YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2274120 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#5041  May 20, 2014, 12:09:13 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
5/20

Pic of the day. This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside….

Swirling Green Madness confirmed for assist trophy.  Thanks for nothing, Sakuria.
#5042  May 21, 2014, 09:06:18 am
21/5

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

that's pretty awesome. isn't it standard in most 3d fighting games by now, though?
#5043  May 21, 2014, 09:19:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I believe its the case for most 2D gameplay ones; the 3D ones from what I remember all had the characters not be mirrored.
#5044  May 21, 2014, 11:43:24 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Never understood why they don't make the brown Bowser into a Morton palette. Also isn't this gonna look a bit weird with certain characters like Link, Marth and Little Mac not being mirrored standing next to the mirrored ones?
#5045  May 21, 2014, 12:32:53 pm
I didn't think it be that difficult.

In most 3D fighters, characters can be mirrored but it depends on the lead foot the character is on. Only 3D fighter that has no mirroring at all is Tekken (excluding stuff like SFEX, KoF:MI, etc)
#5046  May 21, 2014, 12:54:56 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
He did say 'some' characters.  I'd wager that characters who hold weapons like Link and Marth probably wouldn't get mirrored so they wouldn't have to deal with switching handedness back and forth.
#5047  May 21, 2014, 02:53:09 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Or maybe they get mirrored, but the weaponry remains in the correct hand(s). Link, for example, would have his shield in front and his sword behind when facing one way, but when mirrored, the sword would be in front, while the shield is behind.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5048  May 21, 2014, 02:53:59 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com

#5049  May 21, 2014, 02:57:22 pm
  • (Slowly) Teaching myself to make games with MUGEN!
    • USA
Mains:
Brawl: Marth, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, and Lucario
Super Street Fighter IV: Juri
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool, Wesker, and Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Stryker, Scorpion
Injustice: Harley Quinn, Superman, Scorpion

Umezono said, 24 minutes ago
im sure jason flailing a rusty machete into luigis midsection will be okay just as long as we remove the blood

We can do that with a beam saber already. I don't see the problem with that! :laugh2:
#5050  May 21, 2014, 03:25:22 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Or maybe they get mirrored, but the weaponry remains in the correct hand(s). Link, for example, would have his shield in front and his sword behind when facing one way, but when mirrored, the sword would be in front, while the shield is behind.

Well, I wouldn't rule out a mirrored Link just yet. They could make him ambidextrous - it's not too farfetched to think about, either.

Link doesn't get mirrored, in the first trailer when facing left his back is toward the screen but when facing right his chest is towards the screen. Doesn't seem like it only applies to weapon users since Villager and Little Mac also don't get mirrored I understand why Little Mac wouldn't but i don't see why Villager doesn't get mirrored.
#5051  May 21, 2014, 03:26:46 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Well, I wouldn't rule out a mirrored Link just yet. They could make him ambidextrous - it's not too farfetched to think about, either.

Im assuming you're referring to that little quirk in Twilight Princess, but it might just happen if that Greninja tongue scarf is any indication.
#5052  May 21, 2014, 03:34:44 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Not liking Flame Plate Greninja with having only its skin changed.  If the spots or star marks got slightly adjusted to a redder scheme, it would've been good.  Just my thoughts.

....alternatively it could be a nod to its Protean ability.
Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:37:55 pm by Kirishima
#5053  May 21, 2014, 03:45:41 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
He did say 'some' characters.  I'd wager that characters who hold weapons like Link and Marth probably wouldn't get mirrored so they wouldn't have to deal with switching handedness back and forth.

EWWWWWWW, Lack of consistency!!!

But honestly, did people really find the lack of mirroring that displeasing? I never even paid any attention to it, to be quite honest.

*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#5054  May 21, 2014, 05:06:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's awful for gameplay.
#5055  May 21, 2014, 05:23:23 pm
that would be really stupid considering link's shield blocks projectiles in the game
#5056  May 21, 2014, 05:35:17 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I dunno if this applies to the current Link, but I remember way back in A Link to the Past, Nintendo clarified that Link is ambidextrous with his sword. They chalked up the whole "switching sword hands thing" by saying that he followed a superstition that men should point their shields toward Death Mountain. Works for me!
#5057  May 21, 2014, 06:18:21 pm
  • (Slowly) Teaching myself to make games with MUGEN!
    • USA
Mains:
Brawl: Marth, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, and Lucario
Super Street Fighter IV: Juri
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool, Wesker, and Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Stryker, Scorpion
Injustice: Harley Quinn, Superman, Scorpion

Umezono said, 24 minutes ago
im sure jason flailing a rusty machete into luigis midsection will be okay just as long as we remove the blood

We can do that with a beam saber already. I don't see the problem with that! :laugh2:
#5058  May 21, 2014, 07:27:07 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
All the other 2d zeldas (maybe not the gbc ones) have non mirrored sprites. Link's sword hand doesn't change in smash 4 according to the screen shots and I assume this applies for Samus and Marth
#5059  May 21, 2014, 07:42:09 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#5060  May 22, 2014, 08:26:17 am
22/5

Pic of the day. In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation.

NICE i hated being forced to use one color in team battle