YesNoOk

Converting Dosmugen Characters to Winmugen..... how?  (Read 1240 times)

Started by devilmanozzy, November 04, 2009, 05:10:28 am
Share this topic:
Converting Dosmugen Characters to Winmugen..... how?
#1  November 04, 2009, 05:10:28 am
  • What are you looking at?!
    • devilmanozzy.deviantart.com/
Wow its been awhile since I've posted here.

I am trying to either fix the character Darius/Silver hawk (by :kuzu-bei) to work with newer versions of mugen or get a copy fixed. While it has been awhile since i've been using mugen, i'm pretty sure this is a old version character. If this character has already been fixed by someone out there please pm it to me.

So i'd rather just get a fixed version of it. Thats my goal. Works in Mugen 1.0+.
Thanks!

Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:56:53 am by devilmanozzy
Re: Converting Dosmugen Characters to Winmugen..... how?
#2  November 04, 2009, 06:05:03 am
  • Start wearing purple wearing purple ♪
Well, I know that DoS2 Win would not be enough to fix that character.

This is what I did last time to fix it and worked, but seems I didn't save the character at that time...
http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=121197.0

If you can't really fix it with that, just send him a PM asking for it (That dude is still active), I will ask too since I'm lazy to do it again right now. :P

And if he lost it, I'll just fix it again.

Oh also, can you give me the link where you got it? Unless it's esnips, then I don't have a use for it...
#3  November 04, 2009, 06:19:16 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Sometimes this works (thanks to Madkat for telling me how back in 2007).

1. Get MCM
2. Open char's AIR file
3. Open char's SFF file
4. Save char's SFF file
5. Char should now work.

I got Mother Earth's Rosa and Kain the Supreme's Gaibel working with it. Some chars it won't fix like Giacomo Spinicci's ancient shotos.
#4  November 04, 2009, 06:31:58 am
Um, that will absolutely not work on that character since it needs quotes added and code rearranged as the linked topic says.

lol And I'm actually the one who told that to Madkat (good times) but I'm afraid that it's for fixing air files only, also you would still need to fix Mother Earth's characters DEF files first or that wouldn't work at all unless your roster is small so the mugen version doesn't read the DEF.
Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:35:24 am by ☠Guardian Angel★
#5  November 04, 2009, 07:38:11 am
  • What are you looking at?!
    • devilmanozzy.deviantart.com/
Well, I know that DoS2 Win would not be enough to fix that character.

This is what I did last time to fix it and worked, but seems I didn't save the character at that time...
http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=121197.0

While I was unable to fix the file with what he said, I did find that post informative.

If you can't really fix it with that, just send him a PM asking for it (That dude is still active), I will ask too since I'm lazy to do it again right now. :P

And if he lost it, I'll just fix it again.

Oh also, can you give me the link where you got it? Unless it's esnips, then I don't have a use for it...
I got it off esnips as the creator has been offline since 2001 it appears. I asked ☠Vandal Heart★ at the forum but I never did post there so I don't know if he'll help.
New #6  November 04, 2009, 08:06:57 am
Ook then.

I got it off esnips as the creator has been offline since 2001 it appears. I asked ☠Vandal Heart★ at the forum but I never did post there so I don't know if he'll help.

Nah, Vandal Heart is me there, we should ask Parrothead (Just did) If we don't get an answer I'll fix it again.

EDIT: Got and sent.
Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:42:41 pm by ☠Guardian Angel★