YesNoOk

DJMouF Goku & Vegeta ( Day B4 My Birthday) Release 02/07/2020 (Read 46801 times)

Started by DJMouF, February 08, 2020, 12:02:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: DJMouF Goku & Vegeta ( Day B4 My Birthday) Release 02/07/2020
#41  February 10, 2020, 08:28:54 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

SNK Chars should be easier coding-wise, but that's mostly my guess.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#42  February 10, 2020, 08:57:44 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
I hear ya Yuga..But I haven't ran across anyone coming at him an his mistakes like that unless I missed it. But you're right though. I just know the work I do and how much I put into it is not worth the bs in here with the trashy garbage folks in here that do the stuff they do. I've been saying from the beginning since Bardock and Vegeta and also the thread of Goku project that I'm still learning as I go. These guy been vets and doing this since I was still in my younger days. I only have 3 chars now. I had a collaboration on one of them because he seen the vision I had for him and I done about 75%. And Mr Ansatsuken did the rest and polished him up. So if you ask me I think I'm doing alright for what I've accomplished within just these few chars that no one has attempted to do this style. Like I said before I've been waiting on people to do these chars in this style for years and no one has tried as far as I know. So I got tired of waiting and took matters into my own hands

Raging yeah you're right about that and again the selected few are character no one has done yet in this style, but I won't be posting anything on here. If anything I'll just select ppl to do private rest and let them give their feedback.
#43  February 10, 2020, 11:05:08 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I'll give you my honest opinion about this, you don't need to respond, and I'll not talk about it anymore after that because it would be derailing the thread. Anyways...

This happens to all creators, it happened to me too. No one is perfect, people will point out errors on our work all the time. The thing is how you react to it. Just take what they showed to you and fix it, is that simple. It may sound like they are bashing you/your work but they are not. When I released my first char, all I heard was "this needs more work, this hitbox is terrible, that move is weak and useless" and so on. I became frustrated at first, but I fixed everything anyway and updated the char. And you know what? If it wasn't by those kind of comments, I wouldn't have learned how to make decent hitboxes, for example. I went to study official fighting games hitboxes after that to have a better idea of how they work. I reworked everything that I could until I make my char solid. Months after that, I went to see my release thread again, I read everything they said and all of that didn't sound harsh the second time, AND, I'm even more friendly close to some of these people now that I always send my chars to them for beta testing before releasing.

What I'm trying to say is: don't get discouraged because of that, just take what they say, fix, improve, update, and that's it. It's normal to make mistakes. This is just more experience to you. :)
#44  February 10, 2020, 01:29:11 pm
Deatscythe and yuga are right you know
We can only encourage you
Thank you for your work
#45  February 10, 2020, 02:15:58 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I think that in fact, when someone release a character, then in his brain the work is often considered as finished. I'm also working like that.. When I release something (well in the past xD) I was cleaning my mind about it.. And if somebody, like Saikoro back in the day or MugenNoobin or even HungryWolf had criticism... I had to put my head again in this piece of work, and it asked me a lot of energy, most of the time bad energy.
I think that for people like me, we have to accept the fact that when we release, this is not completely done. We have to keep in mind that things will have to be fixed, like this it'll be less a pain.

After I agree, people can say things the good way for it to be constructive.
Thank you for your characters, DJMouF. I'll put them in my Mugen at the good moment and I really hope that you'll have time and strengh to release more. ;)
#46  February 10, 2020, 07:36:31 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
I get what all of you guys are saying. I guess it's just how to go about things. I do things in a way to not make anyone feel like the character is not good. I encourage people to work on it as well as point out mistakes. If I make a video about your work I wouldn't title it no bs like that...  when could've simply put errors within the supers or something along those lines as a title. But I've talk to multiple people and they said that those particular people who made the video and the other guy who's riding him are some aholes lol. A lot more was said to me about them but I'll keep it at that Lmao hahahaha. So more people understand than I thought. But yeah you guys are right I'll ignore the ignorant negativity and keep it pushing.
#47  February 11, 2020, 04:32:35 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Issues are fixed Updated Link on 1st post.
The Effects that were mentioned in Vegeta's specials are actually made right but I did make an adjustment on it. But actually it's how I have the animation(s) set up within the attack. That's why it had you guys thinking it was something off with the timing. But the Elbow Rush Effect needed and adjustment due and Super that follows afterwards.
Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:38:21 am by DJMouF
#48  February 11, 2020, 10:02:30 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Last bit of feedback after I noticed on this update:
-Standing HP and HK does too much damage compared to Vegeta's (Chaining his 3 basic attacks together with a rush attack does as much damage as a super and needs a nerf).
-The dash dust now has no sound effect (I think you should just remove the dash completely since Vegeta can't dash either and the run is more than enough).
-His back punch throw is the same as his back kick throw.
-The intro where he appears and hops twice should have two landing effects when he touches the ground.
-The Dash Scatter Attack doesn't connect when it hits at the end and I think it's missing a frame during the startup.
-The EX Move Explod is still misaligned on his EX Dash Scatter Attack (It's placed on his foot instead of his chest like the EX Kaioken Attack).
-The opponent parrying Kaioken Attack will hit successfully instead of failing.
-I also noticed he only grunts when he does his basic attacks while standing, not crouching or jumping (It should be set at random for each position).

