Share this topic:
Re: wrestling
#1501  May 30, 2009, 02:16:14 am
that can't be real man
#1502  May 30, 2009, 02:22:14 am
  • This... Dark... Berserker rage... !
He'll go to TNA and become one...
Wait, that was before, now if he goes there he's gonna stay as pussy as he's always been.

ED!T --  xD Misreading again... YouFadedSucka  =P
Spoiler: LOADING SNIFFING GENERAL. . . PLEASE BE PATIENT. . . (click to see content)
#1503  May 30, 2009, 02:23:09 am
tna is absolutely terrible but if he goes there maybe i'll watch

---

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a shit about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this post to be about our personal feelings about the release of Mr. Kennedy, and how it has personally affected us. Just posting about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Mr. Kennedy. Obviously this post will be mocked elsewhere on the Internet, but fuck em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

Mr. Kennedy was released. He got injured often. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Mr. Kennedy. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked shit about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Mr. Kennedy as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Diego when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Mr. Kennedy in a lot of ways. He was a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He could talk. He was charismatic. He had work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He was physically gifted. He was someone who had words come easy to him. Through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 30 years-old.

Mr. Kennedy was only thirty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could get released the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to older guys like Orton, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could get injured only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for shoulder, and not for his wrist.

Mr. Kennedy owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Mr. Kennedy was released. And he was released as an injured man. And whether it be insanity, steroids, or just the actions of a clear-eyed wrestler, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is a microphone.

Mr. Kennedy was injured. And I don't know how to accept that.
Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:33:01 am by Titiln
#1504  May 30, 2009, 02:29:22 am
  • This... Dark... Berserker rage... !

Yup, it ain't even the shadow of what it once was... A loooooong time ago... for a shooooort lapse only  =/
Spoiler: LOADING SNIFFING GENERAL. . . PLEASE BE PATIENT. . . (click to see content)
#1505  May 31, 2009, 01:39:41 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOW.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#1506  May 31, 2009, 02:53:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I cant understand whats going on with wwe at all, this is a gigantic shock to me when I heard and it still doesnt seem real. I'm really gonna miss seeing him in wwe. I hope he comes back some day and gets a proper run that he deserves.
#1507  May 31, 2009, 04:04:44 am
further details indicate that
· he's 100% healthy and not injured at all
· the release had to do with last monday's match, most news sites are reporting it was something involving orton backstage while others blame it on hhh and cena
#1508  May 31, 2009, 04:39:10 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
oh wtf so its backstage politics? thats even worse UGH wth god dammit vince!
#1509  May 31, 2009, 05:53:48 am
Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 06:53:41 pm by Titiln
#1510  June 01, 2009, 05:40:08 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Added. Didn't know he was using his real name on Facebook.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#1511  June 01, 2009, 10:48:58 pm
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
· the release had to do with last monday's match, most news sites are reporting it was something involving orton backstage while others blame it on hhh and cena

apparently kennedy nearly injured orton in that match, so yeah it must have been some kind of incident backstage with orton because of that

#1512  June 01, 2009, 11:32:57 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
tna is absolutely terrible but if he goes there maybe i'll watch

where'd you steal that other post stuff from titiln it sounds like my life story.

but on tna, the main event mafia is practically the nWo with a new name.

i dont watch tna all that much, but i did catch a couple matches, with specifically the new people, doesn't look too bad.

the fat girl who's women's champion, she's like a black rikishi.
#1513  June 02, 2009, 08:00:33 pm
  • You know it!
-WWE axed Mr. Kennedy this week. Believe it or not, Randy Orton didn't get him fired. If you recall, during last week's tag match Kennedy dropped Orton right on his shoulder with a sloppy back suplex. It was the same shoulder where Orton had blown out his collarbone and Orton was irate over it. He almost lost his temper in the ring but ended up calming down and just tagging out. He did give Kennedy a hard RKO, driving him into the mat and apparently tweaking Kennedy's wrist (more on that later). In the dressing room afterwards Orton gave him a stern dressing-down, which Kennedy took as kind of a "come to Jesus"-type speech, a message that he needed to up his game and reverse his rep or else. It was noted that Orton, who has talked extensively of maturing in the last few years, particularly since getting married and having a kid, is apparently sincere about that because at another time this might have led to a serious physical altercation. Later in the evening, two major, major stars who are not fans of Kennedy went to Vince and took the opportunity to air their feelings on the matter. Vince, already in a shitty, shitty mood from the NBA deal, lost his cool on the plane ride home. He cut a "scathing promo" about Kennedy, talking about how he was reckless, still green as a worker, clueless when it comes to business instincts and a huge liability. Apparently nobody in creative or talent relations was willing to say a word in his defense. The general consensus was that he was too frustrating to deal with because whenever you came up with an idea for him there was a good chance that it would be completely derailed within a few months due to injury or something else. Vince was so mad he said that Kennedy was on the DO NOT CALL list, which very few people actually make. Now, granted, Vince was baked with stress and Kennedy was in the wrong place at the wrong time, so I would expect Vince to cool off at some point. But as of Friday, it was one of those HE'LL NEVER WORK HERE AGAIN GOD DAMMIT days. One person said: "I cannot condemn the way the office handled this termination at all. He was reckless with his mouth and at other times with his in-ring".

