YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2634259 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#521  March 14, 2012, 04:34:17 pm
    • USA
I'm pretty sure it was some sort of mistake on behalf SNK Donutman, they never do such stupid thing on purpose... well at least not in the same game :P. Were the chars that were ADDED the ones REMOVED? Do you have the games as when it was first released or something? Didn't you reset the game to it's original state somehow? o_0

I don't know if anyone knew this, but Peter Molyneux left Lionhead Studios and Microsoft, for a new company called "22 Cans".

I don't really like Lionhead Studios, and I don't really like Molyneux (He tricked me into buying mediocre games, the cretin.), but Fable has a fanbase so I thought I would share.

related:

petermolydeuxNOT ‏ @petermolydeux Yes, those of you not in SF can sign up too within that document. #molyjam2012 is for everyone. Join the movement, the time has come.

https://twitter.com/#!/petermolydeux

totally didn't know he's back XD. Should've checked twitter more often than once a month :P
#522  March 14, 2012, 04:54:53 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Hahaha overreacting? Please, people actually paid for the previous version that had all the content that got removed in this shitty update, nothing new added in this update, they basically said "HAHAHA FUCKTARDS GUESS WHAT YOU DONT GET TO HAVE ANYMORE EVEN THOUGH YOU PAID FOR IT AND NOW WE HAVE YOUR MONEY,HAVE A NICE DAY DERP HERP MERP"

Yeah... learn how to read :
*ATTENTION*

Yesterday, THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i Ver.1.02.00 Update was launched via the App Store, however, due to an unexpected error, the game’s 20 characters have been decreased (downgraded) to 14 characters if players update to the latest version.

Please withhold from downloading the Ver.1.02.00 update at this time.

A future announcement will be made in the coming days regarding the correct implementation of KOF-i’s latest update, returning the roster to 20 characters.

* The problem is expected to be fixed in roughly one week.

Thank you for your understanding.
Source : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-king-of-fighters-i/id445305792?mt=8

And to those dissing the iPhone version : it may be the worst device to play this type of games, but at least they're cheap and you can play them whenever you want, in the subway and whatnot, without having to get another handled console. :P
#523  March 14, 2012, 06:20:21 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Handheld consoles in general are also pretty bad for fighting games. But at least those have buttons and pads, playing a fighting game in a tactile screen just feels wrong.
Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:38:23 pm by Cyan Paul

DMK

#524  March 14, 2012, 07:23:11 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS, Nintendo): 10 / 10 / 10 / 10 - (40/40)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3/Xbox 360, Tecmo Koei): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Kurohyou 2: Ryu ga Gotoku Ashura Hen (PSP, Sega): 10 / 10 / 9 / 9 - (38/40)
FIFA Street (PS3, EA): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Pac-Man Party 3D (3DS, Bandai Namco): 7 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (28/40)
Hime Girl Paradise: Mechikawa! Agemori Sensation! (3DS, Nippon Columbia): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 -(27/40)
Attouteki Yuugi: Mugen Souls (PS3, Compile Heart): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Little Busters! Converted Edition (PS Vita, Prototype): 8 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (30/40)
Littlewitch Parfait: Kuroneko Mahouten Monogatari (PSP, Kogado): 6 / 7 / 5 / 7 - (25/40)
DJ Max Portable: Black Square (PSP, Pentavision): 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Hakuouki: Bakumatsu Musou Roku (PSP, Idea Factory): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)

Wow, didn't expect to see such high marks for NG3, perhaps I'll withold my full judgement but there is no way I'm picking that up day 1 nonetheless.
#525  March 14, 2012, 07:48:46 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:00:51 pm by Girard
#526  March 14, 2012, 08:36:43 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
jet set radio has the two extra levels of the japanese dreamcast version also new graffitis, wont have all licensed songs though..(not that i would care about them..important are only the songs from the japanese version anyway)
#527  March 14, 2012, 08:42:39 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Wow Kid Icarus got a 40/40 maybe i need to pick that up next.

Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue might be the next DC games to get released on XBLA/PSN towards the end of the interview they are mentioned
http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=27471

3 more chromosome added to the Namco x Capcom x Sega site
Ken(offchance it may be sissel) and two other one i can't tell

6 minute Fire Emblem overview trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mAnZ40dgI
More Info

The Capcom one is obviously Ken.

The yellow is his hair, the red is his gi, the black is his belt.
#528  March 14, 2012, 08:49:10 pm
  • hecc
@cybaster that wasn't there the day of the update so I  didn't see it, good to know that is getting fixed
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#529  March 14, 2012, 09:03:17 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ see? and you wrote that even without using caps all the time. looks way better!
#530  March 14, 2012, 09:32:36 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
#531  March 15, 2012, 12:39:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
What the hell's up with that particular game store not stocking up on games?

