YesNoOk

Nega Ryoupdated Nega Joe updated, Boss sagat updated, Shin Vega Updated. (Read 4251 times)

Started by Kamekaze, January 11, 2009, 08:58:54 am
Share this topic:
Nega Ryoupdated Nega Joe updated, Boss sagat updated, Shin Vega Updated.
#1  January 11, 2009, 08:58:54 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

Whats been fixed:
Zanretsu ken bug fixed
Throw bug fixed
AI update.
other bugs fixed.
added spawn effect on kou' oh ken

Nega Ryo:
Well I guess I'll start with his tl:dr story.

My first char of 2009. Ryo encountered Nega Joe a year after Sagat was defeated by him. He saw Joe walking away from a completly destroyed village. Seeing the chaos he caused, Ryo was enraged and attempted to defeat Joe. It appeared as if he defeated him untill Joe used his nega power to reginerate as well as become twice as powerful. The fight then appeared to end in stalemate, but Joe then suprised ryo with his Raging Typhoon. The battle was over. Ryo awoke several days later and noticed his skin was pale and his eyes red. He also learned that he was losing control of his own body. With that in mind he chases after Joe for revenge and hope that it will stop this deity from taking his body completly.

What to expect:
-Barely any accuracy to any source game. It's a good thing trust me.
-Uses my Nega system 2.0, where as joe still uses the 1.0
-No super armor like Joe
-heh, just let your inhibitions run wild with this and have fun.
-He is a bit high-res but only to his N-gauge. so doubleres = 4 or just mugenplus for best results

Boss sagat:
Added intro against Nega Ryo
AI update.

Shin vega:

tweaked %100 shin AI
needed to be updated to work with updated Boss sagat

Nega Joe:
fixed super armor bug
Added intro against Nega Ryo
tweaked some visual only stuff, nothing that effects gameplay.

http://club-syndicate.net/kamekaze/
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:28:22 pm by kamekaze
Re: Nega Ryo released, Nega Joe updated, Boss sagat updated, Shin Vega Updated.
#2  January 11, 2009, 12:24:11 pm
    • Thailand
[opinion/feedback]

- the intro could use some helpers to keep the camera from moving, that way you don;t have to worry about it ever messing up or moving during the intro; i think it would add fluency to that intro

- The running animation is either aligned incorrectly or doesn't loop correctly.

- i think the standing collision box is too big. especially when compared to the walking animation.

- the collision boxes on the running animations should stay consistent; usually three collision boxes is enough simple and dos the same job as the ones you have. Default clsn is all you need for that really

- the point above this one applies to The Jumping animations and the back dash animations.

- the collision boxes on the guarding animations are absolutely crazy, they don't look right.
        i. Here's what i will suggest, after correcting the standing animation clsn, copy & paste the clsn default from that into all of the standing guard animation and all of the standing get animations. the same should be said for copying the crouching clsn for the crouching animations(guard and hit). As can be said the air animations too.

- try and keep the clsn consistent on sprites that are the same, for example, animations 5030 & 5035, the first frames of the both animations change. just copy paste the clsn code; that's much faster than making them up again.

- you know what i'm going to end the clsn talk with this; i think you should redo most of them you should be able to tell which ones and make them simpler and consistent. As i mentioned before this is especially necessary for the get hit animations.

- it's hard to combo any of the basics based off of the combo system you have set up >_>

- the light punch has more push-back than medium and hard =O

- the throw is not configured correctly i think. Holding back should make him throw back and fwd forward. It's kinda backwards now.

- he crouching hard kick(sweep) doesn't fully complete it's animation; or at least it doesn't look like it does.

- the jumping high punch doesn't look aligned correctly; neither does the jumping medium kick

- the rolling doesn't feel as fluent as i think it could be. :P

- the kouken looks like it comes out of no where while you do it standing and the collision boxes are too huge IMO.

- when doing the lower and medium version of Koho, Ryo goes into the ground a little before landing.
        i. I think it's too slow when he goes up and goes down.
       ii. The vels he gives to the opponent during Koho contact doesn't feel natural. i think y.acell=.5 should make that feel a lot better.
      iii. You also have in the readme that this can be done in the air, that's incorrect from my testing. Maybe you meant to put that in the move above it.

- when ryo is being tripped it sorta jerks a little; just something  thought i would throw in the midst of special feedback =O

- i think Moko raijin is way to slow and has no feeling to it on move contact, add some power to it using envshake or more hitpausetime or something. I think it would also make more sense he sent the opponent strait into the ground.

