YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 801468 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1301  July 09, 2021, 03:42:14 pm
I mean, maybe the design and moves are the same. But in terms of graphical presentation, he looks leagues better than in XIV. Same with everyone else.
#1302  July 09, 2021, 04:37:45 pm
    • Brazil
Let's not kid ourselves here. He doesn't look "leagues better", he only looks slightly better, which isn't much, considering how KoF XIV wasn't that pretty to begin with. He got a small visual update, but it's obvious that it's copy-pasted. They really need to start bringing new stuff.
#1303  July 09, 2021, 07:31:52 pm
Just because it's copy-pasted doesn't mean it's not a huge improvement. Everything from the textures to the shading to the lighting is a major step up. You can say they should have remade all the models from the ground up, but it's not like they have the money or resources to do that without cutting the roster down to a fraction.
#1304  July 09, 2021, 08:43:07 pm
    • Brazil
Its not a major step up, its a small improvement at best. If they really want people to get hyped for this, they better show new stuff, otherwise, people will stop giving a shit.
#1305  July 09, 2021, 08:57:47 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Its not a major step up, its a small improvement at best. If they really want people to get hyped for this, they better show new stuff, otherwise, people will stop giving a shit.

I expect new stuff in about 2 or 3 trailers, TBH.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1306  July 10, 2021, 06:19:04 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
id be ok if the roster was smaller if it meant they actually update their characters rather than just pasting them from one iteration to the next. this is snore inducing.
#1307  July 10, 2021, 07:58:23 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Anything better than XIV is an improvement.
Can't say XV's visuals are top notch or anywhere near SF:V or Tekken 7's level, but it's nice to see KOF in nice 3D renders.

However, the problem lies within the animation department.
They look clunky as hell with the newer models and SNK is reluctant to change that.
Pretty models aside, I want to play a fighting game where I feel like my moves are connecting and are flowing nicely.
#1308  July 11, 2021, 01:38:26 am
While I would like to see something new this is nothing new for SNK.
its always been like this, with recycled assets and whatnot.

Could care less about Ramon and Vanessa and that other big tit waifu, forgot her name, the trailer before Vanessa.
They could have done something fun and bring Rick in to the mix but no.
I swear if Rock is DLC I will flip my shit.

Chars I would love to see.
Rugal
Raiden
Goenitz
Orochi Shermie
K
Kasumi
Geese
Maybe bring Hibiki instead of Nako this time around or Shiki ?
Yamazaki
Whip
Rock
Lin
Maybe bring Tia to kof ?
Marco ?
Bonne Janet ?
Kain ?
Rosa ?
Hotaro ?
and someone new in general, given how Terry is  fighting EX layer I wont mind seeing Skullo or Doctorine Dark in kof as DLC.

I could care less about the lore just make a fun game.
SNK has such a wide range of chars and yet they bring Yuri and etc back.

Edit:
Looking at the Luong trailer she loos kinda fun reminds me of Juri in a way.
I have only fought her in XIV never played her.
Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:48:26 am by PeXXeR
#1309  July 11, 2021, 07:53:39 am
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
With Ramon back, I'm guessing he's gonna partner up with Angel and King of Dinosaurs again? I'd be down for him partnering up with Raiden or if he decides to use the Big Bear (Face) persona in contrast of Tizoc using his heel King of Dinosaurs gimmick.
#1310  July 11, 2021, 10:43:04 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Hope that Rock returns, even if he'll came as a solo character.

Well, K' is already confirmed tho. Probably Geese and Yamazaki will return.
And since the pachinko franchises were sold, i think if the Another World Team returns there will be two characters from other franchises along with Nakoruru.
Maybe... Eri (Metal Slug) and Jeanne (World Heroes)?
#1311  July 11, 2021, 01:03:50 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper

And since the pachinko franchises were sold, i think if the Another World Team returns there will be two characters from other franchises along with Nakoruru.

Marco, Eri and Fio? Now, wouldn't that be badass.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1312  July 11, 2021, 03:37:12 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Yes, I would love some ADK team. with characters you can see in NGBC or not.

Also, sure it would be nice to see character from non-SNK licences as well. My hope are this kof is not "KOFXIV.2"
Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 10:56:29 pm by Nedflandeurse
#1313  July 12, 2021, 12:27:11 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.

Also, sure it would be nice to see character from non-SNK licences as well. My hope are this kof is not "KOFXIV.2"

So, I was browsing in the snk fandom and I saw Koudelka there...what if there is a reference to that?
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1314  July 12, 2021, 05:12:23 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

So, I was browsing in the snk fandom and I saw Koudelka there...what if there is a reference to that?

Really few chances I think.
I checked and seems like SNK only published this game. nothing else (and just for japan)

But yest, it could be interesting to see something from existing games.
#1315  July 13, 2021, 04:49:07 pm
Or maybe she might team up with Haohmaru/Hanzo/Galford/kyoshiro? They might be the team to deal with Mizuki Rashojin since she is suspected to have revived?

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#1316  July 14, 2021, 01:21:19 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Honestly I just don't see a full Samurai Shodown or Metal Slug team happening. In the case of Metal Slug not only would the characters be redundant among themselves but also with the Ikari team. As for SamSho, you'd end with a full team of swordfighters going against an entire roster of hand-to-hand fighters, balance be damned. I could see one of each appearing as part of a team or as DLC though.

If anything, I would prefer if SNK did what they did with Ralf, Clark, Athena, Kensou and Maxima, where they took an existing character from another franchise and remade it entirely just for KoF.
#1317  July 14, 2021, 03:14:55 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#1318  July 14, 2021, 03:19:59 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
0_0 remember the metal slug inspired stage we saw during the ralf and clark trailer, and we discussed about adding a metal slug character in? out of all the metal slug characters to be including in this kof game, it's bound to be the main antagonists of both metal slugs 2 and 3: marspeople

which makes sense considering that marspeople did appear in a crossover game called neo geo battle colliseum

edit: and let's not forget: ralf and clark did appear at metal slug at some point called metal slug 6 which came out 15 years ago and leona appeared in metal slug too as well
Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 03:30:06 am by drewski90
#1319  July 14, 2021, 03:32:49 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#1320  July 14, 2021, 04:03:11 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
God dammit