YesNoOk

wrestling (Read 2255825 times)

Started by Titiln, August 28, 2007, 08:49:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: wrestling
#681  August 19, 2008, 10:07:47 pm
  • I'm awesome!
i was at my uncles promotion. he did a local show recently. it was cool, but damn those crazy fucking rednecks. and we had a mentally challenged bell ringer guy. other then that, it was good.
I SUPPORT THE EMO hXc SUBCULTURE!!!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
I didn't expect that!
#682  August 19, 2008, 10:43:30 pm
  • I still can't see it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
oversized signature! please read the rules
#683  August 20, 2008, 07:54:33 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#684  August 20, 2008, 09:06:53 pm
  • I still can't see it.
#685  August 21, 2008, 04:39:25 am
let's talk smackdown spoilers
Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:50:07 am by Titiln & the Great Titiln

DMK

#686  August 21, 2008, 01:10:49 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
#687  August 21, 2008, 05:15:00 pm
  • I still can't see it.
#688  August 21, 2008, 08:58:23 pm
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
let's talk smackdown spoilers

Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:55:50 pm by Titiln & the Great Titiln
#689  August 21, 2008, 09:29:49 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Smackdown! needs more main eventers..

D-LO is starting to seem like a jobber..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#690  August 21, 2008, 09:32:37 pm
  • I still can't see it.
D-Lo has always been their. He was impressing 8 years ago, and he still is today.

DMK

#691  August 22, 2008, 08:41:44 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
How long has he been back?  ???

Last time I sall him was at some odd promotion 1 time thing in Tampa.

Damn did he look good. Not like he'll get a midcard title push though. Thats like hoping for Tuesday Night Heat to become ECW again.
#692  August 22, 2008, 10:00:40 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Its fake in chokeslams and stuff like that.  Let me point it out.  They throw themselves, plus the ring is as soft as a trampoline, the ables are rotten or soft wood(my cousin works in special affects, says thats what they order)  Who knows more, my cousin who is purchased by them, or you?

Look, I know that apparently this guy has been banned already, and that maybe this is beating a dead horse, but as one of I think 2 actual professional wrestlers in the MUGEN community, I absolutely must reply to this. First things first, believe me when I tell you that the ring is nowhere near as soft as a trampoline. As someone who has his fair share of experience in setting up wrestling rings, let me tell you exactly what a wrestling ring is made out of.

-Metal, often STEEL posts in the corners
-The ring ropes are actual steel cables that have anywhere from a quarter-inch to an inch worth of protection, so if you hit these wrong they HURT, and will leave bruises.
-A steel frame that holds the ring together.
-A wood surface, either four large sections, or in the case of my home promotion, long wood planks close to 2 inches thick that rest on the frame.
-About an inch (if that) of foam or some other slight padding between the wooden surface and the ring canvas.

That is not a lot of room for give. The ring is constructed in a way that there is give, but it still hurts every time you bump. It's just that frame allows for the impact to be absorbed (in conjunction with how you land), so that you don't get your breath knocked away like you would if you landed back-first on the hard ground. Even then, you sometimes do get your breath knocked away, but usually when that happens you've done something wrong.

Second, we in the business who are a little less restrictive when it comes to kayfabe prefer the term "predetermined," over the word "fake." Yes, we know who is going to win. Yes, we know what we're going to do (usually), but every bump hurts, ever punch hits (if it doesn't then they're a bad worker or are working too "light," a problem I had at first), ever chop is a BITCH (chops are the bane of my wrestling existence, I hate them so much that I never even chop other people because I know how much it sucks). Wrestling can be compared to stuntwork, but it takes more showmanship and more personality (in exchange for it being less dangerous and requiring less precision). People get hurt all the time. I just returned to 100% from a shoulder injury myself.

So, in conclusion, wrestling's not fake. I don't mean to be an attention whore, but if anyone ever wants to know anything about wrestling, ask. I'm pretty open about it. I generally don't like to kayfabe (though their are a LOT of indy guys who do so to "protect" the business, but it actually just makes it look worse by continuing to insult the intelligence of fans).

Also, Summerslam was decent in my opinion, but unfortunately for me I am one of about 8 people who were actually excited for Matt Hardy's ECW title match (and I pretty much bought the PPV for it), and we see how that turned out. I'm kind of scorned right now, so I may not buy another WWE PPV until the Rumble.

Download Last Bout now!
#693  August 22, 2008, 10:15:14 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
D-Lo's back!!!!! Yay!!!!!

But I saw the goof in the Aug 18th Raw.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#694  August 22, 2008, 04:21:18 pm
  • I still can't see it.
He's Had Two Victories over Santino.
#695  August 23, 2008, 02:31:54 am
#696  August 23, 2008, 02:36:16 am
  • I'm awesome!
as in D-lo brown?
I SUPPORT THE EMO hXc SUBCULTURE!!!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
I didn't expect that!
#697  August 23, 2008, 03:14:30 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#698  August 23, 2008, 03:37:24 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
TITILN.

That. Was. AWESOME.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

+++++++++++++++1000

Download Last Bout now!
#699  August 23, 2008, 05:11:42 am
yeah, that gif is the only good thing to come out of the mh vs mh match

i'm really looking forward to unforgiven because the main events are going to be the biggest clusterfucks in recent history

here you've got cm punk fighting against three established main eventers and kane (upper midcarder). if punk loses he won't look that bad because come on he's fighting four other guys and doesn't have to be pinned to lose it. if he does win, it won't make the other guys look that bad and it will definitely put punk in the main event scene, but i really doubt he's retaining this time.
i wish jericho was in this one, though. he beat punk on raw but isn't in this match? i guess this means he'll have another match with michaels

and here you've got triple h defending against a set of midcarders. i'd like to see mvp or jeff win here, but it might be too soon to pull the championship trigger on them yet, so hhh is probably retaining. i definitely see mvp as a main eventer in the future, and jeff provided he doesn't fuck up AGAIN. i don't really imagine shelton or THE BRIAN KENDRICK picking up the win here, but who knows.

i wonder if they'll do an ecw championship scramble too. mark, matt, morrison, miz... chavo? evan?
Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:14:59 am by Titiln & the Great Titiln
#700  August 23, 2008, 09:38:09 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I'd guess Mark, Matt, Morrizon, Miz, and Dreamer. If Chavo was in there that'd be 4 heels to one face.

Download Last Bout now!