- i think adding some random animations to the opponent during Zanretsuken would make it look better

- i think the variation are cool; how about randomizing the power subtraction to make up for some of the damage they do in the stronger versions?

- when the opponent is stunned from Tenchi Haou Ken, thy don't bounce, this makes it unappealing to me, you can just copy and paste the common states to get that effect by sending the opponent into the newly copied states. You cal look at my Miyako to see how i did it. fairly easy though, so you shouldn't need to.

- when i trow while in true evil mode, something funny happen, check it out it stops the battle due to faulty custom states.

- the instant kill is absolutely awesome.

- i think another normal special ko background could be used rather than p.o.t.s's
[/opinion/feedback]

Overall i think with a few tweaks and what not this ryo can be a very nice addition to anyone's roster. the system seems very familiar, like a mix of many different systems.  :P

Cheers,RajaaBoy :thumbsup:

Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:40:17 pm by Rajaa
#3  January 11, 2009, 04:40:30 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
[opinion/feedback]

- the intro could use some helpers to keep the camera from moving, that way you don;t have to worry about it ever messing up or moving during the intro; i think it would add fluency to that intro

The camera shouldnt be moving at all. Well it never did while i tested on various stages, but ill look into it.

- The running animation is either aligned incorrectly or doesn't loop correctly.

I was told that i was missing some sprites here and there, that much i have nothing to do with because i didnt rip them.

- i think the standing collision box is too big. especially when compared to the walking animation.

will look into it

- the collision boxes on the running animations should stay consistent; usually three collision boxes is enough simple and dos the same job as the ones you have. Default clsn is all you need for that really
- the point above this one applies to The Jumping animations and the back dash animations.

- the collision boxes on the guarding animations are absolutely crazy, they don't look right.
        i. Here's what i will suggest, after correcting the standing animation clsn, copy & paste the clsn default from that into all of the standing guard animation and all of the standing get animations. the same should be said for copying the crouching clsn for the crouching animations(guard and hit). As can be said the air animations too.

- try and keep the clsn consistent on sprites that are the same, for example, animations 5030 & 5035, the first frames of the both animations change. just copy paste the clsn code; that's much faster than making them up again.

- you know what i'm going to end the clsn talk with this; i think you should redo most of them you should be able to tell which ones and make them simpler and consistent. As i mentioned before this is especially necessary for the get hit animations.

I dont really consider clsn's to be a big deal as long as they cover up the red when they should, but your attention to detail is a good thing coming from someone still new to the game(from my standards your still new XP ive been around 2.5 years)

- it's hard to combo any of the basics based off of the combo system you have set up >_>

- the light punch has more push-back than medium and hard =O

I thought i fixed that before this was even close to release, well its fixed now and i will update when i get more bug reports.

- the throw is not configured correctly i think. Holding back should make him throw back and fwd forward. It's kinda backwards now.

While checking that, I found another bug my self. So i guess a update will be out today.

- he crouching hard kick(sweep) doesn't fully complete it's animation; or at least it doesn't look like it does.

Blame the ripper.

- the jumping high punch doesn't look aligned correctly; neither does the jumping medium kick
High punch was off a pixel or so, again loving the attention to detail.  :sugoi:

- the rolling doesn't feel as fluent as i think it could be. :P
care to explain a bit more?

- the kouken looks like it comes out of no where while you do it standing and the collision boxes are too huge IMO.
On the projectile or ryo?

- when doing the lower and medium version of Koho, Ryo goes into the ground a little before landing.
        i. I think it's too slow when he goes up and goes down.
       ii. The vels he gives to the opponent during Koho contact doesn't feel natural. i think y.acell=.5 should make that feel a lot better.
      iii. You also have in the readme that this can be done in the air, that's incorrect from my testing. Maybe you meant to put that in the move above it.

I never noticed that but ill look into it.

i. i based it mostly on cvs vels
ii. the oppoent falls as fast as he does.
iii.that was ment to go on Kou' oh ken

- when ryo is being tripped it sorta jerks a little; just something  thought i would throw in the midst of special feedback =O
That really isn't that important but ill check it out XD

- i think Moko raijin is way to slow and has no feeling to it on move contact, add some power to it using envshake or more hitpausetime or something. I think it would also make more sense he sent the opponent strait into the ground.

cvs vels, thats about the only thing accurate on him. and envshake is used on it depending on the strength

- i think adding some random animations to the opponent during Zanretsuken would make it look better

There are random anims on it.

