YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4718843 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/17/22)
#1041  August 09, 2022, 04:32:22 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
And by the why nice work on King Koopa and his fearsome lizard breath and the upcoming update of the tje regular Palm-Top Tiger Taiga. Also is Taiga the next character for next month or is she a additional character with Bowers that will be released at the same time?

Regular Taiga will be released along side Bowser, and Maid Taiga will still be available separately as an EX variant.

Wait, what? EX versions of characters?
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/17/22)
#1042  August 09, 2022, 05:42:54 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
And by the why nice work on King Koopa and his fearsome lizard breath and the upcoming update of the tje regular Palm-Top Tiger Taiga. Also is Taiga the next character for next month or is she a additional character with Bowers that will be released at the same time?

Regular Taiga will be released along side Bowser, and Maid Taiga will still be available separately as an EX variant.

Wait, what? EX versions of characters?
Guess that’ll start being a thing now (which I’m alright with). I know that Resentone is working on Enigma/EX Hyde, where his moveset is more based off of the UNIST/UNICLR mods. Though also I’m sorta not surprised. Maid Taiga’s moveset when OHMSBY first released her was supposed to be noticeably different compared to Regular Taiga and how a bunch of people did her.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#1043  August 10, 2022, 07:50:17 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey OHMSBY, hope you’re keeping well!

I’ve been asked by a friend to ask if you would ever make Megaman or Ryu (I assume he means the Smash Versions).

Also, who do you yourself main in Ikemen currently?
#1044  August 13, 2022, 11:03:43 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Yo OHMSBY I don't know if you are open for suggestions about characters from series you are not familiar with/never heard of the games they are from since its niche but might I offer Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS/golden fantasia characters a try? Its basically a Cross tag fighting for PC and I think the characters could fit your blazblue Cross tag gamplay and the character sprites are pretty much hi-res/HD. Here is the source game link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia or you could check out the gamplay on YouTube. Here is the link for the characters on Mugen: https://mugenfreeforall.com/topic/10725-ougon-musou-kyoku-ougon-musou-kyoku-cross/
#1045  August 14, 2022, 05:37:02 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
I’ve been asked by a friend to ask if you would ever make Megaman or Ryu (I assume he means the Smash Versions).

Quite possibly.

Also, who do you yourself main in Ikemen currently?

My main is pretty much whoever I'm currently working on, but I find my self going back to play as Kirby the most.

Yo OHMSBY I don't know if you are open for suggestions about characters from series you are not familiar with/never heard of the games they are from since its niche but might I offer Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS/golden fantasia characters a try?

I generally make it a rule to only work on characters from games and/or franchises that I'm actually familiar with.

I've actually tried to play Ougon Musou Kyoku one time, but I couldn't get it to run properly on my PC. Attempting to do so makes the game's frame rate run like 5 times the speed that it's supposed to run.
#1046  August 14, 2022, 06:35:02 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Well that's a shame its a pretty solid game and you would have probably loved it, but since you can't play the game why not give the characters a try and play them on Mugen they should be source accurate to the game. The only problem would be the tag mechanic from the source since it was always a 2 on 2 battle but if you have already made up your mind based on your previous reply then I won't bother you about it anymore.
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:44:01 am by Shadic12
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Bowser Released + EXA update for 8(9) chars (08/14/22)
#1047  August 15, 2022, 04:55:41 am
    • USA
Bowser has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Bowser here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9IMZFndKDTh60EmzxO9lYQfNB0TYFno/view?usp=sharing

Bowser's 1.0 Patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uja1oGp4SABjblezeT_Y1GEUD8AwRyOi/view?usp=sharing

Also, the following characters have received the EXA Update:
Gordeau, Kuroko, Samus, Taiga (Normal and Maid), Mitsuru, Bisclavret, Pistrix, and Kohaku

Maid Taiga has been swapped out for regular Taiga Aisaka, with a moveset that is more reminiscent of her appearance in DBFC. Maid Taiga is still available as separate character that is classified as an EX Variant. EX Varaints have their own google drive folder here.

