YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4724094 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kirby Quick Update (12/30/20)
#221  January 01, 2021, 10:07:53 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I've noticed that Nanase will be unable to use any of her A normals once she lands occasionally until P2 techs. I suspect it's likely a bug in the reverse beat coding. It does kinda get annoying because it'll take away my options unexpectedly in any event I drop a combo such as a reset.
#222  January 01, 2021, 11:23:34 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
I'm not finding anything that would conflict with the reverse beat coding. Was this happening after landing from jC? Keep in mind that Nanase will have a longer landing animation (About 25 frames) if she lands while still in jC's state. Although, if she has the option to, she can reverse beat into jA after hitting with jC just before she lands to get her normal landing animation instead (About 9 frames).
#223  January 01, 2021, 11:54:44 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Oh, that makes sense then.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Bisclavret Released(01/03/21)
#224  January 03, 2021, 06:22:37 pm
    • USA
#225  January 03, 2021, 06:40:25 pm
    • Brazil
#226  January 03, 2021, 06:51:08 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
what a lovely surprise, looking forward to trying this one I'm sure it'll make a great addition to the rest of your characters, I have been curious, but I wasn't sure until you did the Faust a while back, is there any chance of you digging into other Arc Sys games for sprites to make other characters? I would love to see you do something with one of the Sengoku Basara/Fist of the North Star sprites I don't think those get enough love. Looking forward to your next creation as well!
#227  January 03, 2021, 07:13:01 pm
    • USA
I also updated my japanese voice patch for Azrael to include his intro voice against Bisclavret. enjoy.

I have updated the link to your patch in the Extra's section of my site, thank you.

I have been curious, but I wasn't sure until you did the Faust a while back, is there any chance of you digging into other Arc Sys games for sprites to make other characters? I would love to see you do something with one of the Sengoku Basara/Fist of the North Star sprites I don't think those get enough love. Looking forward to your next creation as well!

I've never actually played either of those games, so I'm afraid that I wouldn't be doing those characters justice if I were to work on them.

I'll definitely be doing another Guilty Gear character at some point, but in terms of other fighters made by Arcsys, If someone were to convert the character models from Granblue Fantasy Versus into sprites or do just that for Android 21 from Dragon Ball Fighter Z, I just might work on those characters.

#228  January 03, 2021, 08:13:20 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

I can already tell Charlotte's gonna be my next absolute fave. (right next to Blitztank and Yumi :3)
I just Love how you do your obscure choices for chars.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#229  January 03, 2021, 09:13:07 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I have been curious, but I wasn't sure until you did the Faust a while back, is there any chance of you digging into other Arc Sys games for sprites to make other characters? I would love to see you do something with one of the Sengoku Basara/Fist of the North Star sprites I don't think those get enough love. Looking forward to your next creation as well!

I've never actually played either of those games, so I'm afraid that I wouldn't be doing those characters justice if I were to work on them.

I'll definitely be doing another Guilty Gear character at some point, but in terms of other fighters made by Arcsys, If someone were to convert the character models from Granblue Fantasy Versus into sprites or do just that for Android 21 from Dragon Ball Fighter Z, I just might work on those characters.

Well, in my defense for your consideration on Hokuto no Ken characters, they're not all that complicated to give them justice. The mechanics are quite similar to Guilty Gear (which is what the HNK wiki says), with them having basically a dash cancel that can be used at any time as long as you have meter (called Boosts), guard cancels, and Instant Kills. They're also almost all busted in some way, especially Kenshiro.

Sengoku BASARA X is the proper game to talk about as well, but they also have the instant kill and a striker system. That's as far as mechanics go.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Bisclavret Released (01/03/21)
#230  January 03, 2021, 11:42:14 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
They're also almost all busted in some way, especially Kenshiro.

This is very wrong because Kenshiro is only mid tier in his own game. Juda, Rei and Toki are considered top tiers in HnK, many debating Toki himself being the sole god tier of the game.
#231  January 04, 2021, 01:00:13 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/

Ah understandable, I mostly had this in mind because of the Faust, and I had the Sengoku Basara X characters in mind lately since I think they also were only 4 button fighters, with 3 being attacks and 1 being an assist for their source game and the HNK game shared a lot with the Guilty Gear style. I hope someone can convert the sprites you need in the future through, in the meantime I guess you at least have the Arc Sys sprites from their DBZ game Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden for other characters if you had some others in mind. I look forward to whatever project comes next either way
#232  January 04, 2021, 01:29:17 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Unfortunately, this still happens after rapid canceling in the middle of Hammer Cyclone as it shares the palfx:

I think I know why. Turns out the black background on the sprites have no transparency at all, causing the whole thing to blink instead of the effect itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, those games are over a decade old and never got localized.

