YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019) (Read 248245 times)

Started by GTOAkira, December 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#641  October 08, 2020, 03:22:30 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Well, Rain and Mileena got in. Everyone can be happy now.

A few things to add on.. (Thanks to this article: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/08/mortal-kombat-11-ultimate-brings-rain-mileena-and-rambo/)

-Rain is sporting a pair of katars now.
-Mileena still has her sais, but she also packs claws on the gloves she wears. She's also going to get a Shao Kahn styled helmet as a costume part
-Rambo is based off of his appearance in 'First Blood' and they actually managed to get Sylvester Stallone himself to voice the character (I think that's the bigger coup in my view, but hey.. what do I know?)
-When KP2 comes out, the game becomes MK11: Ultimate. The game will be out for PS5 and Xbox Series X come November. People can start pre-ordering KP2 next Thursday OR by getting either KP1 or the Aftermath Expansion.
#642  October 08, 2020, 03:31:49 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I was wondering how exactly Rambo is considered to be on par with literal divine beings but I learned Stryker is just an oridinary dude with a baton so I don't know what's going on.  Maybe it's that magic pill from the Injustice world.

Also, not gonna lie, I'm honestly really curious as to how Rambo'll play.
Hopefully something that doesn't give players PTSD facing Day 1 Deathstroke or Deadshot.
#643  October 08, 2020, 03:41:07 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Another dumb question to ask, but can you bring the progress from PS4 to PS5 and Xbox One to Xbox Series? Just thought about the Kombat League stuff (mostly those exclusive skins you get from playing since they keep bringing equipment and brutalities to time limited in the Krypt), and that would reaaaally suck if you had to start over from scratch.
#644  October 08, 2020, 04:57:50 pm
its weird to see Rambo salt. it must be a generational thing because as a guy in his late 30s, Rambo got me hype! I dont think people see that MK is building a movie roster. how can u complain about a game that has Spawn, Terminator,joker, robocop and rambo in one game. As lovers of MUGEN, we should love the fantasy of it all.

I agree... we got the horror characters last game and 80s action characters this game. I would’ve been cool with the Michael Myers/Ash Williams rumors too. Michael would’ve been cool for Halloween season

#645  October 08, 2020, 05:51:03 pm
    • USA
I've always felt that guest characters help sell the game to new markets where they normally wouldn't reach.

A great example of that is all the guest fighters in Smash Brothers. In terms of a traditional fighter? Link in Soul Calibur 2. At that time, most Nintendo fans wouldn't know what SC was... when Link was added to the Gamecube version.. Home run.

Netherealm has become the masters of guest characters. Hell, most of the guest characters in MK11 don't open new markets... because these new markets are already intertwined with MK itself.

Rambo, Robocop, Terminator - 80's action heroes (and villain), all hailing from violent movies
Spawn - Violent anti hero
The Joker - Violent villain

What's the one common denominator within these characters? Violence. MK thrives on it.
#646  October 08, 2020, 06:09:09 pm
  • Indeed
What's the one common denominator within these characters? Violence. MK thrives on it.

Well, violence fits Rambo just fine (if we exclude the first movie, where he wasn't a senseless war machine but a ptsd-ed Vietnam veteran, but that's beside the point). But still, MK has an identity and an atmosphere in itself, which many feel is being spoiled by all those characters being added. Take Rambo for example: he's a common man coming from a movie series with a very realistic setting, does he really fits the Magic+Technology world of MK?
#647  October 08, 2020, 06:29:39 pm
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
Well, violence fits Rambo just fine (if we exclude the first movie, where he wasn't a senseless war machine but a ptsd-ed Vietnam veteran, but that's beside the point). But still, MK has an identity and an atmosphere in itself, which many feel is being spoiled by all those characters being added. Take Rambo for example: he's a common man coming from a movie series with a very realistic setting, does he really fits the Magic+Technology world of MK?

I have to agree with you, although I like guest characters, Rambo doesn't really fit that well. But then, MK has characters like Stryker, and as far as I know, he's a normal guy who just happens to be very good at his job.

Also, with the release of "MK11 Ultimate", it seems to me like these 3 characters are the last ones, and that would be a damn shame.
#648  October 08, 2020, 09:34:31 pm
    • USA

Well, as Angel mentioned earlier, there is Stryker in the cast and he's close to normal as you can have in the series. Outside of that, you might make a case for Jarek or Kai... but that's it.