- i think the variation are cool; how about randomizing the power subtraction to make up for some of the damage they do in the stronger versions?

Well due to it being a guessing game, that would seem redundant. What this means is if you lucky you can pull off alot of damage.
- when the opponent is stunned from Tenchi Haou Ken, thy don't bounce, this makes it unappealing to me, you can just copy and paste the common states to get that effect by sending the opponent into the newly copied states. You cal look at my Miyako to see how i did it. fairly easy though, so you shouldn't need to.

Didn't really see that as a big deal, cause I was gonna do that. I changed my mind though.

- when i trow while in true evil mode, something funny happen, check it out it stops the battle due to faulty custom states.
Thats been fixed already, like i said update should be out later today.

- the instant kill is absolutely awesome.

8)
- i think another normal special ko background could be used rather than p.o.t.s's

Lol I've had it for so long that it didn't strike me as much to change it. I remember when i asked for it back when sagat was first made.
Overall i think with a few tweaks and what not this ryo can be a very nice addition to anyone's roster. the system seems very familiar, like a mix of many different systems.  :P

Cheers,RajaaBoy :thumbsup:

Feedback noted and appreciated.
#4  January 11, 2009, 05:15:08 pm
    • Thailand
You should have used JNP rips, already perfect axis, with nothing missing :P

The camera does move when he goes back to his standing state from the jump in; maybe it depend on the stage or something.

But i think the clsn are a big deal when it comes to hit animations. Lets say you are standing and your opponents decides to do a shoryu reppa, the and the collision boxes hit you in the head; the way you have the collision boxes, it would be possible to miss because the the head moves in the way you have your clsn(especially since they are moving weirdly). the guarding ones just don't look right to me at all.

what i mean by the roll is that the vels don't move smoothly, i can't say it any better; maybe he stops to late or something because i still see him rolling while he's in the lying down part of his rolling animation.

what i meant by the projectile coming out of no where is that it just comes; it doesn't look like the sort of projectile that just appears. My point drawn is that you forgot the power animations that ryo uses when he does kouken

when i did zankenretsu.. i didn't see any randomization, but hey that's what random is.

about the randomization of the supers, yes, it is about luck, but when that luck deals 382 damage points from a level one bar super i think somehting should go =O

Just because i'm new doesn't mean anything. I learn(ed) fast, so saying that doesn't make my suggestions any less considerable :deal2:

Yeah when i did a super finish, i was like huh?! P.o.t.S finish?!  ;P

the Super finish with the intant kill is amazing though, really well put together. :)

Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:30:19 pm by Rajaa
#5  January 11, 2009, 05:48:01 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Strangely, when I try to perform Zanretsu Ken with my gamepad, I often pull out Haoh Shikouken. I think you used too many $ in your commands. Something like ~F,D,B,F should be enough to make Haoh Shikouken simple to perform.
- Zanretsu Ken can be comboed twice in the corner.
- The portrait for Haoh Shikouken doesn't appear every time I perform the move, is this intended ?
- Nega Mode is quite unbalanced, unless there's a typo in the readme. I believe the power shouldn't build up alone in this mode.
- Personal preference, but I don't like the music displayed after the fatal KO. Idea is nice though.
- When Ryo went into Nega mode, the purple effect on the ground was misplaced is Ryo at times.
- When Ryo enters Nega mode, we can see some red squares around his effect.
#6  January 11, 2009, 07:51:59 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Just because i'm new doesn't mean anything. I learn(ed) fast, so saying that doesn't make my suggestions any less considerable :deal2:

Never said it wasn't considerable.

- Strangely, when I try to perform Zanretsu Ken with my gamepad, I often pull out Haoh Shikouken. I think you used too many $ in your commands. Something like ~F,D,B,F should be enough to make Haoh Shikouken simple to perform.

I will address that immediately.
- Zanretsu Ken can be comboed twice in the corner.

That also was something i thought i addressed, ill get on that too.
- The portrait for Haoh Shikouken doesn't appear every time I perform the move, is this intended ?

It's part of the lucky lucky system. the portrait appears when it hits the strongest version
- Nega Mode is quite unbalanced, unless there's a typo in the readme. I believe the power shouldn't build up alone in this mode.

The power build is meant to be there, as seen in nega joe. It is a bit unbalanced, but at the same time. your life slowly drains as well.

- Personal preference, but I don't like the music displayed after the fatal KO. Idea is nice though.

I you can switch the music out if u like.

