YesNoOk

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Read 751088 times)

Started by SNT, December 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
#941  September 27, 2020, 07:21:07 pm
    • Brazil
If Soul Calibur 6 is still gonna get DLC, I don't think Tekken 7 getting it is that surprising. I like when companies keep their fighting games fresh and alive for a long time, it feels like a waste when they're dropped too soon.
#942  October 12, 2020, 08:49:14 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Just wanted to share.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Was able to make my own personal-use, coin-operated arcade machine in under 50 USD using two zero-delay PCBs I had lying around. Tested from Tekken 1, all up to Tag 2, and was able to simulate the "arcade feel" of dropping coins/tokens also, as long as arcade mode is selected, as pressing the START button will make the NEW CHALLENGER function activate.

(I'm now in the process of buying a Chinese Vewlix control panel from Alibaba, to really make it feel like the arcade (though I am aware official Tekken machines these days use the Namco Noir control panels, but mind you, it's pretty abundant in my country to see clones of Tekken Tag 2 sporting Chulix arcade machines as their platform.)

I'm now here, asking for assistance, since it seems that Tekken 7's console port has removed the NEW CHALLENGER feature in arcade mode, thus limiting my options to replicate the token function commonly seen in arcades. Has anyone figured out how to bring back that feature in T7's PC port? Or is it actually still in the game, and I'm just missing something?

Any input would be appreciated!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#943  December 02, 2020, 04:17:55 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#944  December 02, 2020, 06:42:23 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Karnov, huh? BAAAALLOOOOON.

Would not hold my breath for this guy, but hopefully maybe R@ce Akira, n' Dampir creates him in more CVS. I mean, that's how I see Karnov making a "return" of sorts if any.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#945  March 21, 2021, 10:33:25 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

You had one job to not include a new female character with foot fetish appeal and you failed. Shame on you Bandai Namco (and for those of you who are wondering yes I am autistic)
#946  March 21, 2021, 10:38:11 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#947  March 21, 2021, 11:03:34 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm curious at what The_None's impressions of Lidia are considering this is the first Poland rep in a fighting game (at least in something mainstream as Tekken) and he is from Poland too.

Also the new stage being the Poolside inspired from Tekken 5 with the return of sex appeal Lee Chaolan was unexpected.  Nice.
#948  March 21, 2021, 11:41:13 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
She looks like a Virtua Fighter character or a DOA character with that silver hair and stuff.

And what's with Bandai Namco and their obsession with adding fast, easy looking strings for new characters?
Her movements remind me of Leroy and that's NOT a good sign.
#949  March 21, 2021, 11:50:05 pm
The sunset shade and "dream training" night make it look odd but she's clearly just blond in that end card. But yeah, she does look kinda VF-y.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#950  March 22, 2021, 12:08:03 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
She looks cool. I just hope that, balance wise, she is far from leroy and fahkuram. Its pretty crazy how the last 2 dlc were complete balance nightmare.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#951  March 22, 2021, 12:57:30 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
what's with Bandai Namco and their obsession with adding fast, easy looking strings for new characters?
Her movements remind me of Leroy and that's NOT a good sign.
I'd like to think this whole thing started the moment Murray was promoted to Main Director since Season 3 and lead to some wacky stuff like Japan Evo 2020 Top 8 and Hellsweeps being auto trackable that had to be quickly taken out.

For Lidia, she does seem like something out of DOA, and I can see why people are comparing her to Hitomi there.  Her eyescar is rather funny to me like they were finding ways to make her stand out.  Why not give her scars on her shoulders and back while you are at it?
Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:33:17 am by Kirishima
#952  March 22, 2021, 01:25:03 am
    • Brazil
She is extremely boring... not that other characters haven't been, but, I expected less of that, not more...
#953  March 22, 2021, 03:00:26 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
The problem is that all the new female characters have a typical "pretty face" to them.
Tekken 7 brought Kazumi, Josie, Katarina, Lucky, Master Raven, Kunimitsu and now Lidia.

Tekken 6 brought Zafina (sexy Egyptian assassin), Leo (androgynous Chinese Martial artist) and only one new pretty "girl", Alisa.

New audiences must love that porcelain doll face since almost every single one of them looks like a copy & paste versions of themselves.
#954  March 22, 2021, 03:34:49 am
    • Brazil
They could at least do something with her moveset, then, she has nothing interesting going on for her and hell, some of the characters you mentioned have something different going in their design (even when they're copying other characters, hello Master Raven and Kunimitsu), which is more than what this girl got.
#955  March 22, 2021, 06:14:01 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
she looks great
#956  March 22, 2021, 08:43:57 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
it's weird that any fighting had made a character with multi personalities so they can create effects where the character face changes between several faces, not standard character like this girl or like Zafina my favorite one she looks so unite :)
Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:50:42 pm by yaret
#957  March 22, 2021, 09:28:36 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

They could at least do something with her moveset, then, she has nothing interesting going on for her and hell, some of the characters you mentioned have something different going in their design (even when they're copying other characters, hello Master Raven and Kunimitsu), which is more than what this girl got.
They went for a morr realistic aproach to karate, because hadokens are not thrown in real life.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#958  March 22, 2021, 09:33:27 pm
    • Brazil
Except this isn't real life and was never like real life... And even if it was, it doesn't excuse her boring design...
#959  March 22, 2021, 10:30:37 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Then you prefer a big boobed waifu in Tekken? Dude, you're constantly saying how a videogame MUST be. Is there a game that you ACTUALLY like? You find her design boring and some other will find her a good direction. Copernico said some centuries ago that Earth spins around the Sun. Not around you :/
I swear there was something cool here!!
#960  March 22, 2021, 11:29:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I really dig her design.
Both fighting clothes and grey suit in the cinematics.

But for some reasons I expected some sambo-like based character, or assassin style (even if we already have this particular last one)
I'm a bit sorry this is just one more Karate-like character, even if the realistic one is a good thing. (Kind of similar to DOA's Hitomi)
I still feel she look a bit "simple", a bit like Leo when she first appeared in Tekken 6.

Perhaps after trying her, I will change my mind.

I first had this feeling for Josie, and finally had good surprise when playing her.

At least it is a new comer!