In addition to the two stars who buried him this week, there were got reports of two more major stars (it probably isn't hard to figure out as they're all multi-time long-term world champions and it doesn't get any more influential than three of them, and the fourth is on his way, and all have worked regularly with Kennedy in the past) who also buried him, saying they hated working with him and "thought he was horrible and clumsy".

Kennedy decided to put one over on Internet reports that he'd badly injured his wrist by going on his Facebook and recording a video of him shaking both of them vigorously. The comedy is that nobody said he was badly injured, only that he'd hurt his wrist in the match and based on follow-up questions it didn't seem like it was a big deal.

Ken Anderson signed with the company in 2005 and was brought up to the main roster in August of that year. Paul Heyman gave him the name "Kennedy" because that's Vince's middle name and he figured he'd always get a push because of it. In fact, at one point he was planned to be the storyline son of Vince in a role that for a number of reasons, not the least of which was Kennedy's name showing up on the Signature Pharmacy list just 12 days after insisting in media interviews that he hadn't used steroids since November of 2005, ended up going to Hornswaggle. Kennedy proceeded to do one stupid interview after another, the most recent being in March of this year when he said WWE was too vigorous in their steroid testing and that if he was taking something that wasn't hurting anyone else, what was the big deal? He also had ten million different excuses for the Signature deal, none of which made any sense at all. His first injury, a lat tear, took place in December of 2005. He was out six months. His second injury, in May 2007, was an injured triceps. At the time he was the holder of the Money in the Bank briefcase and the plan was for him to cash it in and become champion. Because he was hurt, WWE had Edge beat him to win the briefcase. As it turned out, the injury wasn't as bad as expected, and instead of being out five to seven months he was only out a couple. He was irate at the having lost the opportunity at the title. After his name came out with Signature he was suspended 30 days. His next injury was in August of 2008 when he blew out his shoulder in a house show match with Shelton Benjamin. Due to the injury and his filming of Behind Enemy Lines he was out until May of this year.

Credit: f4w newsletter
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#1514  June 02, 2009, 11:48:13 pm
  • Death or Glory.
Glad we finally have word on why Kennedy was released. But who are these big stars that got him released?

Triple H is probably one of the most likely candidates, and whilst I'm tempted to mention John Cena, judging from what I've heard about the guy it doesn't seem like something he'd do. Maybe HBK or/and Batista? Sounds like a real case of bad luck to me. Wonder if he will go to TNA.
#1515  June 04, 2009, 04:48:06 am
  • You know it!
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#1516  June 04, 2009, 07:21:23 pm
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
^ Once he said "You wanna talk shit to me-" it was almost convincing...
#1517  June 04, 2009, 11:13:14 pm
chris masters was apparently re-hired by wwe

that's fantastic but in no way makes up for the release of kennedy YOU FUCKING SHITHEADS
#1518  June 05, 2009, 01:34:18 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I think he'll be back later on down the road to be honest he had too much talent to be let go for good. vince will calm down and change his mind later. from what I know of the guy he's pretty NUTS.
#1519  June 05, 2009, 02:07:54 am
chris masters was apparently re-hired by wwe

that's fantastic but in no way makes up for the release of kennedy YOU FUCKING SHITHEADS
From what has been said, Kennedy was an asshole backstage, and always stiffed people in the ring
#1520  June 05, 2009, 02:14:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
All current wrestler suck, that's because the current wrestling fans are losers, there has not been a good wrestler since el santo.