YesNoOk

Battle Craze!! Type-M (Original Fighting Game Project) (Read 36647 times)

Started by Janis L.C.V., May 02, 2020, 12:09:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Battle Craze!! Type-M (Original Fighting Game Project)
#41  June 21, 2020, 03:26:17 pm
Sherm's facial expressions are the icing on the cake, it adds to the humour of the lower frame count of his animations as well as his character. :)

I have made 5 more palettes for Tsugumi and updated my previous palettes to the new template in case you still need them.

All palettes are custom except for the last one (I took one of Akatsuki's Under Night sprites on Mizuumi Wiki and adapted the colours from there).
Spoiler: Updated palettes (click to see content)

I also made 4 more custom palettes for Ajit to even things out.

#42  June 24, 2020, 03:10:11 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I can't thank you enough for your support through comments and palettes. It's good to know I have some eyes on this passion project.

Sherm's sprites are coming out like hotcakes. His code is going to catch up given some circumstances with Kelexo's computer setup.
Spoiler: Page takes a while to load so I'm spoilering animations again. (click to see content)
His FX are rainbow colored, not like a gradient. These colors are going to be added to his palette template, and surprisingly, they don't clog up much. 21 colors for the energy and an extra 21 for the hand imprint.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 01:06:35 am by Janis L.C.V.
#43  June 24, 2020, 03:23:53 pm
No problem at all, thanks for the kind words! I am glad I am able to support this project. :)

I enjoyed making these palettes as the simplicity of the sprite style compliments well with the how the colour separation is arranged.

It's nice to see more of Sherm's sprites and animations as well, I especially like how fluid the last animation is as well as the serious expression he has in his leaping punches rather than the comical expressions seen in his other sprites/animations.

I also look forward to his completed palette template. I am not sure if I am able to think of something clever with the colour spectrum of his effects but hopefully I am able to come up with something. If not, I probably would leave it alone as it is as I think the default rainbow looks good enough.
#44  June 26, 2020, 10:44:41 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
You have my eyes, too. I LOVE how expressive, cartoony and fluid these animations are. They look like they were fun to draw, and that makes me smile. Keep at it! Lovin' everything so far.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#45  June 28, 2020, 01:05:44 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Thank you, the two of you!

More Sherm stuff completed. He's missing a LOT of taunts, and I was kinda tempted to see if the Guild could pitch in for some stuff, but if not, me and the team can do it ourselves.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

玉と碎けよ!
#46  June 28, 2020, 02:09:20 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Since you're going for a really simple sprite style as far as detailing goes, have you thought about using the black color more to imply depth? You could probably put it in key places like bends and creases in certain parts of an animation.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This is a generic forum signature.
#47  June 28, 2020, 03:23:17 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
I had that idea bouncing in my head, but I only held back on it in case someone did want to step up to shade them. I wouldn't even want a super complex style of shading, just the one layer to reflect the kind I do for my own art.

The super edit you did is pretty sweet. The motion blur for the hands is a definite must!

玉と碎けよ!
#48  June 29, 2020, 07:49:54 am
The "Look over there!" animation is shaping up to be one of my favourite animations for Sherm so far, I can hear the stock cartoon tiptoe noises coming from it after he points. :)

As for ideas/suggestions for extra taunts for Sherm, here are some that I thought up of:
- Does a fake fireball, then wags his finger and shakes his head (or alternatively just the latter without the fake fireball)
- Tries to do a fireball but fails and suffers from an arm cramp instead
- Celebrates in victory doing one of Ryu's win poses, then reacts in shock to see that the fight is still going

Hopefully these ideas are alright. I wasn't sure if I was on the right track with them so I also look forward to what you and the team come up with for his taunts.
#49  July 02, 2020, 01:23:04 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
A few of your ideas were implemented, given some of them overlapped with ideas I already had in store.

We are nearing Sherm's completion, although I am gonna keep some other things secret about him for now. To help stave off the wait for the next Craze Cast, here's some dev screenshots, courtesy of DrKelexo.

玉と碎けよ!
#50  July 03, 2020, 03:19:44 am
Nice to see that our ideas overlapped with the third taunt, it looks good in motion! :)

It's also nice to see the rest of Sherm's taunts (which all suit him very well) and some screenshots of him in action.

Looking forward to watching the next stream/VOD!
Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:39:57 am by Gogngos
#51  July 07, 2020, 01:33:24 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Sherm is complete, except for one aspect. I found someone who can voice him, and I'm going to try and get his lines recorded and have Kelexo implement them before I do the next Battle Craze Cast (Which I promise is gonna come to us VERY soon).

His stage is also done. Here's a sneak peek.

玉と碎けよ!
#52  July 08, 2020, 03:18:18 pm
That is nice to hear, I am looking forward to hearing Sherm's voice for the first time. :)

I also look forward to seeing the stage in full. It's nice to see the storyboard and outlining process in the sneak peek as well.
#53  July 21, 2020, 10:47:57 pm
    • pastygames.tumblr.com
I'm a big fan of the animations you got there. Gameplay looks solid too.