- When Ryo went into Nega mode, the purple effect on the ground was misplaced is Ryo at times.

Will address

- When Ryo enters Nega mode, we can see some red squares around his effect.

Squares as in where?
Re: Nega Ryo updated, Nega Joe updated, Boss sagat updated, Shin Vega Updated.
#7  January 11, 2009, 09:27:43 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Nega Ryo updated, check first post
Re: Nega Ryoupdated Nega Joe updated, Boss sagat updated, Shin Vega Updated.
#8  January 12, 2009, 12:23:16 am
nice character i like the fatal ko and the music amazing character thanks ;P

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to real music post this in your signature.

That statement is not possibly, mathematically, or statically  true but if you still listen to real music put it in your sig.
#9  January 13, 2009, 11:31:47 am
    • Thailand
[opinion/feedback]

- weird velocities during the roll forward, he starts slding at the end of it, which look unreasonable to me.

- Some of the animation are still incomplete; giving Ryo a sorta choppy feeling

- The hitboxes should still be redone,IMO.

- when Ryo hits the ground he's sorta too low in the ground, which look weird. =O try bring that animation up in the .air fle.

- the Ko'ouken gives almost no push back; i think that removes some of the fluency that it could be brough to Ryo

- i think the y.accel given to the opponent could be a bit faster, the same for Ryo himself; just something i want to suggest again since when playing as him that really annoyed me, especially when i missed.

- How about adding the trip flag for he hittime during mouko saishin, i mean it's a chop form above that hit's you don't, something that i implemented in my ryo for obvious issues of looking more correct; so you don't have o follow it.

- I can understand the random damage and hits on the Super specials, but on the normal ones it seems so un-assuring. I was doing his flying kick where he does the sweep kick into the air then kicks you down. I was sure i was going to kill the opponent with it since the last time i connected it during that match i did 185 damage(with the low version =O), i think leaving that for the supers is a good enough range for the implementation of that feature.

-when i said random animation for Zanretsuken, i meant from, from high and lo get hit animations, just another visual issue i am tinkered by.

- maybe the damage could be increased on Koho, it's currently essentially equal in damage with his Hard standing punch, he low version is even weaker than the standing high punch. I believe in general that the specials should deal a significant amount more than the normals due to them having to be done by more difficult command

- i see you have a roll, bu you have no dodge, i think you would have been better off using JNP rips for this, alot of Ryo's animations just don't feel right, you might even consider redoing the sff with JNP rips; that way you'd have everything and everything aligned. For any future characters; check to see if JNP ripped them first, especially if it's Cvs2 characters.

I know most of my comments are nothing that will effect any gameplay, but i think that with something looking correct it could make you style of creating more fluent as an art.
[/opinion/feedback]

:thumbsup:

#10  January 13, 2009, 05:32:41 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
[opinion/feedback]

- weird velocities during the roll forward, he starts slding at the end of it, which look unreasonable to me.

I thought i fixed that. but ill get to it.

- Some of the animation are still incomplete; giving Ryo a sorta choppy feeling

I never got the sprites for them
- The hitboxes should still be redone,IMO.
Due to me being back in college, i lack the time to do all that detailed work if its not really important.

- when Ryo hits the ground he's sorta too low in the ground, which look weird. =O try bring that animation up in the .air fle.
Not sure what you mean there. most of my alignments  were based on Mr. Fongs. I'll check it out after class.
- the Ko'ouken gives almost no push back; i think that removes some of the fluency that it could be brough to Ryo

I never really saw that as a problem, but as with the other stuff ill check it out
- i think the y.accel given to the opponent could be a bit faster, the same for Ryo himself; just something i want to suggest again since when playing as him that really annoyed me, especially when i missed.

Missed whatt?
- How about adding the trip flag for he hittime during mouko saishin, i mean it's a chop form above that hit's you don't, something that i implemented in my ryo for obvious issues of looking more correct; so you don't have o follow it.

It's a over head, what else do you want from it XD. It hits crouching opponents regardless of guarding.
- I can understand the random damage and hits on the Super specials, but on the normal ones it seems so un-assuring. I was doing his flying kick where he does the sweep kick into the air then kicks you down. I was sure i was going to kill the opponent with it since the last time i connected it during that match i did 185 damage(with the low version =O), i think leaving that for the supers is a good enough range for the implementation of that feature.

i dont recall any version of hien shimpuu kyakku taking 185. infact i just checked. then again im not sure what your talking about with this one. could you be more specific?

