YesNoOk

Raiden by KarmaCharmeleon && JtheSaltyy  (Read 30353 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, May 30, 2022, 09:18:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Raiden by KarmaCharmeleon && JtheSaltyy
#21  June 08, 2022, 11:02:39 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Great job, guys. Much appreciated.
#22  June 26, 2022, 04:27:29 am
Excellent character. Solid all around. Timing for dash is a little strict though. 

Just a thing about the parry mechanic, since I tend to risk using it alot;
1. Don't know if it's intentional on your part but his stand parry box does not cover his head. He can't stand parry certain jump attacks at point blank range as well as other attacks that comes down vertically (correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure stand parry should be able to parry all aerial attacks).   
2. Parry doesn't reduce the hit-count of certain characters attacks that loops it's attack animation such as Onslaughts [by 'XsLaught']  'Torpedo/Hyper Rush' Attack. This means you would have to parry these type of moves forever until you're hit or it  block it. I'm guessing it's one of the drawbacks of using reversaldef as a parry. Not sure if there's a way around it.

Otherwise, he's extremely well flushed out.
#23  July 06, 2022, 04:43:42 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
the method cvs2 actually uses for parrying is still unknown, the current method right now is to just use parts of the stand, crouch and air hurtboxes to act as the hitbox for parries. while i personally don't think it's completely effective for parrying, it's been the tried and true method but i'm sure someone's gonna find out how they work eventually.
#24  July 06, 2022, 10:04:06 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think it's like a HitOverride attached to specific hurtboxes. Which you obviously can't do in Mugen, hence the ReversalDef.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#25  July 07, 2022, 07:16:37 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
That's also the case for autoguard; one of the hurtboxes will be designated as having autoguard properties. It's pretty easy to see on Kyo's QCF+HP, where his usual head hurtbox gets stretched out and moved down-forward, where it covers his body hurtbox.

When the autoguard period ends, the head box moves back to its usual location, and resumes working like a normal hurtbox.

Since the hurtboxes never change for parry; it's pretty safe to assume that the body and possibly the head hurtboxes simply change properties to a parry box (but otherwise stay the same size, shape, and position) while the parry window is active.

It should be possible to test which boxes specifically have that parry property with the hitbox viewer, although it probably would be pretty tedious.