Back the point at hand - You are right. Many people there do feel that the large amount of guest fighters are spoiling the atmosphere of the series. Thing is... it's a money based decision here. The only way to tell NRS (and, in turn, WB Games) to stop the guest fighters is to not buy the DLC packs or even not buy the game at all.
#649  October 08, 2020, 09:50:50 pm
  • Indeed
Well, as Angel mentioned earlier, there is Stryker in the cast and he's close to normal as you can have in the series. Outside of that, you might make a case for Jarek or Kai... but that's it.
Well, I'd say that's part of the reason Stryker is one of the most disliked characters. He's supposed to fit the "badass normal" trope, but I don't think he fulfills the role as good as some other "normal dudes" in MK do. Erron Black, for example, has a gimmick and personality.

Thing is... it's a money based decision here. The only way to tell NRS (and, in turn, WB Games) to stop the guest fighters is to not buy the DLC packs or even not buy the game at all.
I agree 100%. And, from that point of view, I can't really blame NRS for that. They are a business, after all, and money talks loud and clear.

Also, with the release of "MK11 Ultimate", it seems to me like these 3 characters are the last ones, and that would be a damn shame.
I'm afraid you are right. But again, that's what we all thought after Aftermath, so who knows. One thing I'm certain: that Ermac skin needs to be in the game.

Back on the topic:

I see that Mileena has a full-tarkatan mouth again. Nice.

#650  October 09, 2020, 01:21:21 am
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
I'm afraid you are right. But again, that's what we all thought after Aftermath, so who knows. One thing I'm certain: that Ermac skin needs to be in the game.

Back on the topic:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luqVudv43Yk[/youtube]

I see that Mileena has a full-tarkatan mouth again. Nice.

Yeah, I'll stay positive until a Complete Edition comes out, I really REALLY want Ermac, that design is just too good to waste it. And I still can't believe that Ash Williams is the only missing character from the leaks, his whole situation is weird.

I'm digging that Mileena design as well, although there's people calling her ugly and complaining about what she's wearing. After a year and a half they keep forgetting that MK11 has customization.
#651  October 09, 2020, 01:28:28 am
    • USA
I'm still kind of miffed that Cyrax and Sektor haven't been announced yet. I do remember them saying that there would be none of the shenanigans from MKX when it came to characters.

Come on, guys. Keep your word.
#652  October 09, 2020, 01:45:00 am
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela

There's definitely room for more characters. Depending on the picks, it could be 2, 3 or 5 more.

They're still reserving that space down there for gods/demi-gods, I can't think of 3 of those kind of characters to fill that space, only Taven, so there's that. For the last 2 spots up there, I'm guessing Ermac and Ash Williams. If they go with 5 characters, I'm adding Cyrax and Sektor.
#653  October 09, 2020, 04:40:21 am
    • Brazil
Honestly, I'd actually be excited if Ultimate actually meant that MK11 will end and they will bring a new game with good story, no mobile progression and less guests, the thing is: I'm done being hopeful for any crap that comes for Mortal Kombat now, I'm too disappointed. Do I like that my love, my darling, my delicious Rain is finally in? Yes, took them fucking long enough, but that honestly doesn't excuse everything else. I like Mileena's return (her death was never an excuse, like, for fuck's sake, a big chunk of the roster was fucking dead, this is a time travel story), Rambo is the shittiest guest so far, I'm not sure people give a shit about him, but he will probably sell, because they always sell, because WB thinks Mortal Kombat is supposed to be this big advertisement for their movies that aren't really that great.
#654  October 09, 2020, 08:47:32 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
They didn't decide to unlock the full gameplay mechanic that every characters have, atleast on arcade mode.
#655  October 15, 2020, 04:15:16 pm
    • Argentina
Rain gameplay
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#656  October 15, 2020, 04:37:54 pm
    • Brazil
For anyone that cares, here is the original:
#657  October 15, 2020, 04:58:23 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I wonder if Mileena well also start using her own version of Shooting peach on the opponents
#658  October 16, 2020, 10:16:03 am
  • Indeed
Rain's face reveal.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#659  October 16, 2020, 04:38:56 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
He really looks like Ricardo Milos xD
#660  October 16, 2020, 04:43:40 pm
    • Brazil