YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2436206 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#1261  July 07, 2009, 05:34:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, they skipped, for obvious reason to explain the chaarcter's family relationships, who is the parent of whom and what's up with the inheritance to more detail, there are high chances that they explain it in the next chapter's especially maria and batler's family situation which are the weierdest and more important for the plot.
#1262  July 08, 2009, 04:44:04 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
Just read Gantz's last chapter. Hmm... so there's gonna be a month break before the beginning of the 3rd and last "season" of the manga. Can't wait to see what they come up with. On the other side, I think they've been going a bit fast lately with the scenario. It's been like 15 volumes without any scenario, then little bits given here and there, and BAAM, many things revealed in 3 chapters. Kinda kills the suspense and looks like the author wants to finish everything quickly.

BTW, I have to go buy Ashman, Gunnm Last Order v.12, Bastard! v.25, and Biomega v.2. :D

I didn't enjoy the last few chapters... to me it is over when they fought and win against that evolving tengu monster, and that should be the final boss. the living statues monsters are not that strong compared with any of the previous monsters the have fought before

and I'm waiting for the new chapter of "Change hi fu mi" o_o when oh when???
#1263  July 08, 2009, 05:42:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The statues mission was supossed to be like that, because it was other team the one that did beat the real boss.

About hifumi, yeah, snoopy cool sure has takes it's time wiht the new chapter, I guess they decided against using magazine scans and are going to wait for the tankubon; not a bit problem for me, as I tend to let one volume pile up before resuming re-reading manga.
#1264  July 10, 2009, 01:58:27 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
oh, they sure take time with the update :'(
BTW I just finished reading Basilisk, and It is surprisingly entertaining in the same breath as ninja scroll, please can somebody suggest me another title with similar theme and a good drawing style (with lots of fanservices)?
#1265  July 10, 2009, 04:59:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Vagabond is amazing, no fanservice, though. Kurozuka is not as good as vagabond but has plenty of fanservice (explicit sex) and it's already over.
#1266  July 10, 2009, 06:49:46 pm
I second Vagabond, it's awesome - though it starts getting really damn slow when reaching the first 15~20 volumes (it should be a little over 30 at the moment)
Otherwise, I have no idea if there is anyone who translated it (be it professionally or on the net) but there's Y+M (Y Juu M). There's this author, Yamada Fuutarou, who made a series of novels, amongst which Kouga Ninpouchou, which was adapted into manga (and anime) as Basilisk ; well, in the same series, there was Yagyuu Ninpouchou, and Y+M (for Yagyuu Juubei Mitsuyoshi) is an adaptation of it by the same guy who did Basilisk. By the way, this series of novels by Yamada basically was to samurai/ninja stories & mangas what Walt Disney or Tezuka were to cartoons and mangas.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:55:42 pm by Byakko
#1267  July 10, 2009, 06:59:39 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
This made me wonder that samurais/ninja have taken quite a hit as a genre, they are put as good support characters, but the series that have mostly them are a small number, how many do we get, one every year ? I mean kurozuka is already pushing it.
#1268  July 10, 2009, 10:22:28 pm
#1269  July 10, 2009, 11:08:51 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
I started reading a manga called Little Jumper, the guy that made 3x3 Eyes did it, only reason why I checked it out. Not bad though, a bit cheesy.

I really like the president of the dog club though, she always has that drunk stupid smirk on her face.
#1270  July 10, 2009, 11:59:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I got finished/uptodate with rosario to vampire manga. The anime was interesting, for the first season tried to mix action and comedy ala ranma, but failed miserabily, then the second season concentrated more on comedy and managed to eb as entertaining as girls bravo. the manga is more like the first season except that it does fail that bad, thoguh later it changes to a more proper shounen, ala flame of rekka.

This season I am only watching umineko and aoi hana, though I am considering adding haruhi s2 and fight ippatsu jyuden chan to the shows I am watching.
#1271  July 11, 2009, 03:39:21 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
FMA 97, kind of slow chapter, Hoenheim vs Father hasn't concluded and now it left us with a possible LingGreed vs BradleyWrath.
Not bad though, the manga is almost over, rushing chapters isn't wise.
#1272  July 13, 2009, 06:32:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
HAHAHA WOW, Aki sora is getting an anime/AOD.
The weird thing is that some of the staff comes form spice and wolf and rozenmaiden, I mean this one has yuri incest group sex rape, so the choice of staff is rather weird.

beware, this one is full of spoiler from the WHOLE series.
http://uminekolol.livejournal.com/
But it's still very fun.
Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:56:48 pm by Frederika Trollkastel~
#1273  July 13, 2009, 09:41:59 pm
FMA(FullMetal Alchemist) is really cool

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#1274  July 13, 2009, 10:32:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
now I know why she does not wear a skirt (or pants).

#1275  July 13, 2009, 11:59:34 pm
Why the bloody hell do the Dragon Ball Kai raws always weigh between 400 and 800 megs, what happened to the good old 150~250 mgs raws :sadgoi: people these days always want those stuff in their huge 1280x720 format and useless mkv format even though it's absolutely useless. You're just going to watch it once and then dump it, for God's sake. At least Canaan and Umineko raws don't go much over 350 megs.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1276  July 14, 2009, 12:25:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Dunno, I dropped Dragon Ball Kai after realizing I did not really feel like watching dragon ball again.

so, how's canaan ?
#1277  July 14, 2009, 12:27:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
One episode in and it already has figmas coming out and stuff.

Saw the trailer, seemed incredibly well animated, saw the op, pretty damn good, havent seen the episode yet, the term i found under its description put me off.

OPPAI anime.
#1278  July 14, 2009, 12:35:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ah yeah, I got the oppai spoiled to me, but I would also avoid such a team for the type of show canaan seems to be. I am ok with fanservice teams subbing fanservice shows (like this season's jyuden chan), but I want a more serious team for my "serious" shows.
#1279  July 14, 2009, 12:36:50 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Im always afraid of finding another Aika, during the viewing you just stop the damn thing because it starts becoming ridiculous.
#1280  July 14, 2009, 12:44:14 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Then you will be happy to know that there is a third season/series.

I just adopt a different mindset depending on the media I am going to watch, queen's blade had a lot of fanservice, borderline H; i did not even bother watching it subbed since the plot might distract me from the fanservice.