YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2636668 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#921  May 23, 2012, 03:18:42 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
That Marvel MMO is the one that's supposed to have Squirrel Girl as a playable character, right?  Looks kind of like Ultimate Alliance gameplay-wise.
#922  May 23, 2012, 03:39:45 am
It's not going to be a MMO if you can't create your own character.  :-\

I remember reading an interview made by one of the shitty developers of it about DC Universe. He was like "Yeah that DC game is pretty good, but no one wants to play as their own creation, everyone just wants to be Batman. That's why for our project, we're going to be doing just that." I'm going to try to fetch a link for it but it made me upset
#923  May 23, 2012, 03:46:32 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
That Marvel MMO is the one that's supposed to have Squirrel Girl as a playable character, right?  Looks kind of like Ultimate Alliance gameplay-wise.

yeah forgot to put the rest of the info.
Today, Marvel and Gazillion Entertainment showed off the first in-game trailer for Marvel Heroes, an upcoming free-to-play MMO set in the Marvel Comics universe, along with new details of the game. Take a look at the short trailer below:

Did the trailer remind you of Diablo? That’s because Gazillion Entertainment’s president is David Brevik, who was co-founder of Blizzard North, the original Diablo and Diablo II developer, before they parted ways with the rest of Blizzard. “Marvel Heroes represents the combination of Marvel IP with all of the knowledge and experience I gained creating Diablo,” Brevik says about the game.

Marvel Heroes will include familiar locales from the various Marvel comics, including Hell’s Kitchen (Daredevil), the Savage Land (X-Men) and Mutant Town. In the Marvel universe’s version of Midtown Manhattan and locales like the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, you’ll be able to meet other players, select missions, buy items from identifiable Marvel characters and so on.

Players will be able to customize their Marvel heroes by finding costumes from each character’s storied history, and by assigning different powers to them. As far as characters go, you’ll be able to recruit a bunch of Marvel’s identifiable characters, going from popular ones like the Avengers to more obscure ones like Squirrel Girl and Ka-Zar.
#924  May 23, 2012, 04:14:21 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#925  May 23, 2012, 04:22:37 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
MMOs where classes are tied to one character and even gender are many.
#926  May 23, 2012, 04:37:43 am
    • USA
Call it whatever the hell you want.  It's game that lets you play as the goddamned Squirrel Girl.  I'm going to buy twelve.
#927  May 23, 2012, 04:44:13 am
    • USA
But it's free to play.
#928  May 23, 2012, 04:45:42 am
    • USA
I don't care.  I'm going to buy twelve.
#929  May 23, 2012, 04:49:03 am
It's whatever. I do wonder where the "Massive" in MMO comes into play for this game though.

DMK

#930  May 23, 2012, 04:49:30 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I'll buy 60 bucks worth of P2W items then.
#931  May 23, 2012, 10:29:00 am
    • USA
Can't catch a break can they.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-23-judge-recommends-us-xbox-360-ban
http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/05/22/46716.htm
A judge has recommended that the Xbox 360 be banned in the US.

Courthouse News reports that Judge David Shaw said the International Trade Commission should use a cease and desist order to ban imports of the Xbox 360 Slim 4GB and 250GB models into the US because, in his view, they infringe on four patents owned by Motorola.

He also wants Microsoft to post a bond equal to seven per cent of the value of unsold Xbox 360s in the US.

The patents at the heart of the dispute revolve around how the Xbox 360 decodes video content. Motorola claims ownership on the tech powering this.

Reacting to this latest decision, Microsoft argued the ban would not serve the public interest because it would leave consumers with only two home console options: the PlayStation 3 and the Nintendo Wii. But the judge rejected the claim, saying it was more important to enforce intellectual property rights. Plus, he wasn't convinced Sony and Nintendo wouldn't be able to meet increased demand.

Microsoft said the suggested seven per cent bond was unnecessary, and recommended it be reduced to 2.5 per cent. Motorola wants it increased to a whopping 100 per cent of the value of the unsold Xbox 360s.

So what happens next in this long-running, complex patent dispute? If the ITC makes the judge's recommendation final, President Barack Obama will then have 60 days to review the decision. After that period expires, the next step is the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

Earlier this month a US judge accused the warring factions of using the US District Court as "a pawn in a global, industry-wide business negotiation".

Judge James Robart said both sides were clearly "driven by an attempt to secure commercial advantage". "To an outsider looking at it, it has been arbitrary, it has been arrogant and frankly it has been based on hubris," he said.

A German court has already ruled in favour of Motorola, granting an injunction prohibiting sales of the console in the country. However, Robart issued a temporary restraining order preventing Motorola from enforcing that decision.
#932  May 23, 2012, 11:24:26 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:31:54 am by GBK667
#933  May 23, 2012, 11:36:39 am
    • Germany

DMK

#934  May 23, 2012, 12:06:44 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
whoa whoa whoa WHOA

Motorola still exist?
#935  May 23, 2012, 01:50:43 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
That's what I've been wondering. I've never heard of anything Motorola related in years.
#936  May 23, 2012, 03:10:51 pm
    • USA
#937  May 23, 2012, 04:13:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#938  May 23, 2012, 07:05:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Oh wow seriously? I really feel sorry for you X-bros now, getting fucked over because of some loophole.

If we're lucky, Motorola will get a nasty backlash for pulling this shit out.
#939  May 23, 2012, 07:12:26 pm
360 owners probably won't be affected I don't think but no one will be able to BUY them until Microsoft pays the court. Microsoft won't let 360s be banned here, I'm certain, but if they do then I don't doubt that Microsoft might cut off Xbox Live for us.
#940  May 23, 2012, 07:32:37 pm
  • SNK is life
cease and desist order to ban imports of the Xbox 360 Slim 4GB and 250GB models into the US
2 models only.