Ikemen Plus (Read 775413 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#261  February 15, 2018, 04:51:50 am
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
Should "ikemen plus go" to a new topic???
#262  February 15, 2018, 07:54:46 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It seems using P pauses the game. Is this gonna be temporary? It conflicts with my usual key setup. Also, quite a few keys I use didn't seem to work when I set them myself, like Apostrophe and any of the top row of numbers. These did work in Ikemen vanilla.

He added 2 new keys to the control if that helps, I haven't touched
it but Its posted 2 or 3 pages back.  So there's 9 buttons now instead
of just 7.
#263  February 15, 2018, 09:27:37 am
It seems using P pauses the game. Is this gonna be temporary? It conflicts with my usual key setup.
Pause and pause skip frame will be remapped to PAUSE and SCRLK buttons in next build (same keys as in mugen) instead of P and Enter.

Also, quite a few keys I use didn't seem to work when I set them myself, like Apostrophe and any of the top row of numbers. These did work in Ikemen vanilla.
This sounds like conflict between buttons for P1 and P2 characters - like in mugen if you set the same key for 2 different buttons than the combination no longer works. In next build option screen input config will display both Player1 and Player2 side at the same screen and highlight conflicts between buttons, so there won't be a chance for mistakes. Also, as Memo mentioned, you must take into account 2 more buttons per player that needs to have unique assignment.

If this is not the case and some buttons still won't work I will take a look what's up.

Alright boss, haven't QUITE tested this properly since I'm sleep deprived BUT:
unfortunately doesn't work (type mismatch). I think the only way to solve it would be changing value types in font.go, but that brings issues in other places since sprite size uint16 values are referenced in other parts of Go code. Let me know if you will be able to fix it. If no I will add it to "missing features.txt" as something that needs external help from the ikemen author.

maybe, since a lot of information here is outdated but on the other hand as soon as Ikemen Go Plus receives stable release Ikemen Plus repository for S-Size ikemen will be deleted (because that code is no longer supported and overall is a mess – even though new build is unstable the lua code is far more polished compared to old one). With only 1 project going forward there won't be confusion, so I think we can still use this topic.

------------

btw. there is a bug that crashes ikemen if storyboard reference animation that doesn't exist within def file (crash happens only when storyboard is played more than once - present in brokenMugen intro and gameover storyboards). It's fixed locally (if we can even call it a fix considering it's a bug in DEF file, but since mugen ignores it Ikemen Plus will ignore it too), so no need to report it.
Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:05:05 pm by K4thos
#264  February 17, 2018, 05:57:55 am
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
I wanted to ask how you turned the txt yellow ive been trying to make a sp and have some issues.
#265  February 17, 2018, 09:04:01 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I wanted to ask how you turned the txt yellow ive been trying to make a sp and have some issues.

Whoever made the broken mugen screenpack
probably just colored them yellow with PhotoShop
or gimp or FF in the palette editor
#266  February 17, 2018, 10:13:54 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
He's likely referring to the default MUGEN screenpack this came with, as the highlighted options turn yellow.
do the thing
#267  February 17, 2018, 11:01:14 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Tried                 
Infinity Screen Pack, 2006 by Eternaga
Online text isn't appering,Can I have a help with this
#268  February 17, 2018, 11:28:45 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Is there a way to enable an older version of OpenGL on the engine?
Lasagna
#269  February 17, 2018, 03:46:12 pm
Tried                 
Infinity Screen Pack, 2006 by Eternaga
Online text isn't appering,Can I have a help with this
you're still ignoring my request to post link to problematic content. I won't look all over the internet to find something (only to find out that you use different version). Please post a link.

Is there a way to enable an older version of OpenGL on the engine?
it's outside scope of this project. (but should be possible if older opengl package is available for golang and you find someone to add it)

He's likely referring to the default MUGEN screenpack this came with, as the highlighted options turn yellow.
if this is the case than I'd suggest reading mugen screenpack tutorials. Nothing is changed when it comes to how ikemen interpets fonts (bank value - second in DEF font parameter - is used to set different colors). When it comes to new DEF parameters added by ikemen they will be added to default screenpack DEF file in future. (screenpack works without them because when parameter is not present ikemen uses default values)
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:38:44 pm by K4thos
#270  February 19, 2018, 02:41:52 am
    • Chile
With IKEMEN volume goes down after a loud sound, Is this fixed in "IKEMEN Go"?

EDIT: Yep, it still does that.
Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:42:48 pm by HexiouM64
#271  February 19, 2018, 11:39:34 am
#272  February 23, 2018, 04:05:26 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
#273  February 23, 2018, 08:49:05 pm
here is screenpack I tried https://1drv.ms/u/s!AispdDQgkFaakhYKUhDroDN52ayf

Online Mode aint appearing
without even testing (this is not a complete screenpack), here is quote from the DEF file you uploaded:
Code:
menu.itemname.arcade = "A"
menu.itemname.versus = "B"
menu.itemname.teamarcade = "C"
menu.itemname.teamversus = "D"
menu.itemname.teamcoop = "E"
menu.itemname.survival = "F"
menu.itemname.survivalcoop = "G"
menu.itemname.training = "H"
menu.itemname.watch = "I"
menu.itemname.options = "J"
menu.itemname.exit = "K"
which means it's not a bug but expected behavior (same thing would happen in mugen if it had more modes). Each letter it the font file has whole word assigned to it. Open the font in Font Factory and see yourself how it looks like. Here are additional modes used in Ikemen Plus (if these params are missing in DEF file following default values are used)
Code:
menu.itemname.online = "NETWORK"
menu.itemname.netplayversus = "VS MODE"
menu.itemname.netplayteamcoop = "TEAM CO-OP"
menu.itemname.netplaysurvivalcoop = "SURVIVAL CO-OP"
menu.itemname.netplayback = "BACK"
menu.itemname.serverhost = "HOST GAME"
menu.itemname.serverjoin = "JOIN GAME"
menu.itemname.serverback = "BACK"
menu.itemname.joinadd = "NEW ADDRESS"
menu.itemname.joinback = "BACK"
menu.itemname.extras = "EXTRAS"
menu.itemname.freebattle = "FREE BATTLE"
menu.itemname.100kumite = "VS 100 KUMITE"
menu.itemname.bossrush = "BOSS RUSH"
menu.itemname.bonusgames = "BONUS GAMES"
menu.itemname.bonusback = "BACK"
menu.itemname.replay = "REPLAY"
menu.itemname.demo = "DEMO"
menu.itemname.extrasback = "BACK"
and there are also several more menu options planned for future releases, so using font with whole alphabet is the best approach (although that old trick still can be used)
Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:17:58 pm by K4thos
#274  February 25, 2018, 08:04:33 pm
  • Certified Script Kiddie
  • I'm clueless lol
    • USA

I support this idea. New OP should include an FAQ between the differences of IKEMEN Plus and IKEMEN Go Plus, it's current status and purpose, and some links as to where to find more information (Go Language Website, Github repositories, ODSN Go Repository, etc.), and maybe a "Help Wanted" for engine programmers.
Looking for additional IKEMEN/Fighter Factory programmers for a big project. PM me for details.
#275  February 27, 2018, 08:15:17 am
Replay isn't working on the plus build.
#276  March 03, 2018, 02:52:43 am
    • USA
Hey I have a problem with the build I''m using... I added some characters in the game and I had to edit the select.def from the scripts folder and I got this.......
https://imgur.com/cqR4q34
So I was wondering how can I fix this one I looked at the location shown on the pic but I can't find anything wrong with it
what should I do?
Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:56:44 am by Hondunu
#277  March 10, 2018, 02:26:37 pm
    • Poland
It's there any magic way to turn down volume in game than changing it in windows volume mixer?
#278  March 19, 2018, 05:33:14 pm
    • Brazil
I recently downloaded the Ikemen Broken screenpack which from what I saw was done on top of Ikemen GO and I tried to add the animated portraits. Unfortunately it didn't work. And from what I understand reading the topic if the next version of Ikemen will be Ikemen GO this leads me to believe that we will not have the animated portraits any more.

Please, please... I beg you, don't do this. :(
The animated portraits, using group 0 was one of the best things added in this engine. Yes, because you no longer need to change sff of each char to customize the portraits. The Ikemen do it automatically for you. That's one of the big reasons I want Ikemen instead of Mugen 1.1.

Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#279  April 01, 2018, 04:26:40 am
  • Now with extra crispiness
    • Venezuela
Hello everyone! Could it be possible that match logging could be implemented in Ikemen Plus? That could be very handy in many ways.
#280  April 05, 2018, 07:35:11 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Error

select lua ;1400
 bad argument #2 to random (interval is empty)

also ikemen keeps running itself on background even if its closed leading to multiple ikemens running on background without me noticing up to now
Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:46:59 pm by mete122