YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2278988 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#5261  May 31, 2014, 06:02:11 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Also, be aware that these are .jpg images... and they appear to be based on the 3DS XL's size, not the original's.
They both have the same damn internal resolution. Screen captures from one are the same as from the other.
#5262  May 31, 2014, 12:56:07 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The stuff on the 3DS XL is upscaled from the regular 3DS. It is not re-rendered, so it looks more pixelated. How do I know this? I compared the two.

XL does have the advantage of making DS games easier to look at when original resolution is forced. They're tiny on the regular 3DS.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5263  May 31, 2014, 01:02:52 pm
    • USA
Internal resolution is still the same. Screenshots would not be any different between both models.
#5264  May 31, 2014, 04:54:04 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
I was just saying that the screenshot is bigger than the regular 3DS' screen, so that's not how it's going to look in-game.

#5265  May 31, 2014, 05:28:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
think about this, how is the screenshot bigger ?
#5266  May 31, 2014, 06:32:12 pm
  • Fuck You.
changing the size of the screen doesn't change the size of the resolution, no matter how upscaled it is

this said, the 3ds and 3dxl have the same resolution, even if the xl's screen is bigger, it's magnified, but captures will all still have the same resolution , forced internal resolution
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#5267  May 31, 2014, 09:05:19 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
(snip)
also: OFFICIAL GAMECUBE CONTROLLER ADAPTOR. YES! YES! YES! YES!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
this is the greatest day in the history of our sport. fireworks go off. every character comes in with everything for a huge party. lc-ddm has a heart attack

Well, it's bittersweet news, to say the least. I like that controller just about as much as I like cancer, but if it at least gives a viable option to the pro scene, I'm fine with it.

Hell, I just want this game to end the divide between pro and casual, and all signs are pointing strongly to such a thing.

I'll just leave a small tidbit that I believe fits the GCC announcement.
> GCC support
I was ready to change, but if I don't have to then fuck that noise.
*bracing for hate* oi... i understand nintendo is doing fans a service, but why cant people just adapt?[/color]
Why make people adapt if you can profit off of those who refuse?

Late, I know, but there's not much to say about the new update except... neat I guess.

Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:08:27 pm by LC-DDM
#5268  May 31, 2014, 09:27:51 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm really not seeing how having the optional adapter is catering solely to tournament players and that "forcing them not to adapt" is some horrible consequence.

Brawl let you use Gamecube controllers, and they were pretty much the best way the play it, besides the classic controller (and who has more than one of those?). The Wiimote only one just feels uncomfortable for lack of buttons, and the Wiimote +nunchuck option just feels awkward as hell. I'm no pro player by any stretch of the imagination, and all I used was the Gamecube controller. And I imagine that is true for a great number of people.
#5269  May 31, 2014, 09:36:56 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
yeah this game is unplayable with anything other than the GC controller
#5270  May 31, 2014, 09:39:32 pm
#5271  May 31, 2014, 10:07:45 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
How is it about profit when people who buy this are just gonna use their existing gamecube controllers?
#5272  May 31, 2014, 10:44:22 pm
haseyo is a moron
#5273  June 01, 2014, 12:36:25 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
How is it about profit when people who buy this are just gonna use their existing gamecube controllers?
they will profit in the past, douh ,i tought you knew how time loops work.
#5274  June 01, 2014, 01:10:54 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Ah, will definitely get the adapter. I have four GameCube controllers at the ready, so I see no point in investing in pro controllers.

#5275  June 01, 2014, 01:24:57 am
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Do keep in mind that they're making "new" Gamecube Controllers with the smash logo on them... or least, that's what I assume, from the picture alone.

Which would not be a far-fetched idea, when you come into the idea that there may be people out there without a GC controller at all, or for those who have only purchased one and wish to have a second (or more). Not to mention the whole "wired" shebang which I suppose is a big deal with tournament players. And that's not even touching on the people who have broken controllers through wear and tear or other non-natural malfunctions.

Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:28:31 am by LC-DDM
#5276  June 01, 2014, 01:55:21 am
  • (Slowly) Teaching myself to make games with MUGEN!
    • USA
I need to pick up some Cube controllers soon.
Mains:
Brawl: Marth, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, and Lucario
Super Street Fighter IV: Juri
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool, Wesker, and Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Stryker, Scorpion
Injustice: Harley Quinn, Superman, Scorpion

Umezono said, 24 minutes ago
im sure jason flailing a rusty machete into luigis midsection will be okay just as long as we remove the blood

We can do that with a beam saber already. I don't see the problem with that! :laugh2:
#5277  June 01, 2014, 02:47:43 am
The Wii U gamepad (and third party versions) is better in nearly every way though except aesthetics
#5278  June 01, 2014, 01:57:46 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Do keep in mind that they're making "new" Gamecube Controllers with the smash logo on them... or least, that's what I assume, from the picture alone.

Please. They're hard enough to locate these days as it is (the only store I knew that still stocked them closed a few months back). Fact of the matter is that I've only got two official GameCube controllers. The other two are those crappy 3rd-party ones that don't last two seconds.

That, or that's what the winner of the tournament will get: the official Smash Bros. GameCube controller.

#5279  June 02, 2014, 08:29:24 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
6/2

Pic of the day. Here's a new Wii U stage, Mushroom Kingdom U! It brings to life the worlds of New Super Mario Bros. U.

When Kamek casts a spell, the stage transforms drastically! That said, this is not what you would call a moving stage… …By the way, this stage will be playable in the demo version of the game for E3, a game expo that starts on June 10 in Los Angeles.

Winner of the People Challenger contest revealed.
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:37:18 am by Girard
#5280  June 02, 2014, 01:57:46 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hmm... a stage that transforms without too much forewarning at all.

I am pretty sure the tourney people's gonna ban this one from their tourneys.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!