And speaking about Sengoku Basara X, I never gave you a list of Copy Abilites for Kirby with them. Here you go:
Sword:
-Maeda Keiji "Keiji"
-Takenaka Hanbei
-Oda Nobunaga

Cutter:
-Oichi

Fire:
-Sanada Yukimura

Ice
-Uesugi Kenshin "Uesugi Kensin"

Plasma
-Date Masamune
-Katakura Kojuro

Suplex:
-Toyotomi Hideyoshi

Yo-yo:
-Mouri Motonari "Mori Motonari"

Neddle:
-Honda Tadakatsu

Spear:
-Chousokabe Motochika

Someone feel free to make changes if you think a different one fits them instead. As for Fist of the North Star, I don't think a list is necessary since the Fighter copy ability can match all of them.

Since you'll probably do another update with Kirby anyway:
-There's a misaligned normal ground shockwave when the opponent hits the ground using Hammer in the air (It would look better with a strong ground shockwave instead).
-I may have mentioned this before, but is it not possible to make Beam's charged projectile not share the palfx?:

And now I look at the copy abilities list once more, I realized "Bomberman" isn't on the list despite having a Bomb ability.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 01:32:37 am by SolidZone 26
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Bisclavret and Kirby Quick Update (01/03/21)
#233  January 04, 2021, 04:15:47 am
    • USA
Bisclavret and Kirby have been updated.

Bisclavret
-Fixed an error where Hammer Cyclone's effect shared the Palfx
-Removed the black background from the sprites for the Hammer Cyclone effect
Kirby
-Changed and realigned the shockwave effect produced by Hammer Nail's custom state
-Fixed an error where the grounded version of Beam Wave shared the Palfx
-Added Sengoku Basara characters and Bomber Man to the Copy Ability list
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Bisclavret and Kirby Quick Update (01/03/21)
#234  January 04, 2021, 07:18:32 am
    • USA
By making the Hammer Nail a strong ground shockwave, I completely forgot that it's now layered incorrectly for both ground and air. To make that up so you don't update for one tiny thing, I decided to check the list of copy abilities as some characters aren't compatible still. Despite having combability with Melty Blood characters, I realized he doesn't have any with RajaaBoy due to him having his name on the characters (And some from Kohaku and Sennou-Room as they did a few before prioritizing Dengeki Bunko). Since they're already there, all you need to do is add them in (The names in bold are the ones to be added):

-Akiha Vermillion: "VAkiha_K"
-Aoko Aozaki: "RajaaAoko"
-Arcueid Brunestud: "RajaaArcueid"
-Kohaku: "Kohaku_K"
-Len: "RajaaLen"
-Hisui: "RajaaMech-Hisui" "Mech Hisui 404"
-Nrvnqsr Chao: "RajaaNero"
-Riesbyfe Stridberg: "RajaaRiesbyfe"
-Michael Roa Valdamjong: "RajaaRoa"
-Satsuki Yumiduka: "RajaaSatsuki"
-Shiki Ryougi: "Ryougi_K"
-Shiki Tohno & Nanaya: "RajaaShiki" "Nanaya_K" (You also listed Shiki twice and I'm certain trigger59 is the one from Samurai Shodown. But luckily they share the same ability, but do remove the duplicate on trigger51 so they don't conflict with each other)
Sion Eltnam Atlasia: "RajaaSion" (Sion Tatari is listed twice on trigger 8 and 9, so replace the trigger8 duplicate with Rajaa's)
-Warakia: "RajaaWarachia" (I also noticed he doesn't have the equivalent spelling by itself without the Rajaa, so add that too)
-White Len: "WLen_K"

And some other non-MB characters by those three that exists on the list, but don't work with him:
-Amingo: "RajaaAmingo"
-Asuna: "Asuna(Kimono)"
-Dhalsim: "RajaaDhalsim"
-Lilith Aensland: "RajaaLilith"
-Homura Akemi: "Homura_K"
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Bisclavret Updated (01/03/21) Kirby Updated (01/04/21)
#235  January 04, 2021, 07:50:10 am
    • USA
Got it done.

