YesNoOk

Kyo Type S released, God Akuma Updated (Read 9587 times)

Started by -_Shadow_-, March 25, 2012, 12:58:20 am
Share this topic:
Kyo Type S released, God Akuma Updated
#1  March 25, 2012, 12:58:20 am
  • *The Shadow*
    • www.freewebs.com/plaza24
Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:04:39 am by -_Shadow_-

2OS

Re: Kyo Type S released, God Akuma Updated
#2  March 25, 2012, 01:30:49 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Just from the video:

God Akuma —

-Hadous and probably other stuff need Ownpal=1.
-And / Or just ditch that tired ass God Orochi flashing.
#3  March 25, 2012, 01:41:08 am
  • *The Shadow*
the ownpal was removed cos caused lag problems, because god akuma's pallete is f@cked up.

and i think it goes better whit the god thingy.
#4  March 25, 2012, 01:13:52 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
HB! ;D
I'll try it
#5  March 25, 2012, 01:22:48 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
nice , are the sprites open source? i would actually need some of the custom sprites :D
#6  March 25, 2012, 05:19:43 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Happy Birthday, now gave us some delicious cake  ;P
#7  March 25, 2012, 08:15:55 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Hey Shadow, where can i found the Nightmare Gesse of the video??? Thanks!!!
#8  March 25, 2012, 08:54:52 pm
  • Lurker and Appreciator of MUGEN
    • USA

#9  March 26, 2012, 01:51:51 am
  • *The Shadow*
#10  March 26, 2012, 06:02:53 pm
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
 :o
Long time i see your videos about this Kyo and i'm waiting a possible release!
Downloading now for test finally!  8)

Happy Birthday!
thank you for share!! :sugoi:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
#11  March 27, 2012, 04:25:05 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Wow, Plaza, I thought you were mugen dead... lol

Why would adding ownpal = 1 cause lag?

Also Plaza what are your computer specs? From the video even you seemed to had some lag problems. There is a bit too much FX and there are a bit too large don't you think?. I myself is a graphics whore but if fx's are causing lag to my characters I would still tone it a bit down to prevent this and so should you. I admire beautiful and firey explosions with what your characters have, only when they don't cause lag during gameplay. Lag SUCKS.

Of course lag can be mostly be avoided if you have a really kickass computer but if it's even happening to you, you should do something about it or warn be people they need a kickass computer for these characters are something like that.  :P
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#12  March 27, 2012, 07:34:10 pm
  • *The Shadow*
Wow, Plaza, I thought you were mugen dead... lol

Why would adding ownpal = 1 cause lag?

Also Plaza what are your computer specs? From the video even you seemed to had some lag problems. There is a bit too much FX and there are a bit too large don't you think?. I myself is a graphics whore but if fx's are causing lag to my characters I would still tone it a bit down to prevent this and so should you. I admire beautiful and firey explosions with what your characters have, only when they don't cause lag during gameplay. Lag SUCKS.

Of course lag can be mostly be avoided if you have a really kickass computer but if it's even happening to you, you should do something about it or warn be people they need a kickass computer for these characters are something like that.  :P

my pc specs are very good i dont get lag, if the video seems to have lag may be the the slowmo kyo have in some moves, or maybe some video recording error, i dont get lag playing mugen

for some reason ownpal = 1 in akuma cause lag because some sprites arent shared pallete, so it lags for example when g.akuma trows lots of hadukens special it lags. or when does second part of iori special (bloom of wolf) whit the white rings, if it is ownpal = 1 it lags.

same happens whit kyo but it doesn't get noticed since kyo doesnt have a glow, but when u do Shadow mode (press x+b when full bar) the flames become red because of the palfx.
#13  March 27, 2012, 07:44:17 pm
    • USA
So it's a slow down time effect? Ok that's understandable but putting something like that in a FX heavy character someone can easily confuse it for lag.

For the ownpal = 1, for the hadukens that are not part of a shared palette, just keep in mind that if an opponent hits you with an attack that changes your palette color your haduken will be effected as well without ownpal = 1, and most of the time when this happens it will look very ugly. Maybe limit how many projectiles you can shoot out with "Numproj(ID of proj) < 1" or something like that?

Otherwise I like these characters.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!

2OS

#14  March 27, 2012, 08:35:30 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
^ That was the point of my post.

You can see clear as day in the video that the FX flash with the root. It looks hideous.

I'm nitpicking because the people intolerant of flashy stuff usually show tolerance when they're done right ( they're not overly contrasted eyesores etc ).
#15  March 27, 2012, 08:44:48 pm
  • *The Shadow*
So it's a slow down time effect? Ok that's understandable but putting something like that in a FX heavy character someone can easily confuse it for lag.

Kyo only have slowmo in  4 or 5 moves, i think,, its not hard to tell the difference xD I never tought anyone will confuse slowmo whit lag xP

Either way thats another reason to put ownpal = 0, its removes all ''lag'' effects problems for not shared sprites. (wich i have a lot in both chars)

i think the only thing is noticeable is the glow in akuma hadoukens, but i think it goes whit the god thingy theme, so thats why i made it that way.

or in kyo the flash when supercancel gets triggered may turn white some effects for like 0,2 seconds, but its supposed to be that way.

For the ownpal = 1, for the hadukens that are not part of a shared palette, just keep in mind that if an opponent hits you with an attack that changes your palette color your haduken will be effected as well without ownpal = 1, and most of the time when this happens it will look very ugly. Maybe limit how many projectiles you can shoot out with "Numproj(ID of proj) < 1" or something like that?

no need for that since akuma glows overposes any palfx he can get from hits. and kyo explods gets removed when he gets hit.
So its kinda not probable effects get another color, even if they do, it will be unnoticeable xP

im glad you like em :)
#16  March 27, 2012, 08:52:26 pm
    • USA
^ That was the point of my post.

You can see clear as day in the video that the FX flash with the root. It looks hideous.

I'm nitpicking because the people intolerant of flashy stuff usually show tolerance when they're done right ( they're not overly contrasted eyesores etc ).

I knew that already, but you didn't explain it like I did to Plaza like I did and I said that to Plaza incase he didn't know.

Kyo only have slowmo in  4 or 5 moves, i think,, its not hard to tell the difference xD I never tought anyone will confuse slowmo whit lag xP

Either way thats another reason to put ownpal = 0, its removes all ''lag'' effects problems for not shared sprites. (wich i have a lot in both chars)

i think the only thing is noticeable is the glow in akuma hadoukens, but i think it goes whit the god thingy theme, so thats why i made it that way.

or in kyo the flash when supercancel gets triggered may turn white some effects for like 0,2 seconds, but its supposed to be that way.

no need for that since akuma glows overposes any palfx he can get from hits. and kyo explods gets removed when he gets hit.
So its kinda not probable effects get another color, even if they do, it will be unnoticeable xP

im glad you like em :)

So yeah Plaza it's a trade off... Either put the ownpal = 1 in to prevent palette changes and have lag, or don't do this without lag. BTW how bad is the lag with ownpal = 1 on? It's just that these characters are heavily dependent on good FX and I know you want the FX to be the very best but if something makes your characters look ugly... you should try to find someway to fix it.

#17  March 27, 2012, 09:04:19 pm
  • *The Shadow*
the lag on ownpal=1 its pretty bad, thats why i made most of stuff ownpal 0 , do the edit to ownpal 1 in akuma for example and do the ''i trow a lots of a hadoukens'' special (B,D,F + x+y in the air) and check for yourself.

like i said there are lots of not shared sprites in both chars, and the palletes in both (mainly in akuma) are a bit f@cked up, and im not so much in mugen anymore to make again both .sff, too much for me. i hate sharing pallets for sprites xD its a too much time effort. xP

2OS

#18  March 27, 2012, 09:26:47 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
Only if you don't know how to do it. When you do know how it's simple and takes very little time.

Anyway

-It isn't noticable for most of his palettes because his skin color never changes but Kyo's small portrait needs a touch up ( first palette to be specific ).
-God Akuma's AI does illegal breakouts. Especially out of the SGS.
#19  March 27, 2012, 09:39:38 pm
  • *The Shadow*
il check that one, i forgot since my lifebars never show the small portrait.

g.a ai wasn't made by me, was edited by me tough , i dont know much about ai coding x.x

and yeah i dont know how to do it, i don't work much whit sprites. but i need for some edits im trying to make. for example i didnt wanted kyo bloom of wolf (2nd part of iori special) be shadowed, i got the sprites for it, but they are on bmp, and i can't seem to make it work when i try to make em shared pallete pcx -_-' (compatible whit the palletes kyo have)
#20  March 31, 2012, 04:35:58 pm
  • Play time's over!
Another Kyo? Oh, I hope he's not over-broken...