Google Drive link for all exa updated characters:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p2lbejwkzXsMxxaRDtsQ-YISPxHXsEAi?usp=sharing

Also released alongside Bowser is a stage pack consisting of his stages from Super Mario 64, which you can get here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13amHaLVvrHsFADJ9HtKYZod3AZ--mCdA/view?usp=sharing
(The stages only work in 1.1 and IKEMEN GO)

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.
Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:00:11 am by OHMSBY
#1048  August 15, 2022, 05:47:06 am
  • mooghen
    • USA
great content as always!!
#1049  August 15, 2022, 06:39:56 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
The first one is from a  thread called "Turn 3D models into pixel art" that was started by fellow MFG memebr O Ilusionista that talks about a blender that turns 3D models into pixel art
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/turn-3d-models-pixel-art-164991.0.html

I actually have visited that thread back when we were still figuring out how to get started on Meta Knight. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that shader to work.

Oh. 3D to pixel art, shader talk.

I have been working on that.
Examples:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's mostly about using the correct render settings and render in low res.
And it works with any shader, be a toon or a watercolor one.

The sprite will need some tweaks but what outputs is almost final.
I can help you with that if needed.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1050  August 15, 2022, 12:21:34 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Gordeau:
-The Rusty Nail Effect on 5AAAA and Blighted Nail has shadows and reflections.

Kuroko:
-She got a state 9883: changed to invalid action 1102 debug error when she was hit by Gordeau's Blighted Nail (I did it again to check, but I can't seem to replicate it. For now, I'll report it so I'll remember it happened).

Samus:
-NOY Dread Strike doesn't KO the opponent on the last hit.

Taiga:
-5C and jB shouldn't cause the opponent to hit the ground as a badminton racket doesn't hit as hard as a frying pan.
-5C could be changed to be the last hit of I'm Taking You To The M-Morgue!
-When 66A is rapid canceled, she does it on the ground instead of the air.
-66A can wall bounce the opponent to the opposite direction if it hits when they get up and turn around while she is still on that frame (For some reason, it's also listed as 66B in the AIR file).
-2A should be 2C except it doesn't slide and trip the opponent.
-2B should be 2A expect the swish swings upward.
-2C should be 2B.
-jB should be jAA (The animation is also bugged as it hits before she swings her bag).
-jC should be jB.
-The hitspark and guard spark on the last hit of Hell Thrust is slightly misaligned (Should be the same position as EX Hell Thrust).
-EX Hell Thrust doesn't knock the opponent down to the ground like the last hit of the regular versions do.
-EX Hell Thrust does less hits and damage (It works exactly the same as Maid variant. Since there's no changes were made to the move, it's actually weaker than the regular versions).
-The normal shockwave from the sled on Slow Sled Ram is misaligned when it touches the ground without hitting the opponent.
-The trash can on Don't Ignore Me! is still there for 4 ticks after she kicked it and the hitspark is layered behind it.
-The startup of Taiga Rampage on the ground should have her bring out her bokken and doing Hell Thrust instead of Taiga Knee Crush before it connects (The air version of the distortion drive can remain the same though).
-The cloud of dusts during Taiga Rampage are lacking stars and palmtop tiger icons.
-On the last hit of Taiga Rampage, Ryuji should appear to stop her from fighting further then throws her bokken at the opponent when they get up.
-You're Really Pissing Me Off! should have her dealing the final hit instead of her throwing the Lamp Post at the opponent (The same frames used for 66A).

Maid Taiga:
-I don't there's any need to keep the ";displayname = "Taiga" on the def file now that Regular Taiga exists.
-The trash can on Don't Ignore Me! is still there for 4 ticks after she kicked it and the hitspark is layered behind it.
-The cloud of dusts during Taiga Rampage are lacking stars and palmtop tiger icons (Thought I mention this since regular Taiga has herself on there using her bokken).

Kohaku:
-Amber Colosseum shouldn't have a hitspark when it successfully connects on the first hit as it grabs the opponent.

Bowser:
-66B will wall bounce the opponent to the opposite direction when they jumped over them (I just realized I accidentally forgot this one).

As my feedback is checking their Exceed Accels and see if there's any issues with them, most of it this time around is regarding Regular Taiga. At times, she still feels like her EX counterpart even with some specials changed, so I'm not sure if you're going to spend the time refining her to make her closer to her original version to source as I know you probably want to focus on Kirito. Honestly, I'm kind of glad you came back to Taiga to do her regular variant. Back in the day, I remember not many people voted for her in the polls as there's other versions of her already. Now with the new mechanics applied, I feel like she would benefit with them and the same goes for Kirito. So now I love to see more Dengeki Bunko characters in your style and to see more. And even though you rather work on your own, I think they should at least have their respective special intros from the source game. For Kirito, that means with Shana, Asuna, Yuuki and Yukina (I believe he shares the same animation but using different voice clips with them).

Now I also remember you would to do variants in case if a character you made ended up as a BBTAG character. Unfortunately it stopped support months after 2.0 and never needed to do that luckily. When I look at your characters, the ones I could think of is Dark Samus, Mythra, Weiss and Nu-13 (Probably not the latter as you prefer Lambda's rushdown oriented moves and maybe not Weiss either as the original base was k6666orochi's).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 04:15:21 am by ZolidSone
#1051  August 15, 2022, 03:49:51 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Maid Taiga has been swapped out for regular Taiga Aisaka, with a moveset that is more reminiscent of her appearance in DBFC.

Great, That'll definitley bring out more possibilities for other EX Variations in the future, I can't wait.

Also released alongside Bowser is a stage pack consisting of his stages from Super Mario 64

I was wondering who made these stages considering they look winmugen era-like, but cool nonetheless.

I also got a couple notes about bowser.

1. I'm not really a fan of his sff despite being compressed to 2.0.1.0 (87MB, Making this character your heftiest in filesize yet.) but IMO, that only alone is caused by Giga Bowser (his Astral BG and transition outro as well, but I'll let those pass.)
          Which puzzles me, because Piranha Plants' Astral heat isn't Petey Piranha, but just a layer of piranha plants and pipes, but it was the best solution to keep the sff file pretty low. I'm surprised you didn't do the same with Bowser, weren't there any other good choices?

2. This doesn't matter to me, but his voiceclips doesn't use any from SSBU/SSB Wii U & 3DS, I'm guessing the amount of sounds for him were limited?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#1052  August 15, 2022, 11:58:13 pm
How do you get your sprites for these characters? Bowser, Dede, K Rool, and Piranha Plant look so cool.
#1053  August 16, 2022, 12:44:08 am
Hi OHMSBY, I've been a fan of your character style for quite awhile and i would just like to know

How difficult is it to make a character from Blazblue who hasn't been in cross tag battle in your style, like coming up with auto combo ideas and incorporating their mechanics in a much simpler way?

Bonus Question: Do you plan to make another guilty gear character in the future like Sol or Potemkin?
#1054  August 16, 2022, 05:42:11 am
    • USA

Fixed. Though I'm keeping Taiga's moveset the same for the reason explained below. Plus I'd prefer not to make changes that would alter or eliminate her combo routes.

At times, she still feels like her EX counterpart even with some specials changed.

That's kind of the point. EX Variants are not really meant to be radically different from the original and are meant to be like Evil Ryu is to Ryu or like the Shadow Characters in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

1. I'm not really a fan of his sff despite being compressed to 2.0.1.0 (87MB, Making this character your heftiest in filesize yet.) but IMO, that only alone is caused by Giga Bowser (his Astral BG and transition outro as well, but I'll let those pass.)
          Which puzzles me, because Piranha Plants' Astral heat isn't Petey Piranha, but just a layer of piranha plants and pipes, but it was the best solution to keep the sff file pretty low. I'm surprised you didn't do the same with Bowser, weren't there any other good choices?

Giga Bowser's sprites alone take up about 35 megabytes, so that's definitely the culprit for the large file size. I really couldn't think of anything else for his Astral heat that I could actually achieve with the resources available to me, and I didn't want to just do a rehash Plant's astral.

2. This doesn't matter to me, but his voiceclips doesn't use any from SSBU/SSB Wii U & 3DS, I'm guessing the amount of sounds for him were limited?

I've just never been a fan of how Bowser still uses the N64 era esque roars in Smash when he has an actual voice now, Especially when Bowser Jr. is in the same game and uses his actual voice.

How do you get your sprites for these characters? Bowser, Dede, K Rool, and Piranha Plant look so cool.

They have been rendered using Blender.

How difficult is it to make a character from Blazblue who hasn't been in cross tag battle in your style, like coming up with auto combo ideas and incorporating their mechanics in a much simpler way?

It depends on the character really. There are some characters like Kagura Mutsuki, who is one of my more frequently used characters in Central Fiction, where I still have absolutely no idea how they would even work in Cross Tag.

Bonus Question: Do you plan to make another guilty gear character in the future like Sol or Potemkin?

Ye
#1055  August 16, 2022, 01:55:24 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since Kuroko hasn't been updated, I'm still trying to figure out what causes the debug error. so I'll probably have to get back to you on that later.

Fixed. Though I'm keeping Taiga's moveset the same for the reason explained below. Plus I'd prefer not to make changes that would alter or eliminate her combo routes.
I'll agree that changing the command normals would alter it in way now that I think about it. But the distortion drives and astral heat shouldn't as it's just aesthetically and would still deal the same amount of damage as it's mostly just changing the last hit. I don't think you can combo with either of them anyway as they'll touch the ground before you have a chance to.

Also, I have some additional feedback on the two:
-EX Hell Thrust can go though the opponent if she is too close to them (I used their respective versions on each other and they indeed go though because of their standing hitbox).
-The strong ground shockwaves on the last hit of 5BBB, 5C and jB is not the same position as the last hit of I'm Taking You To The M-Morgue! or Regular Taiga's 5AAAA.
-On regular Taiga, the normal shockwave from the sled on Slow Sled Ram is still misaligned:

I think it should be a tad higher as it's too low. Or do you think it's better to remove it completely as it's a light object and won't conflict with the two normal shockwave on her?

That's kind of the point. EX Variants are not really meant to be radically different from the original and are meant to be like Evil Ryu is to Ryu or like the Shadow Characters in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.
That's fine, but the problem is that Maid Taiga was built differently due to her limited sprites and you probably had to cut some corners to make her moveset. I know she would obviously not have Ryuji on her moves and I could understand for why Taiga Rampage ended with a headbutt instead. Because of that as she was the main foundation, Regular Taiga is not entirely faithful to the source game like Misaka, Kuroko, and Shana are. Maid Taiga is unique the way she is and you made it work very well. It's not like a Smash Ultimate echo fighter where there's almost identical and have small changes to their moveset like Dark Samus to Samus. Since these kind of changes would take some time, feel free to just fix the current issues and come back to it later.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1056  August 16, 2022, 05:09:58 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Found a small error for Bowser.
His air throw is unrecoverable to Stupa's Training (with your code on it), making an invalid combo.
https://streamable.com/vgwwvd
Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:32:08 am by Uzuki Shimamura
#1057  August 17, 2022, 02:29:30 am
    • USA

All fixed.

Since Kuroko hasn't been updated, I'm still trying to figure out what causes the debug error. so I'll probably have to get back to you on that later.

It was a problem with Gordeau, not Kuroko. I had to fix a similar issue with Susano'o before.

Found a small error for Bowser.
His air throw is unrecoverable to Stupa's Training (with your code on it), making an invalid combo.
https://streamable.com/vgwwvd

Training recovers on my end whenever I use the air throw on him. Are you sure that the code has been applied to training?

If so, then try redownloading Bowser.
#1058  August 17, 2022, 06:30:32 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#1059  August 19, 2022, 02:06:55 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Bowser has been released. Have fun.

Bowser's pretty cool, OHMSBY. The cinematic astral with the Super Mario 64 Game Over screen is really well done.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with Kirito.

By the way, do you have any tentative plans to add any of the new moves for characters that end up coming in the new Type Lumina update?

Just wondering about that since I remember that's one of the things they were promoting with the new update.
#1060  August 19, 2022, 05:42:34 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I don't know if this has been mentioned but are you planning on doing more KOF characters in the future? Their XIII sprite model looks hi-res/HD enough. Also nice Bowser by the way he plays great and can't wait for Kirito in this style.