YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1010208 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#1321  January 24, 2011, 03:13:17 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Vanishing on 7th Street

Cool Idea, badly executed. No explanation for anything.
#1322  January 24, 2011, 04:30:34 pm
  • SNK is life
Quantum of Solace.

I couldn't comprehend how this dull scruffy hooligan got a role for secret agent 007
he is as charismatic as a construction worker,  no style in all his methods other than exaggerated stunts of violence 
You, die now. Daniel Craig is the best thing to happen to 007 during the past 20 years
#1323  January 24, 2011, 04:55:02 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I wouldn't go as far as that, really.
#1324  January 24, 2011, 05:00:21 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
he is browless ugly duck, that still somehow manages to get even uglier when smiling.

you said that because it was non stop action flick, but not so high profile espionage,
the Bond character under his play don't show any usage of brain.
bad guy runs through the roof, bond runs through the roof, 
badguy decide to fight in a collapsing scaffolding, bond fights along,
badguy pull a small knive, bond grabs even smaller whatever sharp object around.

he portrays a very stubborn and physical version of bond, that has no class, simplicity nor efficiency, no wonder cellphone is the only gadget thing he is trusted with.

GOH

#1325  January 24, 2011, 05:01:15 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Sean Connery. Nuff said.
#1326  January 24, 2011, 05:07:50 pm
he is browless ugly duck, that still somehow manages to get even uglier when smiling.

you said that because it was non stop action flick, but not so high profile espionage,
the Bond character under his play don't show any usage of brain.
bad guy runs through the roof, bond runs through the roof, 
badguy decide to fight in a collapsing scaffolding, bond fights along,
badguy pull a small knive, bond grabs even smaller whatever sharp object around.

he portrays a very stubborn and physical version of bond, that has no class, simplicity nor efficiency, no wonder cellphone is the only gadget thing he is trusted with.
are you really blaming him for the script
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#1327  January 24, 2011, 05:18:13 pm
no I blame his scruffy look that made him got that kind of script, I can't imagine him operates a high tech gadget and charms the ladies.

basically I blamed whoever came up with his name in the first time when pierce brosnan retired.
#1328  January 24, 2011, 05:19:17 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
@Navets, bashing Craig (Yes, still "you die")
#1329  January 24, 2011, 05:23:57 pm
  • SNK is life
You do understand this is a "Bond: Origins" kind of movie, right? He's supposed to be reckless, and vengeful, he falls in love passionately and is betrayed, that's why he becomes an emotionally distant ladies man later on in his carreer - he won't make the same mistakes in the future. He's compelling because he's human, he fights, he struggles, he bleeds, he grieves.

He may be "ugly", but Pierce Brosnan was so god-damn pretty and skinny I just could never believe he was actually a SUPER SPY / ASSASSIN, he was just too prissy. This guy I can believe though, and his sex appeal doesn't have to be subordinate with his looks, but more to his attitude.
1989 - 2011 = 22 years?
#1330  January 24, 2011, 05:25:44 pm
  • SNK is life
#1331  January 24, 2011, 05:53:07 pm
based on the proposed actors to replace brosnan, I actually find Dr Doom was a good choice (with some hair implants like nick cage)

daniel craig is too roughly ugly (and old looking for his age), he is cool for the character written for him, but to me he doesn't belong in upper class parties
Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:01:57 pm by Kyojuu Tokusou Navetsea
#1332  January 24, 2011, 05:57:44 pm
  • SNK is life
Ah I see, you like your spies WHIMPY. It's useless to argue then, I refused to watch any Bond movies thanks to Brosnan, but Craig made me curious and started watching Connery's.
#1333  January 24, 2011, 06:04:34 pm
julian mcmahon is badass dont hate

daniel craig is too roughly ugly (and old looking for his age), he is cool for the character written for him, but to me he doesn't belong in upper class parties
he looks perfect with the dirty player look not only in the character written for him but the 007 character as a whole, also he isn't ugly but he isn't outstandingly beautiful either and you should get outside often because you'd be surprised at "uglier" guys getting impossible hotties

in other words his face is exquisite and you should feed your eyes more
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:14:32 pm by .
#1334  January 24, 2011, 06:08:26 pm
i like sean connery, i hate roger moore, i never see lazenby, i like timothy dalton, i like brosnan, i don't like daniel craig
AS BOND

i probably like daniel craig in afghan war movies, or medieval theme, or if someday GTA would be filmed he could fit the role, but not as a secret agent.

GOH

#1335  January 24, 2011, 06:10:50 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Layer Cake. A good movie with Daniel Craig.
#1336  January 24, 2011, 06:25:58 pm
julian mcmahon is badass dont hate

he looks perfect with the dirty player look not only in the character written for him but the 007 character as a whole, also he isn't ugly but he isn't outstandingly beautiful either and you should get outside often because you'd be surprised at "uglier" guys getting impossible hotties

in other words his face is exquisite and you should feed your eyes more

I said charm not get, to get all you need is your wallet or business card.

Jason Isaacs would fit the role better for cold eyed Bond character if that what the director wanted, but he can still fit in the said high nosed parties.
Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:34:36 pm by Kyojuu Tokusou Navetsea
#1337  January 24, 2011, 06:30:49 pm
and I meant charm in there
#1338  February 12, 2011, 07:50:26 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
District 9

this might be my favorite movie ever. i mean holy shit.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1339  February 13, 2011, 12:20:47 am
  • Muda da
    • matgonorstuff.webs.com
Tangled

Funny,but the same as the other movies disney makes

Mog

#1340  February 14, 2011, 12:57:42 am
I thought I'd  try to see all of the films up for best picture for this year's acadamy awards.

So far:

“Black Swan”
Anorexic Natalie Portman masturbating and a lot of ballet.   Not really something I want to watch again, but I do understand why it was nominated.

“The King's Speech”
Historical drama with themes of courage, fear and friendship.  Not what I was expecting, but I would watch it again.

“127 Hours”
I've started to watch it several times but I know whats going to happen and just can't bring myself to sit through that.

“The Social Network”
Facebook!  May or may not watch it again, that one guy was kinda cute.

“True Grit”
Darker and more abrasive than the original with John Wayne.  Jeff Bridges is outstanding and I will watch it again.

:bow: