YesNoOk

ultra street fighter 2 the final challenge (Read 120079 times)

Started by c001357, January 13, 2017, 06:51:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: ultra street fighter 2 the final challenge
#101  January 23, 2017, 06:13:36 pm
I just don't like the fact that, even though I know its PR bs, they NEED to say something like that almost like they're holding it over fans heads on whether this is a success or not rather than letting the game (and its marketing for that matter) speak for itself.
#102  January 23, 2017, 06:47:34 pm
What they're saying now is nothing like what they said for Darkstalkers and what you just said.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#103  January 23, 2017, 07:07:27 pm
I look at the DS:R story again you're right it was actually after the fact that they said wouldn't make it anymore either way Ono could of answered that with a "we currently don't have any plans for release on other consoles at the moment" rather than what he decided say.
#104  January 23, 2017, 07:35:56 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
ANYWAY

how about this new fangled Street Fighter 2 game
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#105  January 23, 2017, 08:13:16 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I want to know what justifies the $50 price, 2 edited chars, only new move evil Ken got was a teleport.
I paid $20 for the original hd remix stop the fuckery capcom
#106  January 23, 2017, 08:14:42 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Not that it makes it worth it, but the other things that were changed were the damage output of ER and VK. No word on if their health was lowered though.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#107  January 23, 2017, 08:15:30 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Lol, "newfangled" and Street Fighter 2 in the same sentence.

And NOT talking about Mugen.
#108  January 23, 2017, 08:59:57 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Not that it makes it worth it, but the other things that were changed were the damage output of ER and VK. No word on if their health was lowered though.

Reports, last I checked, said that their "life was lower."

However, old Capcom games use something like defense values which modify the damage; modifying the actual health values wasn't a thing until CvS1 or CvS2.
#109  January 23, 2017, 10:51:20 pm
ANYWAY

im completely indifferent about it tbh. i never liked ST to begin with, call me a scrub for saying this but i always felt it was a bare bones game compared to it's successors.
hdr was even uglier imo, mixing the hd sprites with the choppy animation was jarring as fuck. it felt like i was playing some online flash game.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#110  January 23, 2017, 11:35:14 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
ANYWAY

im completely indifferent about it tbh. i never liked ST to begin with, call me a scrub for saying this but i always felt it was a bare bones game compared to it's successors.
hdr was even uglier imo, mixing the hd sprites with the choppy animation was jarring as fuck. it felt like i was playing some online flash game.

You said super turbo was bare bones to its "successors" I'm
Assuming you played it late in life after you played the
Newer ones right?

The next game improves on the old, well it should technically.
Sf2 was the first fighting game I got serious with back in the
Snes days, I wont mind trying this out I always loved classic SF
But the price needs to be reasonable.
#111  January 23, 2017, 11:46:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nah, I'm the same. I started with SF2(version infinity) too. But didn't really get obsessed till SFA. That being said I enjoyed HD Remix much more than vanilla ST. And do look forward to this version. When it gets cheaper. I don't know why it'll be more expensive than it's 1st release.
#112  January 24, 2017, 03:15:39 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
When this was announced, I thought this was going to be Hyper SF2 with a new title with the HDR version's graphics.

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this overall. On one hand, it feels like they're going to canonize E.Ryu/V.Ken into the SFII era in some way - unless I'm wrong and they're just in it for the lulz. On the other hand, at least they did something good with the HDR resources by slapping them into a release of Super Turbo that doesn't feel wonky.

#113  January 24, 2017, 06:48:39 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
When this was announced, I thought this was going to be Hyper SF2 with a new title with the HDR version's graphics.

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this overall. On one hand, it feels like they're going to canonize E.Ryu/V.Ken into the SFII era in some way - unless I'm wrong and they're just in it for the lulz. On the other hand, at least they did something good with the HDR resources by slapping them into a release of Super Turbo that doesn't feel wonky.
The only reason ER and VK are in the game is because people like evil versions of characters. Capcom has done so much to the story at this point that they seem to have retconned some games out entirely. Just because they're in this game means absolutely nothing (until confirmed otherwise) as far as the canon storyline is concerned.
#114  January 24, 2017, 06:55:33 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
The only reason ER and VK are in the game is because they're the cheapest character additions that Capcom could make to justify calling the game Ultra SF II and charging so much for it
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#115  January 24, 2017, 08:32:53 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Well, just add Chun Li with darker skin and you have Shadow Lady(hey! She appears in that anime!) And just CS Cammy's arms so we can have Killer Bee too.

Of course this is sarcasm and I HOPE no one in Capcon will ever read this, I don't want to be part of another evil idea hahahahaha
I swear there was something cool here!!
#116  January 24, 2017, 09:09:51 pm
Well, just add Chun Li with darker skin and you have Shadow Lady(hey! She appears in that anime!) And just CS Cammy's arms so we can have Killer Bee too.

A extra speed version of Chun Li as Shadow Lady(No missles allowed, only in VS series). Zangief as Mech Zangief, extra damage but can't block. But i was thinking either Decapre or Alpha Cammy. Who knows?
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#117  January 24, 2017, 09:14:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

A extra speed version of Chun Li as Shadow Lady(No missles allowed, only in VS series). Zangief as Mech Zangief, extra damage but can't block. But i was thinking either Decapre or Alpha Cammy. Who knows?

We can make a mugen version with theses ideas, capcom better get they shit together or we
Can make a version with more content for free!
#118  January 24, 2017, 09:27:57 pm
You go on, we'll be watching.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#119  January 25, 2017, 06:18:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I was gonna say that I wanted to make an Violent Ken using the original sprites after I heard the announcement, but I don't want to detract from Memo's BBQ-Flavored Silly Posts (TM).
#120  January 25, 2017, 06:25:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Now your stealing my ideas jango for real?
maybe I should port this to "ikemen the mugen killer"
For better netplay than whatever capcoms offering