Vegeta:
-He doesn't have the same projectile hit sound as Goku's (Supposed to be the CvS2 one, not the DBZ one for PotS style consistency. Forgot to mention this).
-I also noticed he only grunts when he does his basic attacks while standing and jumping, not crouching (It should be set at random for each position).
-The 2nd hit of his punch throw has no envshake.

That's should be all of it before converting them to 1.0. Vegeta has only a few aesthetics issues left. I hope you also consider giving them new lifebar portraits before then. I kinda understand you wouldn't have them yet as it would take a while to convert them to the right palette, unless you don't know how.

But honestly, I don't think your work is bad at all. In fact, I consider it better than anything made by Nexus Games or chuchoryu due to how complex the coding is. Don't feel pressured though negativity. I got that as well when I released my MvCSI God Ken for the first time. People criticize me back then for not being source accurate to MvC3 even though it's not supposed to and was originally a tribute to DCL's creations. I decide not to work on that anymore and just stick with aesthetic feedback as I have a good eye on those. It's also too aged for today's standards and still used Winmugen.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#49  February 11, 2020, 10:31:31 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
SolidZone Man I appreciate that. Really man. I'll get to it and if it's anything I don't understand how to fix I'll be sure to let ya know
#50  February 11, 2020, 10:33:09 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Never give up!
#51  February 11, 2020, 10:35:18 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Hahahaha. Yeah Akito man I'll be at it til I get everything finished up so I can go ahead and convert him.
#52  February 11, 2020, 01:59:22 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
This looks great man.
Downloading.
#53  February 11, 2020, 04:14:34 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#54  February 11, 2020, 10:41:24 pm
    • USA
With my last remaining feedback and the small portraits by CozySquirtle, that should be everything before converting them to 1.0. However, I got this when I swapped Vegeta's new small portrait since I wanted to see how they look in-game beforehand:

Error detected.

Can't load Sff.sff
Error loading chars/Vegeta/Vegeta.def
Error while precaching
Can't load Sff.sff
Error loading chars/Vegeta/Vegeta.def
Error loading p2

Clipboard tail:
Stage loaded OK
  Allocating helpers...OK
Match RNG seed: 122061086
Reset persist vars team 0
Reset persist vars team 1
Player Goku cache count increased: 1
Loading character chars/Vegeta/Vegeta.def...
  Loading info...OK
  Loading cmd command set Cmd.cmd...OK
  Loading cns Constants.cns...OK
  Loading cns States\Normal.st...OK
  Loading cns States\Special.st...OK
  Loading cns States\Super.st...OK
  Loading cns States\Helpers.st...OK
  Loading cns States\Custom.st...OK
  Loading cns States\Vegeta.st...OK
  Loading cns Config.txt...OK
  Loading cmd state entry Cmd.cmd...OK
  Loading common states common1.cns...OK
  Loading sff Sff.sff...Character Vegeta.def failed to load

Goku still works fine with the new small portrait, so something is wrong with the SFF and is causing the character to no longer work. And don't forget to set the ground and index to (1,1) when putting the small portrait in as the colors are set to SSJ ones. Otherwise, the palette will be stuck to SSJ.

Also, pal.defaults in Vegeta's def fine has more than 12 numbers and I don't think it can read more than that as all the numbers are black except for 4 in Fighter Factory.
#55  February 11, 2020, 11:00:37 pm
    • USA
@SolidZone 26: That was probably a mistake on my part. I wasn't fully awake when I was posting this morning, didn't have that cup of joe, yet, haha. Anyways, try this:

I set it to the default palette. Hopefully, it fixes your problem.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#56  February 11, 2020, 11:31:05 pm
    • USA
It seems that it still didn't fix the crashing issue as it telling me it's an "Out of Memory" error and it only happens if Goku and Vegeta pair against each other, so it much be something wrong with the characters themselves. However, it did fix the portrait itself as the previous one kinda messed up the colors on the teeth when using other palettes, but that won't show in-game if you are using 1.1 due to a bug. All I did was swap the small portraits with the new ones and save it on Fighter Factory Studio, so why does it crash now?
#57  February 12, 2020, 12:00:45 am
I understand some of your frustrations man, I have even defended you in the video thread a long time ago.
Also, when someone is giving you feedback on a char dont put your selfworth if you will into it.
Have fun while you  make your char take the feedback as it comes and do your thing.
There's no need to stress about it. Change the parts you agree on and keep the ones you don't agree on.
#58  February 12, 2020, 04:39:41 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
PeXXer I appreciate that and I'll definitely take note about certain things I don't want to change.
OAN: I'm just now seeing these recent posts on here. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I haven't had a chance to work on him today due to work. I should be resuming the fixes tomorrow. I'll text out the portraits and see if I get any errors or anything.
#59  February 13, 2020, 09:11:14 pm
    • USA
#60  February 13, 2020, 09:39:06 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
IDK if this has been answered before, but Mouf, do you have plans for a 1.0 version of these two?