-when i said random animation for Zanretsuken, i meant from, from high and lo get hit animations, just another visual issue i am tinkered by.

It randomizes from High get hits to low gethits. 
- maybe the damage could be increased on Koho, it's currently essentially equal in damage with his Hard standing punch, he low version is even weaker than the standing high punch. I believe in general that the specials should deal a significant amount more than the normals due to them having to be done by more difficult command

weak version = 65. medium =81 strong = 95. strong punch = 75. I see what you mean. ill tweak it in future installments
- i see you have a roll, bu you have no dodge, i think you would have been better off using JNP rips for this, alot of Ryo's animations just don't feel right, you might even consider redoing the sff with JNP rips; that way you'd have everything and everything aligned. For any future characters; check to see if JNP ripped them first, especially if it's Cvs2 characters.

dodge,as in Joe, is not included as well as parry. only roll. I have the sprites to it I just am not using it. I never said he was cvs2.
As for the anims that i am using that are missing sprites. I'll look into it.

I know most of my comments are nothing that will effect any gameplay, but i think that with something looking correct it could make you style of creating more fluent as an art.

I have many styles lol. This is just one i havent done since 07', so i didnt expect it to be perfect.

anywho feedback noted and appreciated.
 :sugoi:

#11  January 13, 2009, 10:55:37 pm
    • Thailand
- when i say he goes into the ground a little mean he sorta goes below pos y =10 which kinda erked me when playing with him ;P

- when i said missed, i mean when i missed Koho, i come down like a feather waiting to be blown away.

- Flying chop of madness; o don't know it lacks the impact man, it's not a big deal though, im just making it a big deal :devil:

-Shinpu Kyaku, did 185 damage points one time, i assure you, don't know how but i did notice that the damages weren't consistent; maybe it' possible you let it get that high by mistake.

- That randomization of animations just didn't happen for me during Zanretsuken, i mean what are the possibilities? Do you understand i mean, getting hit in the head and getting hit in the stomach animations.(if that explains it better)

- I didn't mean to say cvs, but i mean dodge roll and no dodge seems weird to me, maybe because i'm used to implementing both :P
    the sprites are cvs, so use JustNoPoint rips or your align will massively suck :deal2:

I hope you know how perfect axis works?
you put in the first sprite un-cropped, align it then insert the rest, since they all have the same canvas sie and wee ripped perfectly then it will align perfectly. if you idn't know. you can crop afterwards. It look like you aligned all of the sprites manually. :P

:thumbsup:
#12  January 14, 2009, 12:51:45 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
- when i say he goes into the ground a little mean he sorta goes below pos y =10 which kinda erked me when playing with him ;P

on kohou right?

- when i said missed, i mean when i missed Koho, i come down like a feather waiting to be blown away.
I actually got complaints on his lack of cool down time (which i dont really see any) so doing that would make him have less.

- Flying chop of madness; o don't know it lacks the impact man, it's not a big deal though, im just making it a big deal :devil:

would you like flames on that too? XD
-Shinpu Kyaku, did 185 damage points one time, i assure you, don't know how but i did notice that the damages weren't consistent; maybe it' possible you let it get that high by mistake.

could have possibly been a chain into it or something
- That randomization of animations just didn't happen for me during Zanretsuken, i mean what are the possibilities? Do you understand i mean, getting hit in the head and getting hit in the stomach animations.(if that explains it better)

I know, its there and it shows up every time for me  :sugoi:

- I didn't mean to say cvs, but i mean dodge roll and no dodge seems weird to me, maybe because i'm used to implementing both :P
    the sprites are cvs, so use JustNoPoint rips or your align will massively suck :deal2:

I couldn't find them at the time i started ryo. so its something ill live with for right now.
I hope you know how perfect axis works?
you put in the first sprite un-cropped, align it then insert the rest, since they all have the same canvas sie and wee ripped perfectly then it will align perfectly. if you idn't know. you can crop afterwards. It look like you aligned all of the sprites manually. :P

I know all about it. just never really used it. mainly cause on my older cvs works, they either didnt come that way or i just didnt know what it was back then(case and point being sagat and joe). I assure you any other cvs work or edit i may do will come perfect axis'd.

[size=3pt]btw u might as well get a msn or something, at least then we would respond faster lol.[/size]
#13  January 16, 2009, 12:59:44 pm
    • www.angelfire.com/moon2/ned
I came across this bug with an effect not dissappearing when i was fighting joe in his nega mode:

idk if you spotted it yet.