YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 150869 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#101  March 18, 2020, 01:27:41 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you very much :)
#102  March 18, 2020, 07:51:54 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
It all looks good. I especially like the select screen arrangement & colors.
#103  March 18, 2020, 07:55:22 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome work Caddie.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#104  March 22, 2020, 09:54:07 pm
    • Italy
We await the release  :gouki:
#105  March 23, 2020, 07:53:38 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you for the kind words everyone!

ELECTR0: Thanks! I couldn't decide what to do til I came up with that and that lead me to changing the whole game into a blue vs red motif. Check out the background in the small portraits in game for a small detail.  :megusta:

As for release, I don't think I'm going to do anything but finish up Mike before the first release. Which means the music will be a lil mismatched between Gameboy and SNES but that'll be fixed by the release after that.

For Mike, my daily goal is one animation per day until he's done. He's got like 10-15 more animations but some of them are either the same as eachother, or I can use them to complete other ones. Shouldn't take too much longer.

Something small, I redid his small portrait again. Think I finally got his mouth and eyes right.

#106  April 17, 2020, 07:08:12 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Mike/release update time! All of the placeholder sprites I made for him are done! But there's a tiny catch. I still have some more sprites to make for him now. I decided I wanted to give him different air normals, but most of that will just be frankenspriting so I can prolly get that done in a day.

Also, I want to add effects to his punches. This will be a little challenging because of the way I'll be doing it, he'll basically have a helper that'll be there to add wind/steam effects to some of his punches. Doing it this way because I think removeexplod is antiquated? IDK I'll figure it out, I usually do lol. But yeah I haven't drawn any of this stuff yet either and I gotta see if I can work with a style that'll fit it. Here's a quick example of why it's important for me to be doing this:

The hit is based more on the wind so it'd be really awkward as is.

Finally, I have to sprite his FFB and program all that junk, shouldn't be too hard. After all that, I have to add voices(I THINK I'm gonna go with Balrog's Street Fighter X Tekken voices, maybe even pitching them a lil), and I wanna make a lil trailer for him and then I'll release the game in its current form. :)
#107  April 18, 2020, 12:21:47 am
  • Wandering....
wow great reinvention of the intro and select screen to full 8bit.
#108  April 24, 2020, 06:46:41 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you very much :)

Quick update, all the air moves are done. Also I did some testing to see what I could do to get good looking effects for his punches without it taking forever and I found something that works so that shouldn't take too long. Not everything that has wind animations from SFV will have it with Mike, should be about 7 or 8 animations. I'm not going to do ground effects(his legs making wind effects) or his arms smoking or anything fancy like that.

His FFB is done, looks great imo. A quick reminder if people don't know what FFB is, it's Balrog's v-skill 2 from SFV. You do a command and it enhances a few of his moves. I might tone down the flashing effect I made(and in the final game that might be removed) but so far I'm liking it, you'll see what i mean soon enough. :) Almost all the programming for it is done too. The hits don't work like they're supposed to yet but the game recognizes and changes the moves I want the FFB to effect when you have it active.

Also I spent a day working on the turn punch and adjusting it to fit for MSF while still trying to make it more like SFV. So it has some buffs and nerfs from the port over.

Because you have less buttons overall, and you're giving up the same amount of buttons to charge the turn punch, I've significantly cut down on the amount of time it takes to charge each version of the TAP in order to make the move more useful. However, I've also reduced the amount of damage it does to fit more with MSF.

The rest of it works the same, there's projectile invincibility in the start up, and upperbody invincibility and knockdown at level 4 and higher. Also, if you use FFB before using TAP, he'll have throw invincibility too at lower levels and full invincibility level 4 and higher. Plus FFB enhanced TAP will do more damage. FINAL TAP will wall bounce but that isn't programmed yet.

I have a week off from work coming up, hopefully I'll have the release fully ready by then. We'll see though lol
#109  May 04, 2020, 06:37:18 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Final Mike update before release!

Completely reprogrammed his TAP, it works exactly how I said in previous post, FFB enhancements and all. Also I changed the buttons so that you can use any two button combination, the move happens when it detects two buttons being released. I had to use some tricks in order to give it a bit of input buffer on the button releases so it's not strict, it's really cool. Also the wall bounce is programmed!

Also, the effects are completely done! I didn't know how I wanted to do the fake transparency effect cause I had two options; alternating transparent pixels and having the effects flash on and off. I ended up adding both, however I'm willing to take feedback on this. Here's a video of all the effects in action:

https://streamable.com/k97xqk (Higher quality non-youtube link)

So all I have to do is finish up all the FFB nonsense, and change his voice, and he's done! Each of those should take a day of work and I have 4 days off of work next week. :)
Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:10:49 am by Cobra Caddie
#110  May 04, 2020, 06:43:05 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Crazy how you manage to nail down every single move from SFV!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#111  May 04, 2020, 11:33:56 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yes, the moves are really well done!
Really promising!
#112  May 13, 2020, 04:34:29 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you both, hearing that makes me feel happy about all the work I put into it.  :)

Mike's programming is done, release will be soon! Just gotta add all the voices and make the trailer and the game will be out. Here's something quick I made and added today for funsies:

I was inspired by the little punching opening sequence from SF2:WW.
#113  May 13, 2020, 10:11:07 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yes, perfect intro for Mike!
He takes his revenge ^^
#114  June 04, 2020, 07:15:51 pm
    • USA
It's been a while since I checked in and I like how things are going. Keep up the good work.
#115  June 05, 2020, 04:23:54 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you! Trailer is about half way done, I'm editing it now. First time doing something like this, I taught myself how to use the advanced parts of the video editor I'm using like over one night lol. It's going to be 5 minutes long, it's pretty crazy.

Should be either tomorrow or Saturday for the game release in it's current form. :)
#116  June 05, 2020, 05:11:49 am
    • Brazil
i've heard about sf2nes back in 2015 nice to see that the project is still active on a different name.
#117  June 05, 2020, 06:54:18 am
    • USA
Here's something I've been messing around with to leave yall with, I've been trying to tweak some NES style soundtracks from the game. In the end if I do end up doing this I might just go to a pro for help with it or commission someone or whatever, but here's what I was able to do. I made them really simplistic on purpose cause it sounded the most authentic to me like this, rather then just converting the midis I already had directly with 8 channels and all.

Balrog
http://caddie.smeenet.org/sf2balrog.mp3

Vega
http://caddie.smeenet.org/sf2vega.mp3

They both have different instruments to show different options of where I could go with it.

Edit: Another option would be to use the Gameboy or GBA songs, which would also work IMO. I'll mess around and see what sounds best in game.

I think you should mix with the best. I like the balrog and vega. It would be nice to be a mix of music from NES Bootlegs, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and GXSCC. That would be nice.
#118  June 05, 2020, 07:09:00 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Looking at mike new intro and I was wondering if something similar to Lucia intro in SFV would be possible?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#119  June 05, 2020, 09:38:51 pm
    • USA
Since you're finishing up this release, will you have time to add animation on Zangief's stage or will that be in the next release?
#120  June 05, 2020, 11:25:46 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Since you're finishing up this release, will you have time to add animation on Zangief's stage or will that be in the next release?

It'll be in a future release, I plan to make every stage have the same standards as the ones I converted. I also plan to revamp some of the existing ones(definitely Chun-Li's for example) and add some neat features :)

Looking at mike new intro and I was wondering if something similar to Lucia intro in SFV would be possible?

I could definitely program something like that but I don't think I will. At least not for Mike, maybe I can do something for somebody in the future ;)