YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1012937 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#81  February 19, 2008, 07:02:42 pm
  • SNK is life
#82  February 21, 2008, 12:57:17 am
  • ~Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War~
I saw Spiderwick a couple a days ago and it is a great movie I don't want to ruin it for those have not seen it but if you like Fantasy stories check it out, you might want to buy it after, I do
When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.
Confucius
#83  February 23, 2008, 04:54:31 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Jumpers, the plot was god awful, the zwee fighting was cool but not nearly enough of it, the Paladins end up unexplained and their technology isnt really explored nor are they build up into a credible threat even though everyone seems to believe they are.
We never know what happens to Griffith in the end.
#84  February 23, 2008, 07:03:06 am
kamen rider the first....

It was awesome! I had a kick seeing riders from the showa era show up in this time and age redesigned.
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#85  February 27, 2008, 02:16:08 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
Beowulf
-If you like the poem, you are going to like the movie. and i mean like: what would keep anyone from loving it is the fact that it takes several liberties with what actually happens in the poem. It doesnt bother me though, i absolutely loved it. Action, sex, booze, sex, dragons, sex, and cleavage...lots of it...oh and Angelina Jolie...

30 Days of Night
-Didn't even know this was based on a book. Anywho, i loved this movie aswell, gives the typical "vampires are lustful and romantic" image a turn on its ear and kicked out. these vampires are savages, to the point where the only thing they do is strike fear, utilize trap tactics, and kill. oh and ending for me was LOL
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#86  February 29, 2008, 07:26:48 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Black Sheep:
Not the Jack Black movie...but a really corny horror movie, people get bitten by sheep and transform into were-sheep.
Avoid at all costs.
#87  February 29, 2008, 09:36:36 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#88  February 29, 2008, 09:47:38 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Grandma's Boy.
Movie is pretty much an insult to anyone that wants to be in the video game industry, as it paints such folks as slacker stoners that somehow do almost nothing and yet get paid, though this may have been based off the staff of EA.
I usually will watch even a bad movie all the way, but not even gratuitous and obviously fake breasts shoved in the middle of nowhere could make me not turn this when it hit the stoner scene, especially after watching the fat kid from Accepted bury his face in said breasts...yeah look just spare yourself and don't watch this.
#89  February 29, 2008, 10:20:43 am
  • Never give up
Crank = Jason Statham movie http://www.crankfilm.com/

I thought the movie was god awful. The writers need to be fired. They used too many F words. Most of the cursing seemed like it was done for no reason.

Was there a story to this film? Something about a guy being injected with a Chinese drug at the beginning. Now he has to figure out what happened and find the guy(s) who did it before he dies.

I don't know. Some of the scenes were just so damn random. Like the gunfight towards the end. Jason Staham is by himself. He points his fingers at the bad guys(Acting like he's holding a gun), says "bang", one of the bad guys gets shot in he head. All of a sudden, a squad of guys appear behind him. Like some sort of magic trick. I don't remember seeing him do magic in this film. Did he learn this "pull the army out of the ass" trick somewhere?

There are some good scenes....... like...... sorry. I can't remember any good scenes. I know they're in the film. I guess none of them were memorable.
#90  February 29, 2008, 05:11:00 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
i actually liked Crank, mainly cause its almost the pure definition of an action movie: a movie with a fuckload of fucking action.

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#91  February 29, 2008, 08:27:23 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
30 Days of Night
-Didn't even know this was based on a book.

Comic book, I think. At first I was scared after my previous--and first--horror movie experience in a theater (28 Weeks Later; fled after about one hour or so). Then I saw the main actor and was really bored for the rest of the movie. I'm sorry but he was too busy looking pretty and forgot to be scared as far as I was concerned. Seriously. I wasn't horrified at all. (Phew.) And of course there had to be a romance. And of course the guy who gets the most gruesome death was the one who--how utterly un-American---betrayed his own family. XD Edit: I should add that we saw this at a surprise screening--obviously you approach that movie with a different attitude if you went there with the intent to see it.

Longer than two lines cuz it wasn't the last movie I saw.

That was... Earth, the BBC documentary thing that is very IN YOUR FACE about HOW YOU MUST SAVE THE ICE BEARS. I would have desired more actual documentary-style information about the animals shown, and more shark action. Whales bored me after a while. Worth watching for some great images, but too drawn out in places (where more spoken info could have helped).

Before that, Oceans 13. Empty empty empty empty movie goddamn what a waste. Nothing in there for me.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#92  March 02, 2008, 01:27:19 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Watched Smokin' Aces with my significant other earlier today.

I thought the story was fairly intricate without being TOO hard to understand, the action was great, but wasn't completely over the top like some movies tend to do things (see above @ "Crank"). Movie was very straight forward minus a few plot twists that made things a lot more interesting overall. Definitely check this one out if you haven't already.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#93  March 02, 2008, 01:56:25 pm
  • Here's your "Big Bang"
    • randomselect.i-xcell.com/
Death Sentence

Brutal and entertaining thriller that managed to keep me awake all the way through, which is something special in my book.
I never was really a fan Kevin Bacon's films, but he sure was a badass in this movie (in a fatherly figure sort of way).
#94  March 02, 2008, 09:01:12 pm
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
#95  March 02, 2008, 10:23:24 pm
  • corner push pusher
:no: (I'm picky)
============
Death Sentence

Brutal and entertaining thriller that managed to keep me awake all the way through, which is something special in my book.
I never was really a fan Kevin Bacon's films, but he sure was a badass in this movie (in a fatherly figure sort of way).

Watch Death Wish. Or Footloose.

Watched Smokin' Aces with my significant other earlier today.

I thought the story was fairly intricate without being TOO hard to understand, the action was great, but wasn't completely over the top like some movies tend to do things

I liked the story in SA but I thought it could've used more action. It seemed like it was sacrificed in exchange for an intricate story line. With all the build-up in the plot I kinda expected the action to be no-holds barred.

:yes:
====
Jumpers, the plot was god awful, the zwee fighting was cool but not nearly enough of it, the Paladins end up unexplained and their technology isnt really explored nor are they build up into a credible threat even though everyone seems to believe they are.
We never know what happens to Griffith in the end.

Agreed. The entire film is filled with plotholes (how exactly is Roland suppose to get down?).....which was done purposely so the blinded fans are demanded to go see the sequel (considering all the loose ends not tied, there had better be one).
#96  March 02, 2008, 10:37:56 pm
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
Most recent movie I've watched is hitman. By no means a bad movie but, not the best either.
#97  March 04, 2008, 11:08:04 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Blade Runner

Erm. Need to watch it again, and this time it better be a better movie. o.O I expected something more... substantial (on the philosophical level, I mean). I need to re-read Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep as well but I thought the movie would include something it didn't.

Lars and the Real Girl

Solitary, reclusive guy introduces his girlfriend to family & town: a sex puppet. Remarkable because it worked for nearly everybody in the cinema. A very toned-down comedy that's hilarious nevertheless but probably a bit too low-key for some tastes.

No Country for Old Men

Want to see it again (and in English), had trouble sitting still late in the second half and so the movie seemed to get worse as it progressed. Fantastic tension.

The Island

Typical watch-once movie. Never again. I was even a bit disappointed int my low expectations because the film never seemed to get Bay's typical THIS IS A MICHAEL BAY MOVIE, FEEL THE GLORY feeling right. It had glittering stuff and shining images, explosions and a girl, shots of the American flag as usual but . . . no feel-good glory, somehow (as opposed to The Rock and Armageddon, for example). Maybe it was the wrong music.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#98  March 04, 2008, 03:40:19 pm
  • SNK is life
Maybe it was the wrong music.
lol

Yeah, the movie is very trivial. Scarlett Johansson is the only save... because she's hot.
#99  March 04, 2008, 04:09:37 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Mh, Scarlett was strange here. I cut my previous reply short but here's the thing: They just had to have the subplot (err... thing) with "they don't know anything about sex and we also killed their drive for it" and still insert a sex scene. But it was really weird. OMG she's so innocent WATCH OUT bar guy is gonna get you drunk and do stuff to you... but nothing happened, not even a drunk girl (could have been fun). Then they learn about kissing and then their sex drive is back (?) or starts existing or something and... I don't know, the rest was just random cuts with him or her on top of the other one.

Nothing interesting to see, not even awkward OK WHAT NOW? moments no jokes just scenes.

?__?

This after the other guy told the male star (and the audience) that he would be, like, in for a real surprise or a ride or something spectacular. So I dunno, she looked pretty ok but didn't really do anything (not even show skin!) but tag along and in my opinion was sexier in Lost In Translation. :d

Edit: Oh I forgot. I think these two cover all I've seen recently, for real this time. XD

Michael Clayton

A bit long. =/ On the upside, it has Shiva. I like Shiva. Want to see it in English.

Stranger than Fiction

Guy hears a narrator's voice in his head and discovers he's the main character of a book and sets out to find its author in order to prevent his imminent death. Featuring Donnie Darko's sister as the female. Neat. AREN'T YOU RELIEVED TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT A GOLEM?
--R. Scott Bakker
Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:50:35 pm by Sepp
#100  March 04, 2008, 06:47:59 pm
  • corner push pusher