Looks to me that they're just delaying the inevitable. They're trying to stay afloat when it's clear to everyone that this is a sinking ship.
#532  March 15, 2012, 01:04:24 am
    • USA
ToeJam & Earl and ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron available on steam now!  :o

Pal

#533  March 15, 2012, 04:14:41 am
    • Argentina
#534  March 15, 2012, 02:41:36 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
jet set radio has the two extra levels of the japanese dreamcast version also new graffitis, wont have all licensed songs though..(not that i would care about them..important are only the songs from the japanese version anyway)
:wall:

OK first of all, those two levels are from the NA version (and maybe the EU version? I have no idea), not the JP version. Second, the port is still missing songs from the JP version: all the Deavid Soul songs were on all versions of JSR. And just because songs weren't on the super magical JP version doesn't mean they're not important, they were on the disc for a fucking reason.

anyway, now I'm very hesitant about this port; on the one hand, JET SET RADIO <3 <3 <3. On the other, no Yappie Feet or Miller Ball Breakers. Those two were some of my favorite tracks :'(

i also would miss dragula, not joking at all

EDIT: OK House by Idol Taxi is also missing, and while I like it, it's as essential as the Deavid Soul ones were, IMO
Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:15:57 pm by Jmorphman
#535  March 15, 2012, 03:01:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Diablo III Is Coming On May 15

Highly-anticipated hack-and-slash game Diablo III will be out for PC and Mac on May 15, developer Blizzard said today in a press release.
#536  March 15, 2012, 06:34:21 pm
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/15/giant-bomb-bought-by-cbs-interactive/
how's that for a full circle

Just announced in the livestream, Giant Bomb and Comic Vine have been sold to CBS Interactive, and are moving back to the Gamespot building.

For the past couple years, companies have expressed interest in the Whiskey suite of sites, be it investment or straight up being bought out. Jeff, for the entirety of 2012, has been in the middle of business dealings, how they are going to fit in the Gamespot swing of things. Jeff has said "Giant Bomb in its current form will continue to exist."
When asked by the Gamespot staff, what do you guys need, the answer (and the correct answer imo) was "we need a place to put a couch and hang a deerhead."
Screened and Tested are not part of this buyout. They are going elsewhere.
Paperwork was officially signed on Wednesday, March 14th.
At 4pm west coast time march 15, jeff and co are going to the gamespot buildings (the gamespot crew just found out as soon as us users found out, on the stream) and one of the topics they are going to talk about is full disclosure on what explicitly happened in 2007.
If anything, they are going to have to be "more" Giant Bomb than they were before. Somebody wouldn't buy them if they were to go and change who they are.
Ryan Davis - "suffice to say we're going to keep having really bad ideas and keep on executing on those." "trust that those decisions are coming from us"
During GDC, the entire office was being packed up, hence the lack of videos this week.
Part of them going back there is "we will be in charge of editorial"
Brad, Jeff, Ryan, Drew, Patrick, Alexis, Drew, Jeff, Vinny, Alex, .... the core of whiskey media, along with comic vine are making the move over to CBS as well. Joey is not moving over. "there are no immediate plans to being people to the site (staff)"
"Fuck yeah" answer to people wanting to know if they can keep swearing. Actually, it was one of the first things discussed in the initial meetings. "We want to treat you guys like adults."
Will you guys have an exposed brick wall? "they're gonna do some things to the 3rd floor of that building (gamespot level)"
What does this mean for gamebomb.ru? "gamebomb.ru we're sorry to say is not coming with us on this journey"
"fate of nothing. the thing is a workhorse." when asked about the fate of the podcast. "I'm also not going to commit to having video on our podcast"
"I am proud to announce that I have found a copy of Binary Domain" - Jeff
"Do not send mail to the old office. We can not get it there anymore." - Jeff
Are you going to change the way ads are done on the site? "meebo bar is now gone. we are going to be cutting that amazing piece of technology." "we'll be able to hopefully have smarter ads." "members continue to be no ads. that will not change at all."
Reviews are still going to happen on Giant Bomb, even taking into account the plethora of reviews Gamespot puts out.
"What we will be offering in terms of reviews will be different in terms of what Gamespot is doing" - jeff
"Patrick is still going to be out there chasing down news stories"
"we're not going to cut off aspects of giant bomb just because somebody else does them." - jeff
"we want to hustle the gamespot staff at warlords" - the real reason they're doing this.
Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:51:28 pm by Titiln

GOH

#537  March 15, 2012, 07:35:20 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/72869/tony-hawk-confirms-skater-roster-soundtrack-for-hd-revamp

The Tony Hawk series has taken a hiatus since "the unpleasantness," but it's getting a return to its roots with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD. It seems so obvious in hindsight, because of course all we wanted was a downloadable game with the old physics engine and prettier graphics. The series namesake, Hawk himself, has answered a few fan questions.

Hawk appeared on video on the One of Swords blog. First, on the subject of character inclusions, he said that both Chris Cole and his son Riley Hawk will appear. "I've asked [Riley] to be in a couple of the games prior to this one, and he wasn't into it at all," Hawk said. "To be honest I'm surprised that he agreed, but I'm really proud of him because I feel like he's making his own way, and he's definitely a well-respected skater in his own right and very creative." Secret characters will include Officer Dick, Ollie the Magic Bum, and "a few more."

The highly-regarded soundtrack will get a return, at least in part. Hawk says that about half the soundtrack is composed of older songs, while the other half will be new tracks that reflect quality "people have come to expect" from a TH soundtrack.

In other miscellaneous tidbits, Hawk promises five online modes, but can't give details on them quite yet. He also says he hopes it's released on PC, and that it's generating some good buzz that might allow that to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpWNyoO8CiM
#538  March 15, 2012, 09:17:50 pm
    • UK
Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:34:11 pm by 1Ultima
#539  March 15, 2012, 09:33:18 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Please no anecdotal stuff!
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#540  March 15, 2012, 09:45:57 pm
    • UK