his Help! and Chatman for the Sagat SF3 Sprites
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:42:10 am by [ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ]
#159  July 10, 2010, 07:48:45 am
well, if you want to make a transformation while you are fighting, using RemapPal you can easy change pallettes
#160  July 10, 2010, 08:07:33 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
Shouldn't Akuma/Gouki have a Shin mode e.g (Akuma -> Shin Akuma -> Lv2 Shin Akuma
In the MK vs SF flash, he transformed to Shin then Lv2 Shin.
is Shin Lv2 Akuma like a powerup of Akuma while in Shin mode or a powerup of Shin mode? :S

so many hdd crashes QQ