Kirby
-Relayered the shockwave effect produced by Hammer Nail's custom state
-Added more name variants to the Copy Ability list
#236  January 05, 2021, 05:59:24 am
    • Brazil
If someone were to convert the character models from Granblue Fantasy Versus into sprites or do just that for Android 21 from Dragon Ball Fighter Z, I just might work on those characters.
You could talk to Violin Ken, he converted SFV models into sprites, maybe he can do the same with DBFZ.
#237  January 05, 2021, 03:33:44 pm
    • USA
I check the update and most of Rajaa's characters are compatible, except for Rajaa's Lilith as you somehow missed her. As there are no other aesthetics to be fixed I can see, I believe any updates onwards is just fixing up typos on the copy abilities list unless you have plan on adding new ones in the future or any balance changes. Here are some more characters that are on the list but don't:

To add:
-Cloud: "Cloud Strife"
-Neko Arc: "Neco-Arc"
-Neko Arc Chaos: "Neco-Arc Chaos"
-Charizard: "Charizard_G&S" "PK006_R"
-Mewtwo: "MegaMewtwoY_G&S"
-Pikachu: "Pikachu_G&S"
-Falco: "FalcoLombardi_XIV" "Falco edit of Fox Mccloud"
-King Lion: "Shishioh"
-Neo Dio: "Neo-Dio"
-Saber "Saber_Alter"
-Suwako_THIZ: "Suwako Moriya"

For RicePigeon as he released new Touhou characters for THIZ:
-Momiji_THIZ (Sword)
-Nitori_THIZ (Needle)
-Sumireko_THIZ (Plasma)

For Touhou, not every character has compatibility if they use their first and last name as I assume most would use RicePigeon's or Kohaku's specifically as they have unique names. But if anyone wants a list for those to work with other authors, I can do so if requested.

Easy list as they all use the Ninja copy ability for Juano16's Mortal Kombat ninjas as they're all-in-1 characters:
-juano`s cyborg guy
-juano`s kit girl
-juano`s morph guy
-juano`s sub guy

To replace or remove:
-Makoto Satawari: "Makoto Sawatari" (When I started my client from scratch on my new computer, 586 and BF's versions gives me Fighter instead of Beam, turns out this was a typo).
-trigger17 on Beam has the same name "Hibachi." They can still get the same ability so having both is kinda redundant.

While I was checking each Melty Blood character, I noticed that Len/White Len share the same copy ability for some reason. They are not technically the same character. For variation, I feel like White Len should use Ice instead of Mirror as her moves focus more on ice and no MB character currently uses it. And since Haruhi Suzumiya is the only character from her own series on the list, might as well add the other girls in as there are playable in a game called Haruhi Grappler:

-Yuki Nagato (Plasma)
-Mikuru Asahina (Beam)
-Ryoko Asakura (Cutter)

Haruhi should have her copy ability changed to Mirror as her fighting abilities are similar to Kirino. Since trigger15 and 25 on Mirror is the same character (And the name "Kirnino" is a typo), you can replace the Mirror trigger15 typo with her and Yuki can take Haruhi's place on Plasma trigger20. Don't forget to replace "Kirino" with "Kousaka Kirino" so Kirby is compatible with YU-TOHARU's version as there no other author with just her first name as I looked.

I spent an entire day looking at my backup drive to see if there's any names that were missed, hopefully these additions help.
#238  January 05, 2021, 04:06:57 pm
I also got one more character name addition to suggest after remembering about it. In terms of DBZ characters who have Z2 versions, I forgot to mention Goku Black's upcoming Z2 version.

Cutter
- (trigger12 = p2name = "Goku Black"), add Goku Black Z2 and Black Z2

Even if there are more Z2 DBZ characters unaccounted for, for the DBZ characters that are on the list, this should cover their Z2 variants.
Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 04:08:25 pm by waspennator
#239  January 07, 2021, 04:11:24 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Amazing work in the kitty waifu OHMSBY.

Charlotte surely will be interesting.
#240  January 07, 2021, 06:20:58 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty