YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1074698 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#661  December 21, 2009, 07:09:55 pm
The only thing Japanese is the fact that there are gods of everything, and that's not specifically Japanese. And then the various creatures which can be pretty much anything you want, and they weren't particularly Japanese. What else was there ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#662  December 21, 2009, 07:15:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The whole bath house ideal is a japanese culture thing, the movie was pouring japanese folklore culture everywhere, the gods were everywhere, they werent european fairies or myths from other civilizations, it was the japanese folklore world the girl sunk into. Its a bit silly to say that there is nothing japanese on a movie about a girl working a bath house serving folklore japanese gods , mountains , rivers and goblins.
#663  December 21, 2009, 07:31:47 pm
But that's, like, two things ("she works in a bathhouse" and "there are gods everywhere"), that definitely did not prevent anyone from understanding the story and I can't see what's bizarre in it. Also again, the whole thing with gods is not specifically Japanese. And to begin with, the witch thing is definitely not Japanese, and that was quite more important than everything else. Other than that, it's an "Alice in Wonderland" copy-paste (magical creatures with weird abilities everywhere), last I checked that wasn't Japanese.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:35:29 pm by Byakko

Mog

#664  December 21, 2009, 07:59:52 pm

Maybe my expectations were too high.  Eye candy was excellent, the story line is from more than one low budget fantasy novel.  And the Russian subtitles were danged annoying!

:bow:
#665  December 23, 2009, 09:36:45 pm
hot rod

it was on tv and i started to watch it (i recognized that guy from the jizz in my pants video) and it was pretty funny :)
#666  December 24, 2009, 08:47:35 am
  • "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
    • m0gl13.webs.com/mugen.htm

yeah haha.....
Movie was okay...Well honestly sayin...it was not scary to me at all.There were some things in movie , which i found unnecessary , but overall its classic so you should give it a try.

Mog

#667  December 27, 2009, 12:44:04 am
Horsemen

ehhhh.....

:bow:
#668  December 27, 2009, 03:50:38 am
wrong turn 3
I'm grateful for the smoking hot chick in the beginning, the rest was just us having fun telling each other what char they are
also hook in the face scene had us cracked up
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#669  December 27, 2009, 05:45:38 am
  • wink wink, nudge nudge
Autopsy
good god.
I didn't even watch the entire movie.
I could tell what kind of movie it was from the first 30 min.

I know this may be a shock, but the movie I started watching on the SyFy channel is a total SyFy Horror movie; It's not that scary definitely not that good, but it was awesomely bad.  Watch it if you're bored or intending to riff on it.
#670  December 27, 2009, 05:47:11 am
  • Fuck You.
Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li.

This movie sucked Mandigo cock.

I will never watch it again.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#671  December 27, 2009, 12:29:34 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/

Wonderful CG graphics. The movie is realy well made, and while the story is basic, it's well set up. It's like 30 minutes of introduction, 1 hour of fantasy and wonderful atmosphere, and one hour of war. Nice ecologist touch in this movie, reminded me of Mononoke Hime a little.

A good watch for everybody, it's even better in 3D obviously.
#672  January 10, 2010, 05:10:37 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Youth in revolt

it had its moments but overall it was terrible, kinda like nick and noras infinite playlist *sigh*. When will micheal cera perform another big hit like super bad  =/
#673  January 10, 2010, 06:23:51 am
  • all is love in fair and war
The 2nd transformers movie ( idunno the exact title)

I barely can see any details on the fights, I don't even see clearly how the robots looked like other than bumblebee. very bad mechanic design trapped into unnecessary details that ruin the basic concept. who cares about bolt and nut or millions of microscopic metal plates, while the general look of the figure is not clear
#674  January 10, 2010, 06:51:47 am
  • Most Hated!
The Watchmen

seen this a while back but I must say this movie has some of the best cinematography I have ever seen before! every scene was shot beautifully! I was like WOW every time. movie was damn good also! and I think I need it on blue ray. this goes in my top 4 best cinematography list.

1. The Watchmen
2. Sin City
3. 300
4. The Matrix
#675  January 10, 2010, 12:55:23 pm
#676  January 10, 2010, 06:43:17 pm
  • wink wink, nudge nudge
um, it's totally Transformers 2:  Revenge of the Fallen.  duh.
noob.
#677  January 11, 2010, 12:37:47 pm

If you get the chance to watch this in 3D then go, but PURELY for the 3D (and don't spend £9.20 for the 3D coz you'll feel ripped off!). The storyline is terrible, it takes about 7 hours until you actually get anywhere in the film. Very cliched and quite pretentious, should have taken a page out of Team America's book and made a montage which they could have easily cut down an hour of the film.

I went over 2 lines reviewing but the movie is just that terrible, I don't wanna spoil the "story" for anyone who does plan to watch it but I'd say only go if you wanna see 3D, there are no other 3D options, and the 3D movie costs less then £5.

I always shine!
#678  January 11, 2010, 02:37:33 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
I Spit on your Grave -

-the movie had some bad pacing.
-movie was ok even at just shock value it was ok.
#679  January 11, 2010, 06:47:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I just saw I am legend, what the heck, that ending made no sense.

After seeing the alternate ending ( on youtubes) it made slightly more sense, but after checking the wiki articles on the book im lead to believe that hollywood needs to neuter everything it touches. He was supposed to be a legend alright, what the heck was that shite with the city of survivors?!
The dude is the vampire of vampires!
#680  January 11, 2010, 07:46:07 pm
  • wink wink, nudge nudge